Post LeDuc swapmeet

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post LeDuc swapmeet

Post by Nick »

It rained, it was cold, and it was a great time!

While those poor donkeys stayed out in the elements, i came home to a warm shower, a great dinner, and PAIN MEDS!!!

To the whole gang, it was great to see all of you! This was my first outing since my suregery, and you all made it a good time for me, THANKS!

My big purchase was 1 brand spankin new outlaw II for 15 bucks! Now i just need 4 more.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: Post LeDuc swapmeet

Post by yikes »

It was great getting to see some of you again. Steve made the trek all the way from Pismo! I ended up getting in the burb about 10:30, soaked and cold. I took off my shoes and jacket and strategically placed them in front of the heater vents to dry. Fell asleep about 12:30am and woke up at 2:30, sweating. Haha! My clothes were dry though. The good news is I sold just about everything I needed to, then proceeded to spend it all. The goods:

SAW 3.0x12 3 tube - $400 and SAW is going to make another to match

Coil buckets - $90 generic with no shock towers. Steve and I shared the deal.

Pitman arm - Single swing beautifully fab'd and TIG'd. $25!!! FINALLY! Wanna see it?

Mossy Nuts - The plated version. Woohoooo! No more rust.

Two Racer's Only beanies - Gotta support the crew
Last edited by yikes on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

But red and blue don't match!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Nick wrote:But red and blue don't match!
The bronco is white, so it's all GFB Nick. Haha! See how my mind changes things. Crap!! When will it ever end?
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

I'm glad you got something, hopefully this will motivate you to put the old gal back together!

Sorry i didn't say my goodbeyes, i was out with Steve and Steve, and you had already turned in for the night. You looked so cute sleeping, i didn't want to wake you :lol: Besides, my knee was screaming MOMMA! I just didn't have it in me to stay any longer.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Motivation. Hmmmmm. I'm going to sleep.

Is this beautiful, or what?

gunit

Post by gunit »

Nick wrote: My big purchase was 1 brand spankin new outlaw II for 15 bucks! Now i just need 4 more.
Nick,
I bought a set of 6 tires mounted on Outlaw II's and at this point I don't plan on using the wheels so I might have have 6 available.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

gunit wrote:
Nick wrote: My big purchase was 1 brand spankin new outlaw II for 15 bucks! Now i just need 4 more.
Nick,
I bought a set of 6 tires mounted on Outlaw II's and at this point I don't plan on using the wheels so I might have have 6 available.
Dave, if you find that you don't need them, please let me know. Thanks!
Dezertbronco
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB

Post by Dezertbronco »

Wow What a trip. I drove from Higland to Hemet to deliver a sale and then made my way to the swapmeet with some money burning a hole in my pocket, as I am exiting the freeway BOOM :o Shanynay Talking on her Cellphone Rear ends me. Put the Tounge of the trailer Thru the tailgate and Destroyed the hitch. Good thing I had a spare. The trailer fared well. After a CHP report I made my way To the swapmeet. Where I met Up with Nick,Tony,Brian, Philo and others Sorry I didnt catch your names.

The Goods:

(4) AR23 wheels, Thanks Philo Tony let me know when that spare will be avail.

(4) Bilstien 5100 Shocks with Custom Paint :lol: Thanks Yikes

(1) Drop Pitman arm.

A hand full of Limit straps 15 in all for $10 bucks

Mastercraft Tool Bag $5

(1) Beard Infant Suspension Seat w/ Pyrotect Belts

Last But Not Least (3) GFB Decals from Ollies Brother.

I am now ready To park the Bronco In the Garage and Start The Build. Its Been a long road Its about Time.

Each and every one of you are a Class act, Thank You all.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Had an awesome time... didnt really pick up much, a few small things, but sold a whole bunch of small crap, that turned in to some good cash, so its all good.

Steve, thanks for parts hauling stuff, and it was great to meet you.

Chris, Yikes, Philo, Nick, Steve (both of you), Matt, Ollie, Rick, Rory, shoot, everyone that was out there man, the bench racing and shooting the shet all night long, through the nastiness of weather was great! Had a blast, I am BEAT and already looking forward to next year!
Last edited by tcm glx on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I had a great time... And got lots pf goodies. A new set of seats for the bronco, 1 new toyo tire, and a full set of autofab glass for the front. I'm going to sleep now as I have been up for 36 hours with just a short wanna
be nap.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Finally found a browser that wasn't causing a login issue today so I can respond... (Steve - I STILL don't get it. aol didn't work this time, either did IE - but I'm in successfully on FireFox now - which never worked before).

Anyways - It was was a good time. Cold, wet and nasty weather couldn't out do a great group of guys. Heck - you don't even give me grief for not owning a bronco! I met some new guys and ran into lots I've met before. Gotta love the LeDuc!

I spent a bunch of $ and came home with some OK stuff. I didn't buy as much as I planned, but my wallet is thanking me!

The best news was I sold both a EFI 302 I've been trying to unload for a while AND another seat when I got back to the shop this afternoon. That space opened up just enough room to shoehorn MOST of what I bought in the shop. Now as soon as Jason brings the rest of my crap over (he had to haul it home as the tacoma was overloaded) I'll be out of room AGAIN!

What's the next fun meet up guys? :D
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: Heck - you don't even give me grief for not owning a bronco! I met some new guys and ran into lots I've met before. Gotta love the LeDuc!

Wait a minute, you do not own a bronco.... aaaaaaaahhhhh man, who let this guy in!!

j/k!
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

steve is kinda like the red headed stepchild of the variuos forums....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

What you sayin Scott??? Tolerated by all, but truly accepted by none????

I am sort of an oddball aren't I! hahahaha

Missed this before Nick
Nick wrote:I'm glad you got something, hopefully this will motivate you to put the old gal back together!

Sorry i didn't say my goodbeyes, i was out with Steve and Steve, and you had already turned in for the night. You looked so cute sleeping, i didn't want to wake you :lol: Besides, my knee was screaming MOMMA! I just didn't have it in me to stay any longer.
You put up a DAMN good fight! It was after midnight when you headed out wasn't it? 10 hours worth of swap meeting is one heck of a 1st outting for the knee!
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

you are accepted brother ......
i wish i coulda gone to this,but as i read ...the weather sucked? it was sunny here....
that pitman arm looks purdy Brian!!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I was joking man. After this weekend I know I will fit in really well here. GREAT group of guys. Some I've known for a while - some I've talked to online for years and never met face to face, and some I got to meet face to face this weekend.
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

Had a great time hangin' w/ the GFB boys. Scored some AutoFab beams, permenant antenna for the chase radio, and Steve helped me get a set of Deaver's. Awesome day.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:What you sayin Scott??? Tolerated by all, but truly accepted by none????

I am sort of an oddball aren't I! hahahaha

Missed this before Nick
Nick wrote:I'm glad you got something, hopefully this will motivate you to put the old gal back together!

You put up a DAMN good fight! It was after midnight when you headed out wasn't it? 10 hours worth of swap meeting is one heck of a 1st outting for the knee!
Yup, left a little after 12pm and was home by 1:15. Surprisingly, i felt pretty good today
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:

I think the next MORE race. a few of us have plans to go out in support of Polarcubs 9 team.