Baja Expeditions 2012

Races, meets, etc
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Baja Expeditions 2012

Post by philofab »

gunit wrote:I discovered a big crack in the passenger side beam near the axle opening this morning.
Photos?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Been a while since I've been on GFB, I guess because i don't own a Bronco anymore but WOW, you guys are having some fun. Looking through the pic's, I saw this one....

Since most of you guys know I'm an old School guy, this truck really caught my eye. I'm guessing it's John's from Autofab? Is there any build pic's of it or detailed pic's? After seeing this thread I'm thinking about making my old school class 8 truck street legal so i would be able to do stuff like this. I think I might have to get special permission since it's a Chevy though :D . Looks like a great event, sorry I missed it, hopefully I can do the next one. Any plans on doing one in the states? Thanks again, Rory.

P.S. Not sure if anyone caught it but John even went OLD SCHOOL on the yellow "Mastercraft" sticker.....most likely mid to late 70's.....
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm pretty sure it's the "spare parts truck" Rory.

Here's the link on the autofab site. Make sure to check all the blue tabs at the upper left of the page here
http://www.autofab.com/75F100new_page_1.htm
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

GFBers,

Thanks for making this such an awesome event. I didn't have the Silver Bullet there but damn my daily driver (Droopy aka Black Bronco mafia) hung in there for just running Solo's front end and stock rear end. Again, you guys made this another successful event and we are glad to see everyone had a great time. Now how many of you have thought? hmmm is it time to go back to Baja? LOL. I know I have.

We couldn't put on such an event without the support of GFB, BajaHID, Mirage Racing, Off Road magazine, Advanced Discovery, Horsepower Ranch and last but definitely not least, Tom and Tony. These two guys helped keep everything on task and are great about all the details and without them this would not have happen. I couldn't imagine organizing a run of this size with anyone else! Thanks everyone.

VIVA BAJA!
Chris
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

you guys suck!!!!!!!!!

looks like another awesome trip!

big props to tony, chris and tom for putting all this together, hell of a job guys!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Thanks Ollie. Hell you're a Baja regular. When are you joining us for one of these runs???

Chris
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Well, I lied about the carnage. Just discovered my sector shaft is cracked. Pinche'!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:Well, I lied about the carnage. Just discovered my sector shaft is cracked. Pinche'!
How can you tell?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I can see a diagonal crack at the top of the splines.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Wow! From the looks of it, this topped last years trip.

Who's truck is this?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Dang B, that's scary. Glad it didn't give up in Mex. Only carnage on my end was a bent up rear bumper and dented gas tank.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick,

That's Ryan's. He works at Autofab.

Chris
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Thanks Ollie. Hell you're a Baja regular. When are you joining us for one of these runs???

Chris
maybe when i get another bronco?! haha!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

PBR wrote:
BajaBronco13 wrote:Thanks Ollie. Hell you're a Baja regular. When are you joining us for one of these runs???

Chris
Ollie, if they will let me take a BLAZER to a Bronco run, you can roll with me....... :D

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Wardy wrote:
PBR wrote:

Chris
Ollie, if they will let me take a BLAZER to a Bronco run, you can roll with me....... :D

Blasphemy!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Rory, you have to promise to bring that thing man, super freakin cool Blazer!!
5thPinned
Bronco Info: Ryans brother

Post by 5thPinned »

Hey guys this is Taylor, Ryan's brother. I felt compelled to sign on and express my thanks and gratitude for yet again an amazing time. It was good to see some familiar faces, and meet some new ones. Hats off to the organizers! You guys really know how to throw a seamless party. My wife Nikki kept commenting on how friendly and helpful every one was. I expected nothing less out of this group.

So to keep it short and sweet, thank you all and we look forward to the next one. Maybe then my Silverado will be ready! ;)
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

What an absolute blast! I've gotta say It's always fun hanging out in Baja with great friends.

I'm proud of Chris, Tony and Tom for organizing such a great event that benefits the less fortunate. You guys are what all off roaders should aspire to be. It's all about having fun and paying it forward at the end of the day.

Many thanks to Bill for giving us all an awesome crash course in shock basics and shock tuning.. I know I learned a lot about all the variables that arise with shock tuning and set up. A big thanks to the Horsepower Ranch for opening its doors to us and welcoming us to their paradise. Many thanks to all the participants who attended and were quick to lend a hand at a moments notice to help each other out. It's that great camaraderie that makes us all want to go back to Baja the day we get home. A special thanks to the GFB family for giving us all a great place to share our addiction for Broncos and Baja.

I should mention that a big thanks goes out to the Policia Municipal of Eréndida who were very cool to us and are doing there part to restore the beauty of Baja by giving back to the local community.

This trip was one for the books and although I didn't get very many action shots... The whole weekend was full of action! Even when we weren't moving :lol:

Tony.. Thanks for getting us through those peculiar situations and keeping calm the whole time.

Hope to see all you guys in the dust of Baja soon.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

It'd be really cool to see a Blazer hauling the mail alongside all the other awesome trucks through the backroads of Baja.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Well I just got home and really enjoyed looking through the pictures. It was a truely epic trip once again. Thanks so much to Tony, Chris and Tom for the terrific job at organizing the trip. They really are a great team.

Thanks to everyone that helped me when the fuel pump crapped out. I was so bummed to hold up the group but everyone was so cool and helpful.

Philo, your always such a help, insurance or not thank you my friend for helping with the pump swap.

Matt C., thank you so much for letting me use your truck and trailer to drag my Bronco in on. Funny how it ended up be so useful in Ensenada rescuing Ceasar, I mean Darin, and helped getting your truck out too. I hope I never have to drive the Compadre trail towing again though that was zero fun.

Rod and Mick, thanks for following me in while towing the Bronco. The extra eyes from behind really helped. Sorry for slowing you up.

Bill V. and Maddie, Even though I missed most of your seminar dragging my sorry butt in so late Thank you for sharing your knowlege with us. You really went all out on it and I know everyone except maybe sleeping beauty learned a lot. I still want my make up class though. Maybe me and Brian could take our make up class together.

To everyone else that attended thanks for a great time with some of the best people on the face of the earth. Your greeting at the rally point after I made repairs and we caught back up was touching to say the least. The whole group was just awesome. Everyone was so welcoming to Kelly and she talked about how wonderful everyone was nearly the whole way home. I think she's hooked. I'm proud to call you all my friends.

Augi, Thanks for coming along and I know your write up will be top notch and I'm really looking forward to seeing the coverage in Off Road. Oh and thanks for the shirt. Kind of took the sting out of my failure on the first day.

Now for our sites founders, Thank you Steve, Ollie and Nick for building and maintaining such an awesome site where like minded people like this can socialize, learn and enjoy each others company in such grand fashion. It really is true that class attracts class and you guys are number one in my book. Mucho gracias amigos.

P.S. Rory, Even though you weren't there thanks for being the influence to create this site. Now sell that Blazer, get a Bronco and join the fun. Oh I guess its OK to keep the Chevy, every family needs a black sheep or two.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions