Baja Expeditions 2012

D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Re: Baja Expeditions 2012

Post by D1cker1 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355212401.019916.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355212401.019916.jpg (94.74 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Bajaa
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355212448.869682.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355212448.869682.jpg (170.59 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Is that Chris' son standing front and centre, daring the camera to give him some lip? :lol: :lol:
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

AussieRod wrote:Is that Chris' son standing front and centre, daring the camera to give him some lip? :lol: :lol:
Yup, that's little T.

Man, I'm missing Baja all the time. I especially miss the rumble of trophy trucks roaring past us in the dirt. It's like you can feel the ground shake as they approach and pass you.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Agui-E7TE wrote:
Man, I'm missing Baja all the time. I especially miss the rumble of trophy trucks roaring past us in the dirt. It's like you can feel the ground shake as they approach and pass you.
I remember it was one of the 1000's, and it was a loop race. We were outside of San Felipe, and the trophy trucks were on their second loop around and we were still on our first... we were running about 50 through the whoops in our class 10 with the little Ecotech screaming out back. I notice lights coming, and they are coming fast. Two trophy trucks came screaming by us side by side like we were dragging an anchor. I'll never forget that sound... It was like a beautiful V8 choir of angels, the kind of power you can feel in your chest. The only word I have for it is awesome, and that does it no justice.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
Agui-E7TE wrote:
I remember it was one of the 1000's, and it was a loop race. We were outside of San Felipe, and the trophy trucks were on their second loop around and we were still on our first... we were running about 50 through the whoops in our class 10 with the little Ecotech screaming out back. I notice lights coming, and they are coming fast. Two trophy trucks came screaming by us side by side like we were dragging an anchor. I'll never forget that sound... It was like a beautiful V8 choir of angels, the kind of power you can feel in your chest. The only word I have for it is awesome, and that does it no justice.
Couldn't have said it better myself. That's why there's nothing cooler than a Trophy Truck. I wouldn't be surprised if 20 years from now they still use the same technology they currently have because they're already far more superior than any other wheeled vehicle in the world right now... how much faster can they be in the future.. a 200 mph TT doesn't sound likely but that would be nuts if it happened.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

tcm glx wrote:
Interesting story to this one:
Never realized we never came back to close the loop on this one........ So as the story goes, we took a wrong turn on the second day of farting around in Baja... and went on a access road that belonged to a local rancher in Erendira.... We drove on the west side of his crops, and as you can imagine, he wasnt super happy with over 20 rigs kicking up a bunch of dust/dirt, which landed on his field. As soon as he asked us to turn around and point out the error in our ways, we politely did so. Interestingly enough, he prefered we all turn around, and go back through the road (which probably kicked up more dust, but that was his preference, and certainly his right). So we did, the local police was notified, and so we were stopped. Fortunately, the police did not hold up the entire group. A small group of us stayed behind to talk to the very very polite policeman who helped us understand the importance of the local crops, and asked us to be more understanding. An hour later, we were all on our way... no bribes, no threats, nothing whatsoever. On the flip side, we left with a new friend, the local chief of police.

As it turns out, in our conversations, he mentioned he was building a new Sports Center in town, primarily to focus on keeping the local kids busy, and engaged in good teaming type events. He mentioned they had both Soccer and Basketball fields, and was exremely excited.

Fast forward to September, and the Sr Chief in our trio of planners (aka Tom) got a SWEET hookup at a local sport store ( I believe Sports Authority) to cut us a deal on some soccer equipment. 15 or 16 Soccer balls, and 3 Full Size Net Setups I beleive was the total count of the goods.

So Tom, Chris and myself decide, playing hookey from work on a Friday and going to baja sounds like a NOT SO BAD idea.... and it was absolutely a blast. We got in touch with the chief, and he agreed to meet us up.... He took us to the local Sports Center, and needless to say was really happy about the donations. It was a blast...... we decided since we were in Mexico, a little RC action would be good!

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Baja, absolute off road heaven. For full size trucks and RCs. When are we heading back guys????

Chris
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Easter time? I MIGHT be over then ;)
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

Very proud to call you guys friends! Great job with the donation of sports equipment.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

It’s been a while…..bump. Time for another?
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

tcm glx wrote:It’s been a while…..bump. Time for another?
I’m down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

tcm glx wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:35 am
It’s been a while…..bump. Time for another?
Are you kidding? IF I can get out of this sh*thole and cross the pond, I am ABSOLUTELY up for another trip.