2012 B500

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: 2012 B500

Post by tcm glx »

We had a spare hour to kill, so we hit up Sharkys down there in Saturday. ........ Looks like we never even touched the dirt, ha ha
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Race results!
Attachments
12 B500 race results_Page_1.jpg
12 B500 race results_Page_1.jpg (116.79 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
12 B500 race results_Page_2.jpg
12 B500 race results_Page_2.jpg (97.33 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
12 B500 race results_Page_3.jpg
12 B500 race results_Page_3.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
12 B500 race results_Page_4.jpg
12 B500 race results_Page_4.jpg (40.5 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Boooooo - Feldkamp got bumped to 3rd after a 1st place due to a non functioning IRC box. What a crock of....

Thanks for ruining what was otherwise a nice weekend by making me jealous & super bummed I didn't make more of an effort to go. Next time I'm going whether I'm invited or not... :?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
CITYRAT
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco Prerunner

Post by CITYRAT »

You guys and those black broncos ...You look like the Secret Service of Ojos Negros!..Haha..Man all of us who see those pics are bummed we couldnt be there. Gotta go to the Mil!..Thx for pics
crazyjim
Bronco Info: 2000 Jeep XJ

Post by crazyjim »

Just wanted to pop in and say I had a blast. Thanks again Tony for the seat, you FINALLY got me to go. :D

I'll definitely do it again, and will be bringing the XJ when it's done... It was good meeting you Dicker, had fun hanging out, and like always had a blast with Tony, Vic, and Chris. Also Tom, it was great to meet you and drool over your truck in person instead of on the internet. It's a work of art man!

The view of the parking lot of our Hotel...

And Tony's Bronco gettin' some! It seemed to do pretty damn good!

ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

BajaF250 wrote:Stayed at HPR... had a great time... good food, good beverages and good friends.
Hey Tom,

I stayed at HPR too. I actually was the one that told you Parkhouse was keeping their stuff down in the shed. I was going to BS but didn't know if you were in a hurry. I couldn't remember what you look like outside the truck or I would have said hi!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Agui-E7TE wrote:Man! It looks like it was a blast down there. Have fun and drive safe.
Hey Agui,
I can't believe you weren't down there... such a blast... much better in person! :lol:
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Hey Tom,

I stayed at HPR too. I actually was the one that told you Parkhouse was keeping their stuff down in the shed. I was going to BS but didn't know if you were in a hurry. I couldn't remember what you look like outside the truck or I would have said hi!
Hey Erik,
You should have smacked me in the head! :o Would have loved to have a cerveza and chat... Tony mentioned that you were down at the race. So, where were you on race day?
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

crazyjim wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say I had a blast. Thanks again Tony for the seat, you FINALLY got me to go. :D

I'll definitely do it again, and will be bringing the XJ when it's done... It was good meeting you Dicker, had fun hanging out, and like always had a blast with Tony, Vic, and Chris. Also Tom, it was great to meet you and drool over your truck in person instead of on the internet. It's a work of art man!
Hey Jim, it was great to meet you and hang for a while... it's such a blast down there especially with the race atmosphere all around you. I sure hope it's not the last time you go down... !! :shock: :lol:
Great photos too! Thanks for posting!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

A few more pics:
A very nice Ranger with front and rear Raptor clip. Unfortunately looks like they put it on its side prerunning... light damage to the driver side.

97 F250 TTB Diesel

Love this rig:

Vic and I spent about 30 minutes drooling, this body, and the paint is second to none on any other TT we saw. The shine was unbelievable!! It looked like an easy 5-10K paint job. We overheard the guys chatting about the fact that the body molds were for Andy Mac, and would not be seen on any other truck. The level of attention to detail is incredible on the glass......
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Tom...... Projector conversions in a 200MM lense!!

The guard at our hotel drove a Honda motorcycle. We stayed at the same hotel as the JCR guys (who are a total class act by the way). The guard had Jonny Cambell sign the gas tank

Having a good time...... I think so!!

Sharky's car wash and detail ROCKS!! $30 bucks for a VERY GOOD wash, including a frame and engnie detail
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:Tom...... Projector conversions in a 200MM lense!!
Hey T,
Can you tell who makes it? I can't make anything out.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Jim and Tony (D1cker1),

Glad you guys came along for your first Baja 500 experience. You guys are awesome co-dogs and always welcome to our Baja runs.

Tom,

Great seeing you and chatting as always. Now buy your 10th scale RC! LOL

Vic and Tony,

My Baja bros, what can I say, another successful Baja run with no vehicle issues or concerns. Prerunning those first 45 miles was kick @$$, even with my stock daily driver. I was way off the back but still enjoyed the drive.

Can't forget Israel, our camera man capturing all the action. Thanks Israel.

Chris
Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:A few more pics:
Love this rig:
It certainly didn't look like this coming through Borrego! At RM204, it didn't have a shred of body left... it clearly got tangled up somewhere along the way... they were off pace as well... But I did get a chance to look at the truck in the tech line... absolutely beautiful... it was put together so well... it's truly a work of art. Does anyone know who builit it?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Tom, Sorry I didn't have a chance to talk. I was very busy at the pit during the time you were there.

Chris, Tony, Vic, Jim, & Dicker, Good seeing you guys again...

We has both TTs some in on top of each other (3 minutes apart) and both had a couple of issues. Lost the dry break valve and had a stripped out lug nut on the rear that took a few minutes to fix.

After the TTs came in, #600 came in for four new tires, fuel, an oil change, and air filter.

All trucks finished even though we had a number of issues. Lost a hub, fuel line, and steering servo on the TTs. The #600 lost a transmission, so that took a couple hours to change.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote: Prerunning those first 45 miles was kick @$$,

This was OUTSTANDING!!!! I had such a blast doing the first 45 miles. It was awesome seeing a bunch of guys prerunning as well. The other cool factor, we have Moss Brothers pop up behind us right before getting to Ojos..... how cool is that!!!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

crazyjim wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say I had a blast. Thanks again Tony for the seat, you FINALLY got me to go. :D
We got the Baja heebie geebies away from you!!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:
Love this rig:
It certainly didn't look like this coming through Borrego! At RM204, it didn't have a shred of body left... it clearly got tangled up somewhere along the way... they were off pace as well... But I did get a chance to look at the truck in the tech line... absolutely beautiful... it was put together so well... it's truly a work of art. Does anyone know who builit it?

Tom,
When they got to Ojos, they already were running without any glass. There is a picture of it in a small ditch on RDC, so I am assuming that may be where most of the glass was lost. He came through Ojos SCREAMING!! Truck certainly has potential.

There is a full thread on it on RDC:
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showth ... info-on-it
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Tom and Tony!

Tom, on race day I was either at RM320 or in the race car, depending on when you were looking for me! Like I said, if I would have remembered what you look like without your truck I would have bought a couple beers!

Tony, I passed you guys prerunning the first 45 on contingency day. You guys were parked down in a wash and we came by in the class 10 cars. (The green crock car and the orange class 10)

That ranger was on it's side when we found it prerunning. We asked if he needed the strap but said he was fine and had help on the way. The bottom of the thing is pretty nice.
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

BajaF250 wrote:
Love this rig:

The frame & arms are all Dave Clark built. The remainder was all built in house at Vildosola's shop. A very Lightweight TT !