More Chili Cookoff 9-2011

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

More Chili Cookoff 9-2011

Post by tcm glx »

What a great day, nice breeze, hanging out with good folks, got to run the Bronco through some perfect size whoops (at a pretty good clip I might add), tried to keep up with Brian, but he drives faster than I have the b*lls to try and keep up with, none the less, all was good.

Kaveman finished, 4th or 5th, had a few issues. The car had a few minor issues; no nitrogen in the rear shocks, suspicious because they had 200 psi Friday morning before the race, and then 0 on lap 1 and also a skid plate that decided it wanted to become a shovel....

anyways, nobody cares about the stories, everyone wants pics:

As Philo would say......." your doing it wrong"

tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Re: More Chili Cookoff 9-2011

Post by tcm glx »

More

tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

MORE:

tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

un poco mas

Artsy fartsy for nick
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Big congrats to Matt & Gary on a strong race today. It may not have been a win, but they were fast all day. The shock deal was sure unfortunate.

The day started out beautiful. It rained lightly from Angeles Oaks all the way to Big Bear. Temps were great. The ligntning was awesome to watch! This was the view as we came close to Bessemer.

The day was going great. This was our view at the pit.

Then this happened! What the...!

Then I saw a chupacabra!

Love this fast green Bronco. Ran solid all day.

This truck has always been a favorite. Runs strong and always seems to finish...with it's 1/2 studs and acorn nuts. Proof that a smart right foot doesn't break parts.

This kid gets the longest race vehicle award. AKA the whoop and a half award.

Well, the camera died early so that's all I got. Had a great time today! Was great getting out there after two years.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Brian,
You forgot to mention how well the front end was working on your ride, and how well it soaked up those whoops......
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

tcm glx wrote:Brian,
You forgot to mention how well the front end was working on your ride, and how well it soaked up those whoops......
Until my balls shrunk on the way out. Haha! Those were cage sized bumps. Yeah, really pleased with the last adjustment to the front. More compression in the early stages, a bit less in stage 3 and less rebound at the top seemed to help drop the tires into the holes quicker and slowed them down under load to get the front end up a bit more. A little more fine tuning and it should work quite well. Now it's time to get the back to catch up with the front. Feeling good!

Dangit! Forgot to get video!
fixxor
Bronco Info: 03 Ranger 4x4 no more bronco :(

Post by fixxor »

Nice pictures guys. Wish I could have made it out. Congrats to the kaveman team for finishing!
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

That stock white bronco looks pretty good!

Thanks for lugging the pump out to the race.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Yah that green Bronco was the....anyways I saw it in the pits on the way out it is the 302 EB chase truck haha.... Great pics guys.

The weather was awesome both fri and sat night we got a bit of rain and had the summer light show all night long.

Thank you for all of the support out there. It is very nice knowing that you are out there.

As far as the race goes to make a long story short for the readers the killer event for the 990 was the skid plate. We lost about 40 min there and that was about how long we missed 1st by. Matt and Gary were fast and even with the extra stops in main to deal with the shocks and valve cover gaskets they would have been in the top. A big thanks goes out to the entire crew for all of the great work!

For anyone headed out for the Powder Puff Tut Tech racing wil be running KIT and Pepper will be driving. I am pretty sure I will be out there to give the ladies a hand. Thank you all again.
Jeremy
Yuccin
Bronco Info: 80s f150

Post by Yuccin »

Your guys car skidplate get smashed up before pit 2. A car came in next to us at pit 2 there guys tried breaking it off i offered some 1 1/2 self tappers but they said no should have held but ohwell. I chase for empire we did great should have taken 2nd or 3rd in class 1 lost steering to car 500 ft from finish codriver had to hang through hood and pliers to steering box lol we got dq'd for co driver not having his restraints on niceeeee lol
You guys at pit 3 or at rd crossing didnt look as dusty as my pit
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

shockseals.com wrote:That stock white bronco looks pretty good!
It's all bout steel fenders and stock bumpers!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Yuccin wrote:Your guys car skidplate get smashed up before pit 2. A car came in next to us at pit 2 there guys tried breaking it off i offered some 1 1/2 self tappers but they said no should have held but ohwell. I chase for empire we did great should have taken 2nd or 3rd in class 1 lost steering to car 500 ft from finish codriver had to hang through hood and pliers to steering box lol we got dq'd for co driver not having his restraints on niceeeee lol
You guys at pit 3 or at rd crossing didnt look as dusty as my pit
We actually lost the skid plate about MM 33 just past the fair pits...I saw alot of cars with skid plate issues this race. Bummer about the DQ. We had Tony and Yikes at bessimer stop b if your out at the Dec race we usually have the kaveman sign out and my bronco is usually out there.
Jeremy
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

SteveG wrote:
shockseals.com wrote:That stock white bronco looks pretty good!
It's all bout steel fenders and stock bumpers!
Once you go glass it's no longer a stock grocery getter and much more is to be expected of it.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thats why I went back to steel fenders hahahah. Actually its because I want the stock appearing fiberglass from Autofab but need to save for a bit....
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Thats why I went back to steel fenders hahahah. Actually its because I want the stock appearing fiberglass from Autofab but need to save for a bit....
You selling your Glass?? if so pm me..
-Andy
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
mrmatt
Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does

Post by mrmatt »

No matter what happened it was a great race. I had such a great time out there. I will say tho it kinda gets hard to keep pushing on the car when you 40 min down! lol

Thank you to Tony, gabe and Ykes for making it out! Thank you to everyone who continues to support us. We have an awesome crew everytime and it is all the friendship that makes this sport so incredible.

Tony, Brian...the shots of 990 are SWEET. Could I get a copy of them. T, yours showcases the Kaveman aluminum work nicley! lol

B, yours makes me see why I need to be driving something with alot more suspension! lol BTW, the Byma (1433) won class 1400. That is a super awesome truck. Nice people too.