MORE Freedom 250 Night Race July 16th Pics.... race report

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

MORE Freedom 250 Night Race July 16th Pics.... race report

Post by tcm glx »

Kaveman Motorsports was cutting up with the top three the entire race this time!!

The nuts and bolts of it was it was a GREAT race, mid 90s, great breeze blowing, and no issues at all with the Kaveman Class 9. BajaHID just jumped on board to convert KC lights for Matt and Gary so they could see at night, the car was in great shape, and the crew was excited.

Started the race dicing it up with the top 3, and kept doing so for all five laps. We lead according to my point of view, 3 of those laps....Lap 2 and 3, and Lap 4. At the end of Lap 3, came in for pit.. and as we left, car 916 (who would later win) took over. We got them back that same lap by MM11, and then at the end of lap 4, with only one lap to go and in the lead, the inner tube blew out on the right rear. Matt was about 4 miles away from pit, and with 1.5 of those miles limited to 35MPH anyways, he limped it in to the pit, for a quick tire change. 916, got by, and made up about 4 minutes on us..... Matt chased him down, and as they came into the finish line, Matt was around 90 seconds behind 916! 2nd place it is.. and now the points chase gets serious, top 3 cars should all be within 4 pts of each other!!

Some pics, and video of our fuel stop:

**** This is a video of our pit.
Last edited by tcm glx on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: MORE Freedom 250 Night Race July 16th Pics.... race report

Post by tcm glx »

Cool f150 out there:

Raptor Love:

Steve, for you:

Princess "Chase 1"

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Congratulations to the entire team! That's great news! So happy for Matt and Gary. They keep at it and it's beginning to pay off.

Diggin the truck shots too T!
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Nice photos T...Weather looked great!
Jeremy
fixxor
Bronco Info: 03 Ranger 4x4 no more bronco :(

Post by fixxor »

Weather was perfect out there. Was at hodge road in pit row the whole time. Here is 990:

And here are the rest of my pictures: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 513F11!370

Obligatory bronco pic, I didnt see any over where I was, then again I was not really paying attention:

And here is a video I made:

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks for the pics T. I've got a lot of that truck saved and more are always welcome!

Sorry I missed the race guys. Karen had family in town so we were showing around, etc. Sounds like it was a pretty good race though!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

looks like it was a fun race!! lost boys racing 938 had a very short day.. car rolled four time's on lap one at mm25. passenger side tire blew, then the spindal ripped off, then there was no brakes, then the car hit a rock, then the car rolled four time's into a ditch! lots of repair to do.. bent tubes and sheet metal!! all in all everyone's alright.. it was my 15 year old Nephew's first ride! he's super pumped about Desert racing right now!! :D
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Andy Jones wrote:looks like it was a fun race!! lost boys racing 938 had a very short day.. car rolled four time's on lap one at mm25. passenger side tire blew, then the spindal ripped off, then there was no brakes, then the car hit a rock, then the car rolled four time's into a ditch! lots of repair to do.. bent tubes and sheet metal!! all in all everyone's alright.. it was my 15 year old Nephew's first ride! he's super pumped about Desert racing right now!! :D
Ouch rough day! I read the report on RDC.
Jeremy
mrmatt
Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does

Post by mrmatt »

I know I am a little late but....it was an awsome race!!! The KAveman krew was on top of things all day/night! The Baja HID conversions kept us all lit up for the night and worked great (except for Gary deciding to turn them ALL off going down a very rocky tight hill, guess he thought I needed a challenge!) The flat tire was the difference! The class 9 battle has been tough all season long.

Thank you to everyone who supports us at the races and at home cheering us on. Thank you to Baja HiD for stepping up and helping us out when other lighting companies wouldn't.