desert racing is all about fun,friends and family

bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

desert racing is all about fun,friends and family

Post by bajascott »

so after alot of time on the phone,messing around with facebook and the internet,i went to the desert in eastern oregon.the origional intent was to just herd people into the small town of Paisley oregon and do a small part of boosting the local economy by spending a few dollars in town,buying firewood,gas and eating.after we did that we were supposed to go out and do work on the race course we have been working on.

well we did just that, imagine 29 people piled into our prerunners,trucks and 1 class 12 off road race car,rolling into a small town of 255 people doing a slow lap around the area and taking up most of the street. we all walked into the Homestead restraunt and filled the back room.the owners set us up with a great buffet.

i had the pleasure of discussing radio communications and the use of the lake county search and rescue team with the ham radio club pres.and a big dog with the SAR. they were great to chat with and were very exited about the up coming need for their great service and training.

we then went back to our camp,gased up and prepaired to depart on our journey into the dusty abyss that is our race course.allthough we had a few momments of confusion we had a good day of off roading and giving our vehicles an oppritunity to do what they were built for. jared got what he needed to get done with checking out so alternative routes,and kevin did his surveying and measureing of main pit , i took up the back of the pack making sure that everyone was still in motion and running. my passenger Devin and i were having a great time being seated in a pepsi can full of marbles.( best discription for what it sounds like to ride in my bronco at speed in rough terrain).

well we put down some miles and took care of what we needed to out there. back at camp, i ate some the BEST carne Asada i have EVER eaten ,i cooked fish for tacos . we all were fed well.

camp fire shinagains were everthing you could think of,i was glad to be the brunt of some of the entertainment TL makes a great bartender, i make a great bar fly. GREAT one liners all night,great disscussions,jokes and laughs.

this last weekend will go into my book of greats.made new friends hung with old friends.

there are not enough words that i could say to tell those that were there how much i appriciate them for the friendship,the passion for what we do and well, for being who they are thank you!
Attachments
P1010280.JPG
P1010280.JPG (69.31 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
P1010277.JPG
P1010277.JPG (74.13 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
P1010286.JPG
P1010286.JPG (72.39 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
P1010281.JPG
P1010281.JPG (67.64 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Re: desert racing is all about fun,friends and family

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Scott,

What's that green stuff on the side of the road in the last pic? ha ha ha we don't get enough water to make anything that green during the summer in Barstow. :) Nice pics by the way.

Chris
bajascott
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

haha that is the beloved sage brush.it is always green!!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
yogib

Post by yogib »

Wish I could have been there.Sounds like you guys had fun and made some new friends in the area.Are the locals pretty excited for the race? I sure hope so.They should, there cant be any excitement out in that god forsaken corner of oregon.Maybe next time I will make it out.Need more pics Scott. :D
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Here's a few more:

I was having a great time and then all of a sudden my brakes went out. And I mean, about 95% of my braking capacity. I had no clue what was going on. It felt like the back brakes were kind of working and the front wasn't at all. I concentrated all my efforts on the front brakes, thinking that was the problem. I made it back to town Sunday morning and the gas station happened to be open that day since we were all there. I borrowed a jack and took off the right rear drum since it had started making a noise on the way into town and found the image below. What could cause a shoe to fracture like that? If you can't tell in the photo, most of the piece that is perpendicular to the shoe had broken off.
Last edited by Phoenix0783 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
yogib

Post by yogib »

Looks like a good reason to upgrade to rear discs.I heard Tonys buggy motor died :( Is the big pic a possible main pit or something?
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

the buggy had sucked in some brush causeing it to over heat according to Gene
yes the pit area in the panaramic pic. it is a very cool area. i wish i had more pics,but i only took like 10 the whole weekend with my real camera, lame!
by the way,
great pics jamie! and again ...... you did a GREAT job on your bronco.it was wierd sitting in that thing for the short time i did.so quiet,so relaxing.... :D
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

Awesome pics Scott. The Bronco looks great. It is good to hear you had a nice weekend.

That brake may have just been a bad part. It could also have been overheated and heat fatigued. You might want to check the cylinder and the parking brake to make sure they are not sticking or dragging.