Vorra Yerrington 300

yogib

Vorra Yerrington 300

Post by yogib »

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/2011-vo ... 19754.html Check out at the first of the video.Scott Wooden,s blue bronco.Looking good at Tech.Unfortunately it suffered a roll over on the last lap and came out not having much of anything not dented or glass cracked.It,s being fixed post haste though.He was running very strong till the roll over.I believe first in class.Next time darnit!Trying to talk him into running Vegas to Reno with it.
TrevorPiggott
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...

Re: Vorra Yerrington 300

Post by TrevorPiggott »

I was really excited to see that Bronco out there. My brother took pictures of it a few years back at a VORRA race and was hoping to see it out there again. Never seen a steering setup like his too, thought it looked pretty neat. Hope to see him out there again!
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Yerington's a cool place to race! They treat the racers well, that parade is ON main street. Sorry to hear about the Wooden Bronco. Don German is a pretty cool name to hear that has been around a very long time. Some severe schedule conflicts have kept me away from this one for quite a few years.

Trevor, how did you guys do? I have not looked up any results for this one. You guys had the new short version of your truck out there, correct?
TrevorPiggott
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...

Post by TrevorPiggott »

300 wrote: Trevor, how did you guys do? I have not looked up any results for this one. You guys had the new short version of your truck out there, correct?
Yep, the shortened '71 F250 was out there, along with a lot of other changes. I think in the end we came out to be 7th out of the 16 sportsman vehicles. Brother and dad made it 4 out of 6 laps. The rear end wasn't drooping as it should have, making for a really rough ride. What stopped them from continuing was realizing they couldn't complete all 6 laps in the amount of time they had left. And they only had the "shortcut" laps left and apparently those were pretty brutal. Being that a LOT was done to the truck since last season and it all held together, I consider Yerington a huge success. Wish we could give one of the other races a go, but due to funds this may be the only race of the season, Ryan is considering doing the last shortcourse, but isn't certain.

Congrats on the Baja 500 win by the way!
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
yogib

Post by yogib »

TrevorPiggott wrote:I was really excited to see that Bronco out there. My brother took pictures of it a few years back at a VORRA race and was hoping to see it out there again. Never seen a steering setup like his too, thought it looked pretty neat. Hope to see him out there again!
Ya thats my buddy Kevin,s swingset steering design.Works good.He has Extreme Motorsports in Hillsboro Ore. Does alot of bronco,s and helped me with mine alot.