B500 Pics

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: B500 Pics

Post by BDKW1 »

Supriesed the resi's in the cab made it through tech, not legal......
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

BDKW1 wrote:Supriesed the resi's in the cab made it through tech, not legal......
My take on it is that if there is not a box to check on the 'Tech Sheet' it makes it through tech 99% of the time. They were not thinking to clearly mounting those there for sure.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

T - your camber is slightly off at ride height. That's what you get for trying to keep the front end low. Not near as bad as it looks in that pic though. And nothing that can't be fixed by adjusting the alignment cams
tcm glx wrote:Image
Who is that ra-tard in the foreground that looks to be confused about what is going on????

BajaBronco13 wrote:As you can tell I like this guy's shirt:

Same shirt. The front is WAY better than the back. Too bad I didn't get a close up pic of it...

tcm glx wrote: I will let chris comment on this one:

Since he passed up his chance I will speak up. Be a MAN - update your FUGLY 80-86 front end to a 92-96 clip!!!!
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

hahahah you must not speak spanish?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:hahahah you must not speak spanish?
I do just fine - ask the boys. I was just more focussed on figuring out if I should start with 6 or 8 tacos and what type and some fool started snapping off pics like a mad man.

At one point on the trip Tony told me to start snapping away at pics since he hadn't been taking many. I have to call BS now. While I did take a few of the above on his camera he took a LOT more than I did. I only snapped maybe 10 total on my camera.

And below I'll post one of my favorites. I can't believe none of you fools took a pic of the General Lee. By far my favorite paint job I saw on the trip!
Attachments
x 029.jpg
x 029.jpg (109.07 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I like the princess sitting low and with a nit of negative camber. Vic was saying I'm gonna wear through my tires, but honestly, for the 6000 miles a year, ill take it. Ride height is good for me right there!!
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

what a weekend! i didn't run into any gfb guys but saw lots of bad ass broncos! i missed mine every time i saw one.

the short version is got my license taken by the federales, got it back 2 hours later, chased the coast all night, got back to town at 3 am, got a call from race car saying come back out and get me, go back out to uropan (sp?), 6 hour race car extraction, back to town, have lunch, shower, and sit at border for 2.5 f'n hours! with all that i can't wait for the next one!

viva baja!

here are pics:

fb link:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0569245732

non-fb link:
http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... 00%202011/
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I was just more focussed on figuring out if I should start with 6 or 8 tacos and what type and some fool started snapping off pics like a mad man.
Tacos at the truck stop are huge, I only put down 3. When we drove by it on the way out sunday morning at 6:30 it was actually closed, I had never seen that before. I really wanted a taco or 2 for the drive home. BTW, 20 min wait at the Tecate border.............
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

20 mins? We crossed Otay in less than 5 Sat night at about 9:30. Then again Tio Vic has the century thing and I got out and walked across while he did that. Neither one of us had to wait in line at all! Go Tio Vic!
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

Well, at 9:30 sat, I was trying to dig an 8 truck out of the silt in Urapan..........
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Showed up in Encinada on Thursday around 1pm. Parked the truck in the parking lot across from the San Nicholas and checked into our room. Dan200 had to do pushups for saying the "M" word. Loaded up tires, pit boxes, and fuel tower in the trailer for our pit spot. Went and ate tacos and had a few beers, ran into RobMac who told us about a bluegill he caught fishing, then went to Paris de Noche and had more beers.

Friday: Got up, Walked around contingency and ran into the Moss boys, Rick, Tom, ect. Found Jelly52 in a parking lot. Resisted temptation to mess with it. Ran into Joel from Bilstien and the Flaharts (They work on GunIt's Bronco sometimes), also met the owner of the famed BFG Bronco. Had to take off for a team meeting. After team meeting, I walked around a bit more in contingency and some old hippy made fun of my Race-Dezert shirt. After that we took off and went to Papas & Beer, then had an awesome dinner at a Italian Restaurant.

Saturday morning we went to Valley De Trinidad and had breakfast. The waitress forgot about Dan and he had to watch us eat for a half hour until he got his food. Then off to the grassy noel to pit. Cameron lost brakes at MM80 or so and didn't want to tackle the summit without them so called it a day. Heidi was doing great and heading our way so we sat around for a few hours until we heard Pistol was coming our way and his crew across the track needed our help with a pit. He needed a rear tire, a spare changed, fuel, and a driver/codog change. We got him in and out under 2.5 minutes. Heidi then came through without stopping. We then packed up and headed back to Encinada. Saw some close calls on the way back. Waited for Heidi's truck at the finish line but the truck didn't make it until 6 am due to loosing the steering around 400 or so.

All in all a good trip despite the trucks having bad luck. Can't wait for the 1000.

Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

"M" word?
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:"M" word?
M word = Mine, DA tradition that anybody using the word does pushups.

Cool pics Philo. Saw the yellow crew cab as well and thought I should have gotten a pic....haha
Last edited by Broncodawg on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
Wood
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco

Post by Wood »

Awesome trip.
Thursday San Jose to Ensenada. Horsepower Ranch party that night, food was delicious BTW :)
Camped there at the ranch that night so we would still be in Ensenada for Contingency, then ran the first part of the race course out of town.
Headed south, decided to take the hwy down to Colonet, then worked our way to the coast and ran 40 mile up the race course to Punta Cabras. That was a real fun section of the course with fast roads mixed with sections where I was in 4-Low.
Stayed at my friends house in Erendira right on the cliffs at Castro's fishsing camp. Awesome spot.
Saturday back up to Ensenada to watch the race at about RM 8? Then back south to Erendira stopping to watch the bikes at a few different spots like the shortcut hillclimb near Urupan and a water crossing somewhere. Made it back to Erendira in time to watch the leaders go by. Menzies truck had a big lead. Watched a couple more spots like the hillclimb out of the wash in town there, then ended up on the beach at Punta Cabras near BFG pit started a fire and kicked back.
Woke up Sunday and went Kayak fishing at the house with about 8 dolphins swimming around with us. Ate some Halibut. Packed up at Headed out to cross border late Sunday night. Stayed at my brother's house in Chula Vista, and drove back to San Jose on Monday.

1700 miles put on the Ranger, worked like a champ, with some of the funnest prerunning I've done. Hadn't been to Baja in 3.5 years, so it really satisfied my urge to get back down there. Made me miss chasing for the 12 car team I used to help...time to try and make a new connection with a team that is currently racing.

Here's a link to pics on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 2826755770
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

There's some sweet shots of Moss and the other C3 boys on this page.

http://www.aeugeniophoto.exposuremanage ... 011baja500
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Couple of quick pics, mostly from around camp. I would like to know more about the expy...appeared to have geiser glass up front. Saw it quick while driving.

Rick, it was good seeing you down there. See you all at the 1000!
Attachments
P6040246.JPG
P6040246.JPG (171.75 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
P6040249.JPG
P6040249.JPG (207.25 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
P6050287.JPG
P6050287.JPG (236.36 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
P6040245.JPG
P6040245.JPG (236.1 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

It was great to meet you Eric. You guys were great neighbors for sure. I was impressed with your car repairs after the demo derby ahh I mean pre run. Ha ha. I hope to see you at the 1000 but in your Bronco this time.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Wood
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco

Post by Wood »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Couple of quick pics, mostly from around camp. I would like to know more about the expy...appeared to have geiser glass up front. Saw it quick while driving.
It's for sale
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/trucks- ... 141505.htm
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Couple of quick pics, mostly from around camp. I would like to know more about the expy...appeared to have geiser glass up front. Saw it quick while driving.

Rick, it was good seeing you down there. See you all at the 1000!
I like that expy...... nice :D EDIT: After seeing the ad and finding out it had a .... ehm ........ C-H-E-V engine in it, it lost me. I would have put a 4V Navi engine in it :D
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It lost me at the fugly, TT wanna be glass (rear worse than the front). They Chevy motor don't bother me. LS series motors are light and put out serious HP.