Post by yikes »

yikes wrote:Go Jimmy!! Haha!

Geeeez I crack myself up!!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: SS300

Post by yikes »

Dave is 5th on the course right now. Just getting started. Can't wait to see how he does.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Dave's rockin 99mph! and he's ahead of Shannon Cambell. Go Dave! Just 280 miles to go. Haha!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Dave stopped at RM42.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Thanks for representing the site Dave!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

whats the story with dave?
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

I think Dave had some problems, because he was hauling the mail for a while, then seemed to drop off the pace. I believe he finished in the upper/middle of the 4400 class, regardless. Looking forward to his race report.

In other news....Adam Householder won TT!! and I think that's absolutely awesome! He's been working hard and earning credibility as a driver. This is a huge win for him.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:In other news....Adam Householder won TT!!
Nice! Householder street-cred just went up about 100 notches!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Just got back an hour ago. We took 2nd in ProTruck....not too bad. Saw Dave's truck ahead of us a staging for start, what a beautiful truck!!

Also got to help with Jeremy's 4400 (4454?) truck as they arrived in tech (late). haha Nice to see you again Jeremy.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Love the new exhaust that exits out the tail light holes! Looked like he finished about 16th in a huge class.
gunit

Post by gunit »

Here is a mini race report:

First 30 miles went great, the course was fast and smooth. We reached speeds of 115 on the graded dirt roads and we picked up a couple spots.

About rm 30 we lost the front drive shaft; the bolts at the transfer case broke and the driveshaft pulled apart at the slip joint and it fell off. At first we tried to continue with the yoke still attached to the the third but a couple miles further we had to stop and take it off.

We stopped at pit 1 because the sway bar links had broken, my crew wired the arms up out of the way and we continued on without the bar.

We began having steering issues shortly thereafter, the car would steer but was not tracking well and seemed to have a mind of it's own. With sway bar gone and funky steering we were racing at prerun speed.

Stopped at Checkers pit at pit 2 for visual on the steering, can't find anything out of place.

Stopped for our scheduled fuel stop at pit 3, had to hammer the u joint caps back on the front axle shaft. in addition, the outer snap ring on the axle shaft had broken and the axle was flopping around inside the knuckle.

At about rm 150 the brand new alternator went out, we barely made it to pit 4 and we swapped in another new one.

Made stops at pits 5 & 6 for visual checks as we were now in "finish" mode.

Finished before dark 16th of 35 starters, 81st overall.

It was a great course and a great race, I'm thinking V2R in this class for our next race.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Silverslk wrote:Just got back an hour ago. We took 2nd in ProTruck....not too bad. Saw Dave's truck ahead of us a staging for start, what a beautiful truck!!

Also got to help with Jeremy's 4400 (4454?) truck as they arrived in tech (late). haha Nice to see you again Jeremy.
Andy I cant tell you how much help you were THANK YOU! What a weekend.

So here is the short story for the 4454. As most of you know it was wadded up about 3 weeks ago out in lucerne as the result of a 70 mph 3.5 twist endo Ouch. The resulting damage included the whole front end was replaced. Desert concepts got the car back Monday last week wich only left 3 days to put it all back together. I arrived at the shop wensday afternoon to help and the car was still pretty much a skeleton. We were waiting on parts to arrive like the 3rd member which we didnt get until thursday afternoon! So wensday we worked until about 2am and thursday we started at 9 and finished Fri at noon! With the entire team just beat down we got on the road just before 2pm EEK! My brother got to tech before we did abt 530ish and was able to let them know we were arriving very soon. The begrudgingly said they would wait. We arrived at tech about 5min til 6 they shut down at 6pm. Got the car through contingency and in tech and low and behold the blue light was deaed arrg. So Matt and Andy worked on that while I got the tracker box and Mike got the transponder. Being my first time with all of this I was not in the know on the extras. By the time I got back to the car Matt and Andy had gotten the Blue light fixed and we were good to go. We stopped at the PCI trailer to get some help with the GPS as it was acting wonky and it turned out to be a bad terminator. THANKS PCI YOU ROCK! The team then grabbed some dinner and hit the rooms for a short nap before we had to leave for the race. Needless to say 4am came way to soon, we got to start and some last minute fiddling with the car and had an uneventful start. I ran out to pit one to wait while Matt and Mikey went to pit 2. When they came by in pit one they were looking good and in third place. It was about here we figured out we had no radio with the car...great we fixd the intercom issue but know the car couldnt talk to us, the bright spot was that they could here us so that helped.
Going through Pit 2 they were 11 min behind campbell who by the way ended up with a 30+ min lead in class and gave the 4454 a friendly love tap early in the race that sent the spare on the car off somewhere in the desert. THis resulted in some handling issues later in the race as the fuel load lightened up as well. So with the car in 3rd still I was waiting for them at 3 where they pulled in and asked if the left rear was flat and it was not (so I thought) I gave alook and sent them on their way. Due to pit location and lack of bodies I went striaght to pit 5 where we would fuel up the car. THis is when we figured out something was wrong. Shannon came through and many other ultra 4 cars and we had no idea where our car was. The only info I could get on the car was that it passed pit 4 and someone had seen them abt 10 miles out moving slow. While we tried to figure out what we could do of all things it started snowing on us sheesh! Well abt then here they come. We dumped 30 gal of fuel and rigged the spare back on the car only to find out that the left rear was way low on pressure we replaced. On a side note while we were were waiting the Torchmate TTB car came through in second place and man that car looks good but anyway so off they go where I go to pit 6 to give a thumbs up as they pass looking healthy. At some point after 5 the oil pressure light came on intermittently so they decided to cruise the car onto the finish. While they were not slow they were well off there ealier pace. I saw the car cross the highway on my way to the finish.
At finish I go there to see GUN-IT take the checker and later got a few min to check out the truck at the gas station. It is a great looking truck and I am looking forward to seeing it more.
The 4454 came into the finish just behind the gun-it team. With the driver and co-driver very tired. As disappointed as we were with where we finished getting the car to the finish line this time was a huge accomplishment. Thanks to everyone that pitched in along the way.

Dave congrats on your finish the truck looked good out there. I was hte guy talking with your team at the gas station in the white bronco...lol
Last edited by Polarcub on Tue May 03, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Silverslk wrote:Just got back an hour ago. We took 2nd in ProTruck....not too bad. Saw Dave's truck ahead of us a staging for start, what a beautiful truck!!

Great job you guys! Thanks again for the help out there I felt like we had never been racing before as out of sorts we were...not how I like to show up to a race.
Jeremy
navynuke
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies

Post by navynuke »

Glad you finished, I ended up leapfrogging from Pit1-2-3-4-6 with our two quads.

Norm finished 1st in Amateur Ironman quad #669, about 10 minutes before the first trophy truck.

Our other quad is either 2nd or 3rd in expert quad class, depending on some checking out of checkpoint times for quad 409, that may have ended up off coarse(made up 17 minutes between pit 2 and 3, went from 3rd to 1st and neither of the other 2 in the class remember getting passed.

On a side note I returned the tool bag and driveshaft to their correct owners that I found during the mint 400.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Congrats Ken the way things went for us I was totally in my own world haha I could have walked right by just about anyone and not noticed. I am excited about vegas to Reno and hope to be back with the team for that one!
Jeremy
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

WOW!! What a story Jeremy. I honestly thought you guys were just completely ill prepared. Sounds like just last minute fixes (thats racing, we got our truck back from Stuart racing on tuesday). Our brand new magnaflow muffler fell to pieces and the drivers thought the torque converter failed so we lost 25-30 minutes with that crap but the Statts guys are class act and helped us out at pit 4.

Next time get the truck up and through tech then deal with fixing it more. :D Glad I could help out. My wife and another girl from the team were waiting in the Bronco to go to Fremont street so I heard it all night. :o and to top things off our team owners truck crapped out at Yermo ag check and I had to pull him AND the race trailer off the road with my poor bronco (time for gears).
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Prerunbronc
Bronco Info: 95 bronco 5.8 coilovers, deavers, 2.5 fox, full glass, air bumps, 9" rearend

Post by Prerunbronc »

Our car ran a flawless race only stoping for fuel and driver change. i got in at pit 4.
It was nice meeting you polarcub @ pit 1
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:WOW!! What a story Jeremy. I honestly thought you guys were just completely ill prepared. Sounds like just last minute fixes (thats racing, we got our truck back from Stuart racing on tuesday). Our brand new magnaflow muffler fell to pieces and the drivers thought the torque converter failed so we lost 25-30 minutes with that crap but the Statts guys are class act and helped us out at pit 4.

Next time get the truck up and through tech then deal with fixing it more. :D Glad I could help out. My wife and another girl from the team were waiting in the Bronco to go to Fremont street so I heard it all night. :o and to top things off our team owners truck crapped out at Yermo ag check and I had to pull him AND the race trailer off the road with my poor bronco (time for gears).

Damn Andy, sounds like you worked the bronco out.

Ok, so seriously, nobody has any pictures????
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Polarcub wrote:

Andy I cant tell you how much help you were THANK YOU! What a weekend.

So here is the short story for the 4454. As most of you know it was wadded up about 3 weeks ago out in lucerne as the result of a 70 mph 3.5 twist endo Ouch. The resulting damage included the whole front end was replaced. Desert concepts got the car back Monday last week wich only left 3 days to put it all back together. I arrived at the shop wensday afternoon to help and the car was still pretty much a skeleton. We were waiting on parts to arrive like the 3rd member which we didnt get until thursday afternoon! So wensday we worked until about 2am and thursday we started at 9 and finished Fri at noon! With the entire team just beat down we got on the road just before 2pm EEK! My brother got to tech before we did abt 530ish and was able to let them know we were arriving very soon. The begrudgingly said they would wait. We arrived at tech about 5min til 6 they shut down at 6pm. Got the car through contingency and in tech and low and behold the blue light was deaed arrg. So Matt and Andy worked on that while I got the tracker box and Mike got the transponder. Being my first time with all of this I was not in the know on the extras. By the time I got back to the car Matt and Andy had gotten the Blue light fixed and we were good to go. We stopped at the PCI trailer to get some help with the GPS as it was acting wonky and it turned out to be a bad terminator. THANKS PCI YOU ROCK! The team then grabbed some dinner and hit the rooms for a short nap before we had to leave for the race. Needless to say 4am came way to soon, we got to start and some last minute fiddling with the car and had an uneventful start. I ran out to pit one to wait while Matt and Mikey went to pit 2. When they came by in pit one they were looking good and in third place. It was about here we figured out we had no radio with the car...great we fixd the intercom issue but know the car couldnt talk to us, the bright spot was that they could here us so that helped.
Going through Pit 2 they were 11 min behind campbell who by the way ended up with a 30+ min lead in class and gave the 4454 a friendly love tap early in the race that sent the spare on the car off somewhere in the desert. THis resulted in some handling issues later in the race as the fuel load lightened up as well. So with the car in 3rd still I was waiting for them at 3 where they pulled in and asked if the left rear was flat and it was not (so I thought) I gave alook and sent them on their way. Due to pit location and lack of bodies I went striaght to pit 5 where we would fuel up the car. THis is when we figured out something was wrong. Shannon came through and many other ultra 4 cars and we had no idea where our car was. The only info I could get on the car was that it passed pit 4 and someone had seen them abt 10 miles out moving slow. While we tried to figure out what we could do of all things it started snowing on us sheesh! Well abt then here they come. WE dumped 30 gal of fuel and rigged the spare back on the car only to find out that the left rear was way low on pressure we replaced it to find that the the beadlock was leaking so we got it tightened and filled up. THe car had experienced fuel delivery issues that indicated the fuel filter was clogged. So we replaced that as a side note we forgot to put the spare filter in the car which would have given us a much different finish.
While we were waiting the Torchmate TTB car came through in second place and man that car looks good but anyway so off they go where I go to pit 6 to give a thumbs up as they pass looking healthy. At some point after 5 the oil pressure light came on intermittently so they decided to cruise the car onto the finish. WHile they were not slow they were well off there ealier pace. I saw the car cross the highway on my way to the finish.
At finish I go there to see GUN-IT take the checker and later got a few min to check out the truck at the gas station. It is a great looking truck and I am looking forward to seeing it more.
THe 4454 came into the finish just behind the gun-it team. With the driver and co-driver very tired. As disappointed as we were with where we finished getting the car to the finish line this time was a huge accomplishment. Thanks to everyone that pitched in along the way.

Dave congrats on your finish the truck looked good out there. I was hte guy talking with your team at the gas station in the white bronco...lol

Damn Jer, sounds like a lot of wrenching on that thing to get there, so the finish alone must have been sweet!