SS300

yogib

Re: SS300

Post by yogib »

Silverslk wrote:Just got back an hour ago. We took 2nd in ProTruck....not too bad. Saw Dave's truck ahead of us a staging for start, what a beautiful truck!!

Also got to help with Jeremy's 4400 (4454?) truck as they arrived in tech (late). haha Nice to see you again Jeremy.
Wish you guys would have gotten first being as we didnt.Statts winning 2 in a row has hurt us.Troy was making good time and was in first for 100 or so miles.We had a good pit at Caliente.changed a tire,pulled a filter wrap,and fueled pretty darn fast.Statts caught us and passed us for a splash and go, but we were fast enough to get troy back out to beat him out of the pit.BUT Troy got stuck in a wash that had dust to his knees.There was a buggy stuck further into it and troy didnt see it in time to reroute.Thats when Staats and Justin got by.Darn :( Same story as Parker, Darn class 1 buggys getting stuck and messing us up.Justin had about 4 minutes on Troy and he made up 3 of those but just couldnt catch him in time due to a class 7 unlimited,s dust and not enough miles.We needed a higher gear ratio like the Statts cause we couldnt match them for top speed.That kinda hurt us 2.
yogib

Post by yogib »

Saw Daves Bronco.We parked by you in the Gravel lot at contingency. I took a quick look at it.But we were kinda busy getting fuel etc. And I didnt get there till around noon from the Airport. Bummer.I always like to walk around and look at the stuff in contingency.But couldnt this time.Hope to see you guys at Vegas to Reno.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

yogib wrote:
Silverslk wrote:Just got back an hour ago. We took 2nd in ProTruck....not too bad. Saw Dave's truck ahead of us a staging for start, what a beautiful truck!!

Also got to help with Jeremy's 4400 (4454?) truck as they arrived in tech (late). haha Nice to see you again Jeremy.
Wish you guys would have gotten first being as we didnt.Statts winning 2 in a row has hurt us.Troy was making good time and was in first for 100 or so miles.We had a good pit at Caliente.changed a tire,pulled a filter wrap,and fueled pretty darn fast.Statts caught us and passed us for a splash and go, but we were fast enough to get troy back out to beat him out of the pit.BUT Troy got stuck in a wash that had dust to his knees.There was a buggy stuck further into it and troy didnt see it in time to reroute.Thats when Staats and Justin got by.Darn :( Same story as Parker, Darn class 1 buggys getting stuck and messing us up.Justin had about 4 minutes on Troy and he made up 3 of those but just couldnt catch him in time due to a class 7 unlimited,s dust and not enough miles.We needed a higher gear ratio like the Statts cause we couldnt match them for top speed.That kinda hurt us 2.
You must be talking about closing in on Justin before pit 6? He got stuck behind the Riot Racing TT (for 20 miles) and they were going just fast enough to slow them down. I guess they lost their brakes but there just wasn't room to get by.

What was your top speed? What gear you running? We don't have any secret...we run 5.0's and topped out at 113 Statts GPS said 114mph top speed. You guys cleared yours....... :roll: ;)
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Prerunbronc wrote:Our car ran a flawless race only stoping for fuel and driver change. i got in at pit 4.
It was nice meeting you polarcub @ pit 1
Great meeting you Glad you had a good race! I cant wait till V2R
Jeremy
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Damn Jer, sounds like a lot of wrenching on that thing to get there, so the finish alone must have been sweet!
Yes there was, honestly if it would have been my call I think I would have pulled the plug on the race Thursday night. I was very proud that the car had no mechanical issues per say. I have a few pics from my cell I will try to post tonight.
Last edited by Polarcub on Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
yogib

Post by yogib »

Silverslk wrote:
yogib wrote:

You must be talking about closing in on Justin before pit 6? He got stuck behind the Riot Racing TT (for 20 miles) and they were going just fast enough to slow them down. I guess they lost their brakes but there just wasn't room to get by.

What was your top speed? What gear you running? We don't have any secret...we run 5.0's and topped out at 113 Statts GPS said 114mph top speed. You guys cleared yours....... :roll: ;)
Our top speed was like a measley 104 with a 5.38 gear.We didnt have time to switch to higher gears.Plus the truck wouldnt have pulled them well.Troy had some guy who was suppose to be good at building custom headers ,built him some larger tube headers.They SUCKED! It was down on power quite a bit and he was very unhappy with the guys work.We dont have anyone good up in Oregon for building One-off (OFF_ROAD) headers up here.There all Pavement pounders (Drag racers).Probably cleared it (GPS) in shame lol.Did you see Troys rear bumper.Wow that 7 unlimited hit him at about 90 miles an hour.Troy said he should have been going faster but Wow.Jacked it up.
yogib

Post by yogib »

I was at I believe pit 6 (right by the road going back to Alamo) When the Camburg truck came in.Sounded Like they were having injector issues.Also saw Riot come in.That was embarrasing.I wouldnt have been wanting to be the jack man.He was using what looked like a Harbor freight cheesy jack. jacked it up and it slipped off the A-arm.Then it wouldnt go up cause he didnt have the handle tight.It took him what seemed like forever to get it off the ground. :roll: I think you guys can afford a GOOD jack lol.
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

yogib wrote:
Silverslk wrote:
yogib wrote: Wish you guys would have gotten first being as we didnt.Statts winning 2 in a row has hurt us.Troy was making good time and was in first for 100 or so miles.We had a good pit at Caliente.changed a tire,pulled a filter wrap,and fueled pretty darn fast.Statts caught us and passed us for a splash and go, but we were fast enough to get troy back out to beat him out of the pit.BUT Troy got stuck in a wash that had dust to his knees.There was a buggy stuck further into it and troy didnt see it in time to reroute.Thats when Staats and Justin got by.Darn :( Same story as Parker, Darn class 1 buggys getting stuck and messing us up.Justin had about 4 minutes on Troy and he made up 3 of those but just couldnt catch him in time due to a class 7 unlimited,s dust and not enough miles.We needed a higher gear ratio like the Statts cause we couldnt match them for top speed.That kinda hurt us 2.

Our top speed was like a measley 104 with a 5.38 gear.We didnt have time to switch to higher gears.Plus the truck wouldnt have pulled them well.Troy had some guy who was suppose to be good at building custom headers ,built him some larger tube headers.They SUCKED! It was down on power quite a bit and he was very unhappy with the guys work.We dont have anyone good up in Oregon for building One-off (OFF_ROAD) headers up here.There all Pavement pounders (Drag racers).Probably cleared it (GPS) in shame lol.Did you see Troys rear bumper.Wow that 7 unlimited hit him at about 90 miles an hour.Troy said he should have been going faster but Wow.Jacked it up.
No, I didn't see the bumper. Those 7 unlimited truck are bad ass!!! I never noticed them before but now they have my attention. One guy had a Roush/yates ford v6 in his......thats a lot of power out of "just a v6" haha

Did you see our muffler?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
yogib

Post by yogib »

Ya I saw the featured class 7 unlimited in Dirt sports of Caspiano,s with the 5.1 liter 550 plus horse V-6. I didnt see Justins muffler but heard about it. He put some larger ones on to cut some noise I heard.Ya those trucks are so Loud it makes it hard to think lol.
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

yogib wrote:Ya I saw the featured class 7 unlimited in Dirt sports of Caspiano,s with the 5.1 liter 550 plus horse V-6. I didnt see Justins muffler but heard about it. He put some larger ones on to cut some noise I heard.Ya those trucks are so Loud it makes it hard to think lol.
Were you with Troy at time trials thursday? He and a few guys stopped by and talked with Justin and Rich. I was standing there in a BajaHID.com shirt. :D
yogib

Post by yogib »

Silverslk wrote:
yogib wrote:Ya I saw the featured class 7 unlimited in Dirt sports of Caspiano,s with the 5.1 liter 550 plus horse V-6. I didnt see Justins muffler but heard about it. He put some larger ones on to cut some noise I heard.Ya those trucks are so Loud it makes it hard to think lol.
Were you with Troy at time trials thursday? He and a few guys stopped by and talked with Justin and Rich. I was standing there in a BajaHID.com shirt. :D
No I wish.I flew in around noon Friday.No that was Robert his head mechanic and dusty a young kid.