2011 Mint 400 Stories

Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

2011 Mint 400 Stories

Post by Broncodawg »

First Mint I've missed since it came back, so followed the Liveondirt streaming video and audio today and was very cool even if pretty unpolished. haha! They had Weatherman in the background too and it was more interesting sometimes.

Late in the race Wman was calling out for Philofab as a team was waiting for him to deliver some tires to them on course. Philo didn't come back to him, so hope it worked out. Bet you have some good recovery stories Philo!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: 2011 Mint 400 Stories

Post by philofab »

I waited for them so I could deliver the tires... They flaked. I helped TT66 repair a hub and flipped #8000 four miles after he started the race. I'll post pics once I'm home.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

liveondirt had a really raunchy Howard Stern episode in the background for a good 20 minutes just after the start. How or why, nobody knows, but it was still entertaining to watch on and off all day. They battled technical issues with their equipment all day long. Most of the time you could barely hear George, and then all of a sudden he would come across like the voice of God, with a loud, booming echo!
navynuke
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies

Post by navynuke »

I had a great time out there pulling everyone out. Too bad the next race is the weekend i graduate from college
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
navynuke
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies

Post by navynuke »

Got some pics earlier in the day, later I was too busy to get much in the way of pics

series through the whoops about mile 47

and another car

I have more shots, but busy playing catchup with school and cleaning, inlaws coming to visit for the first time this weekend.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage