Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: 1st annual gfb huckfest

Post by Nick »

Fail! :lol:
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

not WINNING!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Here's how my Huckfest went: Vroom, vroom, bump, bump, bump, vroom, bump, vroom, vroom, vroom, VROOM, plghhhhhhh!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Haha! I got to Steve's around 2 on Friday and hung out with him and his family for a while. We talked about how Nick would have just been an outcast if he came, so it was better that he stayed home...yeah right. Around 4 or so we headed out to the beach to set up camp for the night...

You know, I just don't feel like too much story telling, so here's some pictures.

5 minutes before catastrophic failure. Shock tuning was going well too. Dernit! Anyway, lost all forward gears and got to drive in reverse all the way back to camp. Now I can do that exorcist thing with my neck.

Didn't think too much about pictures later on, but got a few of Huckmaster Rick this morning.

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

I wanna say thanks to Steve for hauling me around and letting me use his Bronco after mine broke and giving it a place to hang out until I can get it home. And Rick for putting my junk on his trailer and dragging it to Steve's shop. And Philo for giving his best to figure out what happened and trying to fix it. And Don for laying his coat in the mud puddle so I didn't get my feet wet. And to everyone else who helped out. Great group of guys and I truly appreciate your help and encouragement!

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Oh! The high light of my weekend was the cops pulling me over for going too fast on the beach...in reverse. Hahahaha!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Good times as always. I was bummed I didn't have the Bronco ready to play, but there was good people and good food, so good times followed. I promise to have the Bronco usable by next time. If I don't sell it first!

Undisputed.
Attachments
El Rey 03-11.jpg
El Rey 03-11.jpg (72.31 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Attachments
El Rey 03-11(2).jpg
El Rey 03-11(2).jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 2036 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Looks like Rick was pulling wheelies all day!!
Brad12
Bronco Info: STOLEN 1994 XLT, 6 in. Superlift, ext. RAs, 35X12.5 R15, TTB, 8.8, 351, 3.55, K&N

Post by Brad12 »

I know I said I was gonna make it back out there this morning, but with the rain and all I just decided to stay home to get some stuff done. It was really nice meeting/seeing everybody that showed up though. Hopefully your transmission issue turns out to be something fairly simple/easy/cheap to fix Brian, because I think I speak for everybody when I say that I was really excited to see all your hard work in action!
Bronco was stolen in Berkeley, CA in 2014

I'm very slowly making my bronco go fast!
USA
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

IT was good to meet you, Brad. We missed you at breakfast. The weather was actually pretty nice in the morning. I think we cut out just before noon because it started to sprinkle. It was also good to see Andy and the tour van out there. I'm looking forward to seeing that thing compete for the crown!

I just figured out who young209 is... What's up CT!? Your pictures no worky! We need the "that guy is a bad mother...." video.

Camp.
Attachments
march-2011-gfb-pismo.jpg
march-2011-gfb-pismo.jpg (15.81 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

yikes wrote:Oh! The high light of my weekend was the cops pulling me over for going too fast on the beach...in reverse. Hahahaha!
You should have kept your "tranny" working :D :D
Last edited by AussieRod on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Rick,
Congrats on retaining the crown for yet another year! Well done Amigo! 8-)
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Yet again, it looks like much fun was had by those stout hearted that decided to show up... sorry I missed it all.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Well guys its sure not how I wanted to win the crown but it sure was a fun weekend. I have to give Brian big props for making a valent effort to compete for the crown while driving in reverse and belive it or not he did manage to get some air on one attempt to take second place.

I am so bummed for Brian. I know how hard he worked on his truck to get it ready. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him that the transmission will be an easy fix.

It was good seeing the die hard GFB members that showed up and as always the breakfast was top notch. Saturdays weather was epic. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Sunday started out good but the light drizzle started around check out time so it did speed up the exodus a bit.

I am pleased that my Bronco suffered no damage on this trip. :D
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I need help with these dang pictures!!!

Hey Steve I just realized I still have your trailer keys. :oops: can you text me an address to mail them to you. Sorry brother.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Nick wrote:Fail! :lol:
Yes you did by not showing up. You should be stripped of your title as founder and banished back to the land of FSB until you can prove you have learned your lesson and promise to never ever let it happen again. :lol: Oh and Ollie too.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

flyinbronco wrote:
Nick wrote:Fail! :lol:
Yes you did by not showing up. You should be stripped of your title as founder and banished back to the land of FSB until you can prove you have learned your lesson and promise to never ever let it happen again. :lol: Oh and Ollie too.
Harsh!