baja 1000 2010

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: baja 1000 2010

Post by yikes »

Man! That write-up makes me even more envious Rick! Wish I could have been there to see it. You were pumping Don up too, weren't you? "COME ON DON! GET'M! GET'M! FASTER MAN! PUSH THAT SKINNY PEDAL! YEAH YEAH!" Woohooo!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Here's our boys. Even has a picture of the Kia near the end.

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

B-Fast at Petes Camp:

Artsy Fartsy thanks to Andy!
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

billy1911 wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:Crossing at RM 77 pit
I honked at you guys right at that spot I was in a white chevy 1500

I saw you at the last second Will but had to run, duty called. I hope you had as much fun as I did.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

What a GREAT time!!!! It's amazing how you can go to bed late and get up early so many days with no problems but the second you get back home you feel it. haha I have been laying around all day and not posting.

I just want to thank Tony, Steve, Vic, Chris and the group. My mom had the BEST time ever and she talks about how nice you guys were "to the old lady". I won't forget how happy and comfortable you guys made her. After all she "heard" about Mexico she got to find out its not all death and drug lords. haha We enjoyed sitting around and doing nothing friday when you guys left and saturdays drive to Ensenada and La Bufadora was nice (even if it was raining). We ate tacos at Las Chispas and did some shopping at Soriana Market picking up stuff you don't seein the states. Can't wait for next year already!!!!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Here's another vid that got all three threes. Gotta admit, Gun-it was looking good climbing that hill.

Last edited by yikes on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Gun-it was hauling butt up that hill!

Silverslk, Taking Mom to the 1000... too freakin' cool!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

SteveG wrote:Gun-it was hauling butt up that hill!

Brought his wife too... they are awesome!
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

SteveG wrote:Gun-it was hauling butt up that hill!

Well, my dad passed in May. This was her first trip further in Mexico than San Luis (they lived near Parker, AZ through my high school days). She loved camping on the beach at Petes Camp and drinking Pina Colada's on the beach with my wife. My mom took pics of the TT's racing past, went with us bouncing around the desert looking for a place to pit the night before and everything. GREAT WEEKEND.
Attachments
IMG_20101119_113417.jpg
IMG_20101119_113417.jpg (51.15 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Low Tide
Low Tide
low tide.JPG (55.87 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

couple more
Attachments
Prince Shiney and the Princess!!
Prince Shiney and the Princess!!
IMG_20101117_105715.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
my truck on the beach
my truck on the beach
on beach.JPG (77.31 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Mexican McDonalds Breakfast
Mexican McDonalds Breakfast
IMG_0830.JPG (77.78 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

You guys have a long drive back towing the jeep? We passed you on the 5 on Friday as we were heading home.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Wandered over to the Moss Brothers camp thursday night. It was good to put faces to the names and check out everyones ride in person. We ended up finding a small shop in town that took care of our F350 alternator right on the spot! 110 bucks for a rebuild. Even Ford in town said it would take them a couple days to get one from San Deigo.

We ended up putting a rod through the block 456 miles in and catching fire. No one got hurt but our race ended there.
yogib

Post by yogib »

What a bummer for the Kia guys.Sounds like they made it all the way to the 990 mile marker or so and the Motor just gave up.No go no more.Our team with the Pro-truck finished 3rd out of 4 but for sure had some issues.Had pit crew not able to make it to some of the planned fueling spots.Had to bum some gas and get some at Pemex station.Alternator issues.Turned out it was the plug on the alternator had a short or break.sucked a air filter which clogged the carb.Lots of WD and 1 junked starter to get it going again.replace starter.Looked like Troy ended up finishing about the same time as the Moss boys.Troy had gotten all the way up to second in class and nerfed 1st and wanted to pass but they picked up the pace and didnt let him around.But then the electrical issuse and fueling issues happened.But all in all a good finish for a first time effort.Im sure that 40 hr. non stop drive home to oregon from La Paz was no fun at all though.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Wandered over to the Moss Brothers camp thursday night. It was good to put faces to the names and check out everyones ride in person. We ended up finding a small shop in town that took care of our F350 alternator right on the spot! 110 bucks for a rebuild. Even Ford in town said it would take them a couple days to get one from San Deigo.

We ended up putting a rod through the block 456 miles in and catching fire. No one got hurt but our race ended there.
Great news on the Alternator... we wondered what the end solution was... bad news on the race... sorry to hear about the engine/fire... bummer. But, that's racing! Great to meet you!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Anybody heard from Gunit? I'd love to hear his race stories and adventures.
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

BajaF250 wrote:Anybody heard from Gunit? I'd love to hear his race stories and adventures.
Heard of some of their adventures from one of his drivers on another list. Broke a front axle, I believe, early on and wheel bearing problems eventually took them out of the race.

Todd Z.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

toddz69 wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:Anybody heard from Gunit? I'd love to hear his race stories and adventures.
Heard of some of their adventures from one of his drivers on another list. Broke a front axle, I believe, early on and wheel bearing problems eventually took them out of the race.

Todd Z.

It didnt take them out of the race...... they finished!
yogib

Post by yogib »

BajaF250 wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Wandered over to the Moss Brothers camp thursday night. It was good to put faces to the names and check out everyones ride in person. We ended up finding a small shop in town that took care of our F350 alternator right on the spot! 110 bucks for a rebuild. Even Ford in town said it would take them a couple days to get one from San Deigo.

Great news on the Alternator... we wondered what the end solution was... bad news on the race... sorry to hear about the engine/fire... bummer. But, that's racing! Great to meet you!
Hey nice to meet you too.Ya Hopefully John (Mracer) will log on and tell us about the KIA experience.He was to have drove it part of the race.Troy in the Pro-truck hit another race car/buggy in a silt bed pretty hard.Ended up blowing out a shock seal due to it.He said he couldnt even see the end of the hood and was just following the GPS and BAM!!there the car was stuck in the course.I think he might have hit a quad to that was stuck in the silt.Luckily the rider was off it.He said the Locals set up a booby trap/jump that launched him way in the air and the truck totally bottomed out on landing.And he said one other time he got huge air on a drop down draw.The truck looks pretty rough and im going to have to fix alot of fender mounts darnit.
yogib

Post by yogib »

tcm glx wrote:
toddz69 wrote:

Todd Z.

It didnt take them out of the race...... they finished!
It only shows the Moss boys as finishing class 3 on Scores website.At least within alotted time. Bummer.It looked like a pretty good battle watching it on Tracking internationals website between the Mosses and Gunit,s crew.The Mitsubishi must have run a different class? I would have thought it would have been in class 3 too.I saw a glimpse of it on the above video.