2010 More Powder Puff

Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

2010 More Powder Puff

Post by Polarcub »

Well as always it was a great Turnout Saturday for the race and the ladies were out in force. I didn't get much in the way of pics though. I was out doing chase and Pit support for the 4454 Ultra 4 car. We arrived sat morning about 8am to weather that was just cool enough for a sweatshirt. Bryan and Dave were tying up a few loose ends on the car nothing major just odds and ends. I jumped in to lend my exquisite Zip tie skills into action :lol:
The car was buttoned up and ready to go for a Noon start. The limited classes were already running so I took the opportunity to run out to MM16 where my brother was standing by for the TUT Tech car. Hung out with him for a bit and then made our way back into main. The cruise down back sure seemed to take longer than usual making sure I was adhering to the 35MPH speed limits. BLM Rangers and sheriffs were out in good numbers. I saw them ticket a quad for no helmets and double riding 8-)
Once I got back to main it was decided that I would set up at MM16 the mid point and be there to give the girls a hand if they needed it. So off again we went. About halfway there I come up on a Ford Lightning that was creeping along, I didnt think much about it as they pulled to the side to let us pass and I waved a thank you as we went by on the left...My wife then tells me that they were wanting me to stop and I was like no I waved to them and they were just returning the wave. So then my phone rings and some guy is asking why I roosted his lightning...... :lol: It was Philo. We talked for a few and he thought he was going same place I was...apparently not haha...In my single minded manner I forgot to give him a call back sorry :oops:
So we get out to the spot about 15 min before the first cars/Trucks came through. The McMilians were out in their orange truck and hauling the mail
It was pretty funny because their first time through the crossing they didnt check up at all...the new rules require racers to slow as they come into the crossing and through it (35MPH) She hit it at about 70 or so slammig the brakes at the last minute. One thing we have noticed with the new rules at the road crossings is that traffic tends to bunch up a bit more. This makes for some interesting situations with passing opportunities
The day for the 4454 car went well the girls ended up in 2nd in class they ran the V-8 Sportsman. First lap was a bit stressful as radio coverage was not real good at 16 and in Main they thought they had heard the girls say that they were done..after several cell conversations the girls came through the crossing looking good. On lap 3 though we had to check the car over as the motor was dying as if running out of fuel and a fuel pump kept shutting down on them. My brother and I looked the car over with no obvious indications of why they were having this problem
. We believe that the wiring to the pumps is becoming heat soaked and causing a huge increase in amperage draw by the pumps we will see though. The girls were able to keep the car going on a singe fuel pump just having to stay light on the throttle.
By the end of the day the car blew an axle seal and revealed the fuel pump issue but that was it. 4454 is off to Bluewater Next weekend and then the mil. Congratulations again go out to the ladies and the Desert Concepts Team!
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: 2010 More Powder Puff

Post by philofab »

I though I was going to MM16, but I looked again and it was MM11 or so that I was going to. The Bronco was looking good Jeremy! We put 30 miles on the Lightning in Barstow. It's getting lifted once we get a hold of a set of 35x17 tires at a LOORS race. I have a stack of parts for it.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Re: 2010 More Powder Puff

Post by Polarcub »

The lightning looked good Philo, it will be nice seeing it decked out. Good to talk to you sorry again I was a bit distracted we ended up relatively busy out there.
Jeremy