Night racing in Baja

retroblazer

Night racing in Baja

Post by retroblazer »

http://youtu.be/9fLWOQG24ww

I thought my Bronco buddies would like to see what it's like to ride in a Blazer for a few minutes, 33. The setting, 2007 Baja 1000, the road to Mike's Sky Rancho. We spit a front drive shaft, just after making the last right hand turn before going up the long graded road leaving Ensenada. Everything that starts after Class 3 passed by, while my newbie, first time co-driver, 17 year old son Pete, swapped in a spare. We had one more delay when a flat took out the brake line. This is the long explanation of why we are passing a couple of flashing blue lighted UTV's in this video.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Night racing in Baja

Post by SteveG »

I like! How long were you held up in the traffic jam?
retroblazer

Re: Night racing in Baja

Post by retroblazer »

It wasn't too bad, maybe ten to fifteen minutes, although the usual, it seemed like it was forever. We were willing to drag someone up with us if it got us moving things along faster, but it wasn't needed. That next climb would have been a bitch in 2wd, because it was hard to get momentum with a sharp left turn to start.