Nothing special class3 pics

ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Nothing special class3 pics

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

More pics of the "quick and dirty" build. Which has been less quick and more dirty! Haha! Alot of little things going on right now that make boring pictures. Buttoned up the motor, I'll wait to get it in the truck to make the headers. Also got my rallye 4000's in and built the upper light bar and ordered a linear actuator for it. It will hold 5 lights but is narrow to fit between the down bars. I got the tranny mount in the truck, and have been working on actually mounting fiberglass.
Attachments
motor1.jpg
motor1.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 11350 times
lightbar2.jpg
lightbar2.jpg (151.17 KiB) Viewed 11350 times
lightbar1.jpg
lightbar1.jpg (122.92 KiB) Viewed 11350 times
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Nothing special class3 pics

Post by Nick »

C'mon Eric, give us some pics of those sweet radius arms!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

more pictures!!!!!
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I'll work on more pics this weekend!
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

We'll....

It has been awhile but I finally have a little progress to post up! We lost our old race shop to a divorce, so currently my bronco is in my 2 car garage at home! (We are in the process of renting a new space)

I have been working on alot of little things, buttoning up the motor, fuel cell mounts, buying guages, trussing the front beam... I have a beat up old top on it for now but hope to replace it with an aluminum one this winter. I will try and post progress pics as I go. Mounting all the body panels is the next big milestone!
Attachments
bronco home.jpg
bronco home.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 11025 times
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:We lost our old race shop to a divorce, so currently my bronco is in my 2 car garage at home!
That's a tight squeeze. I have to let air out of the rear tires to get my Bronco in the garage and I only have 33's.

You're making an aluminum top for it?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Yeah, it won't go in the garage on the 35's! It spends it's time in there on jackstands. I had to get a remote car starter for my girlfriend so I could have the whole garage all winter!

Yes, I will be making an aluminum top for it this winter. Right now it is still being build for class 3, so the top will just be for looks and not securing/weather proofing.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

A few years ago someone was trying to give me the mold that Dave Ashley used for the race Bronco. It was just was you need... a top for looks and not structure.

EDITED: Forgot some words....
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Yeah, it won't go in the garage on the 35's! It spends it's time in there on jackstands. I had to get a remote car starter for my girlfriend so I could have the whole garage all winter!

Yes, I will be making an aluminum top for it this winter. Right now it is still being build for class 3, so the top will just be for looks and not securing/weather proofing.
What timing. I was just going to ask if you have any updates Eric. I dig the fact that you are going to keep the bronco looking like a bronco with the hard top. Aluminum top sounds like an awesome way to drop weight, keep the look and also help keep the sun off your backs during a race.

Last year someone had the molds for a team that was running very thin bronco hard tops. I can't remember the name of the old race team. Not sure if they ever sold them or what became of them.

Anyway, keep the pics coming.

Chris
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Maybe 300 knows. The tops are the same from 78 to 96 with exception of the CMHSL and belt attachments. 92+ tops have an extra alignment dowel too.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Last year someone had the molds for a team that was running very thin bronco hard tops. I can't remember the name of the old race team. Not sure if they ever sold them or what became of them.
That's probably the same mold my friend was trying to give me. I can't imagine there are a lot of those rolling around. I called John at Autofab to see if he wanted it but he was hesitant as the market for a thin Bronco top is pretty... thin. And, you have to store the huge mold!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I believe dimensionally 78-96 tops are basically the same but 78-79 has slightly different back edge and glass. I thought about a fiberglass top but like mentioned, I don't want to store a mold! Ha! Aluminum should be ok. Aluminum will be easier for me to work with as well! The plan is for the lightbar to fold back into the top and disappear when not in use.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Why couldn't you gut a regular top? Most of the weight is the glass and rear steel pillar.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

philofab wrote:Why couldn't you gut a regular top? Most of the weight is the glass and rear steel pillar.
Honestly, I could. I am doing it because I think it will be unique and set it apart from other class 3's.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
philofab wrote:Why couldn't you gut a regular top? Most of the weight is the glass and rear steel pillar.
Honestly, I could. I am doing it because I think it will be unique and set it apart from other class 3's.
Polish that top and it'll be your secret weapon on sunny race day. The glare will have all other racers staying back while you take the lead, lol. All goofing a side I'm glad you are running a top. It will be a unique C3.

Chris
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Little bit more progress..

I got the dirty old KMC's pulled out of the wheels to get cleaned and powdercoated. I got my front fender mounts cut out and bent, i also got a little more work done on the fuel cell mounts. I spent most of the night getting the top lined up and fabbing my supports for the top and bedsides. I hope to have some more progress pics this weekend...
Attachments
Cell mount
Cell mount
PA280548.JPG (115.62 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
Before
Before
PA280544.JPG (78.81 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
Fiberglass mount, it will have bolt on tabs.
Fiberglass mount, it will have bolt on tabs.
PA280549.JPG (71.8 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
Top support and bedside mount.
Top support and bedside mount.
PA280533.JPG (95.25 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Ready for the 1000?! Haha! Did you make extra sets of those front fender mounts? Hint hint.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

We are now shooting for the 250! HA!

All it takes is the push of a couple buttons to make another set! Let me know if you want some!

Also, you always liked the concept radius arms I drew. The real thing didn't turn out AS cool but they still look good enough for this truck and should be plenty strong.
Attachments
Radius arms.
Radius arms.
PA280540.JPG (115.96 KiB) Viewed 10865 times
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

For whatever reason I was under the impression that longer radius arms are a no - no. I just read the entire SCORE rule book for general and Class 3 and figured out that it isn't. That means I need to make the cage in my Bronco legal and add a cell.... hmmmmm.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

It only has to maintain stock concept.

"Number of shock absorbers and mounting methods are optional. Mounting points may be redesigned, strengthened and modified. Remote shocks are allowed."

Whoops, misread your post the first time! Do it, the more class 3's the better!