Dent Side Racing TORC team. *Hillbilly fun & some work*

Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Re: FTR TORC team.

Post by Joxracing »

Cage is coming together nicely on the stock truck, should be all welded up by this weekend.
Still have roof, door bars and a few other here and there.

Power washed and mounted the radiator in the rear on the bronco. The rad will have dual Taurus fans running over it.

We have about 73 days left...
Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

A few more little bar's in between the door bars, and we're mostly done with the cage. Should be fully welded up by monday.

Highschool kid built cage, flame away...
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

Cage is fully welded on the stock truck, Roller Windsor dropped in along with the C4 in the formula bronco.

Windsor with custom tubular motor mounts:
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

Full floating chromoly 9" for the stock truck? Maybe possibly...

johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

Looks good. What races are you running, both the Michigan races?
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

johncharlesb wrote:Looks good. What races are you running, both the Michigan races?
Bark River for sure, Red Bud, no.

Pretty much the whole MORR schedule without Red Bud
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

Frame's now undercoated. This is how the truck sat about a week ago. 2 months till Crandon. Woo.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looks good, but what is the reason for the rectangular tubing/base on the frame. Is this something required by the CORR rules or something?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Not in the rules. My guess is it was an easy playform to attach to the frame and land tubing on.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That just puts the bending moment for the cage structure in the large span on the rect. tube between where the cage tube lands on it and where it bridges over the frame.

*edit* just looked closer & saw the down tubes to the frame at a diagonal. These will help for sure. But IF rolled the thing will want to bend the rect. tube between where these hit & the down tubes of the cage hit. It breaks up the load path from the tube down to the frame. Hopefully that is at least .125" wall rect. tubing.
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:That just puts the bending moment for the cage structure in the large span on the rect. tube between where the cage tube lands on it and where it bridges over the frame.

*edit* just looked closer & saw the down tubes to the frame at a diagonal. These will help for sure. But IF rolled the thing will want to bend the rect. tube between where these hit & the down tubes of the cage hit. It breaks up the load path from the tube down to the frame. Hopefully that is at least .125" wall rect. tubing.
Yes, DOM down tubes to the frame, and the square tubing is 1/4" thick. I'll be surprised if thats the weak spot on the cage.
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Looks good, but what is the reason for the rectangular tubing/base on the frame. Is this something required by the CORR rules or something?
Thanks!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

You should be more than fine at .250". It was just a design I hadn't really seen anyone do before so I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind it.
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:You should be more than fine at .250". It was just a design I hadn't really seen anyone do before so I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind it.

Midwest thing.

Scored some gears, shocks, and other things for the Stock Truck at the MORR swap meet. Formula 4 scored some beadlocks, and more misc. stuff.

It was good to meet Erik (ESHALLBETTER) at the swap meet, along with the U-Weld crew, and the original builder of the bronco.

Got the motor in the stock truck, along with completely rebuilding a coil bucket.

Re-inforced crossmember

ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

It was good to meet you all as well! Good luck as the build progresses and ill get you some prices on the parts you need!
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:It was good to meet you all as well! Good luck as the build progresses and ill get you some prices on the parts you need!

Sounds good! Just PM me.

Thinking of front suspension set up along these lines, what do you think?

Crappy pic of Trev's coil bucket surgery. Tubes will come off the engine cage to the top of the bucket, but making the bucket look stock was the trick. Still needs to be welded on the inside. Took him about 6hrs. I think he pulled 'er off.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Are you allowed to cut up the stock bucket in your class? If so I'd cut & plate the stock bucket to move the shock up closer to the coil.
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Are you allowed to cut up the stock bucket in your class? If so I'd cut & plate the stock bucket to move the shock up closer to the coil.

We cannot cut it up, but we could move the shock closer.

Crazy idea, but that shock fits into the hole on top of the bucket, would it be the best setup stuffing the shock inside of the coil (hillbilly coilover?) if we could figure out how to mount it?
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Joxracing wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Are you allowed to cut up the stock bucket in your class? If so I'd cut & plate the stock bucket to move the shock up closer to the coil.

We cannot cut it up, but we could move the shock closer.

Crazy idea, but that shock fits into the hole on top of the bucket, would it be the best setup stuffing the shock inside of the coil (hillbilly coilover?) if we could figure out how to mount it?
The coil will be fixed top and bottom so it will be forced to bend as it travels the suspension arcs. Make sure to check for interference as the suspension cycles. I would try and put it right behind the coil and in the bucket.
Joxracing

Post by Joxracing »

The truck as she sits now. Getting the front mocked up for building the engine cage. Sadly I'll be missing out on some work this weekend because of Prom. Darnit.

Comic relief, found this Rubber Duck in the '72 I think. No one really knows for sure, but in 3 garage moves, he hasnt been lost yet. He's our mascot.