Scott Wooden,s class 3

yogib

Scott Wooden,s class 3

Post by yogib »

Scott Wooden out of Corvallis Ore. .Built by Kevin B. of Extreme Motorsports Beaverton,Ore.
Attachments
robs bronco 001.jpg
robs bronco 001.jpg (100.68 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
yogib

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Post by yogib »

A few details: stroker W motor.Mass air conversion,Air cleaner in cab,3" King coilovers,engine cage,king Bumps,King 2 1/2" bypasses in the rear,2 1/2" wide deavers in back,1 1/2" longer shackles,boxxed beams,15" longer radius arms with Heim ends,swing set steering,trussed 9-inch,C-6 trans..Picture taken at Sandlake Dunes,Ore. on a 4th of july I believe.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

I saw that going down hwy 26 just outside of Beaverton when you guys were heading down for the Yerington race. I had just picked up a set of extended radius arms that Kevin made. I put them on that night and then drove down the Yerington to watch the race the next day. I forgot where we watched the race, check 3 maybe. It was right where Sam Beri broke a lower a-arm rod end upon landing, the top of a short steep hill. I actually ended up driving right next to it on an access road during prerunning and it looked like it was running good.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
yogib

Post by yogib »

Thats cool I would like to make a Yerrington race or Fallon some time.VORRA I guess.I visited Kevin this last Friday.Helped him a little on Someones Bronco that hes doing a engine cage and Coilovers on.I miss spoke about the rearend that Scotts has.It has a 8.8 now that I remember.Needs a nine though.I wasnt with Scott.I just met Scott and sent him to Kevin who built it for Scott.
yogib

Post by yogib »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4e8x_zBxGE nice video from Fallon race.
whatdyisit

Post by whatdyisit »

Nice video. Too bad they rolled it. Do you have any more pictures of this thing? I really dig this one.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i just saw that vid a couple days ago, i sent it to eldon to get him pumped up his cl3....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Didn't Scott run the Mint last year in that Bronco?
Hope he can make it down again.
Great video!
Sweet airtime dropping into that gully!!!!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
yogib

Post by yogib »

Broncodawg wrote:Didn't Scott run the Mint last year in that Bronco?
Hope he can make it down again.
Great video!
Sweet airtime dropping into that gully!!!!
No your thinking of TimmyD.He has the dark blue and white half cab style one. Scotts bronco rolled because the Right rear tire was flat and they made too sudden of a turn to get off the course to change it.The bronco caught a edge and over it went.The pic at the top is after it got fixxed from that roll.
TimmyD
Bronco Info: 1996 Race Bronco

Post by TimmyD »

Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

TimmyD wrote:Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)

Yeah, we saw you. We (TCM GLX and I) were bouncing from RM 13 to RM 21. I don't remember seeing you go by that many times though. Did you have problems?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
TimmyD
Bronco Info: 1996 Race Bronco

Post by TimmyD »

I finished 2 1/2 laps. I had electrical problems. Still digging into it. It's driving me crazy. I plan on running in BAP. Will any of you be there?
yogib

Post by yogib »

Timmy D (1438)
Thats funny.Especially when the Big boy Dodge is four linked I believe that was also out there with you.They just had quarter ellipticals to make it (LEGAL) for them.Well I hope you get everthing worked out.Hope to see ya at a BITD race.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

yogib wrote:

Timmy D (1438)
Thats funny.Especially when the Big boy Dodge is four linked I believe that was also out there with you.They just had quarter ellipticals to make it (LEGAL) for them.Well I hope you get everthing worked out.Hope to see ya at a BITD race.
Yeah, Timmy's Bronco does not meet C3 rules due to having coilovers in the rear. Leaf springs of any configuration as the primary suspension are allowed. Pike's set up is about the best configuration out there for a C3, because you get the handling benefits of links, yet still retain the necessary factory "type" suspension. The only drawback (I've read) is weight and initial tuning. Dave Moore is using a similar set-up on the garage queen. Can't wait to see it run.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.
yogib

Post by yogib »

MOSS2 wrote:Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.
Ya its all good.If I remember right you guys were there and won it right (the Mint)? My buddy Kevin who built Scotts bronco actually worked on TimmyD,s bronco when Rob owned it.He drove it all the way from Vegas to Hillsboro Oregon.You,ve probably met Kevin at a race before.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

yogib wrote:
MOSS2 wrote:Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.
Ya its all good.If I remember right you guys were there and won it right (the Mint)? My buddy Kevin who built Scotts bronco actually worked on TimmyD,s bronco when Rob owned it.He drove it all the way from Vegas to Hillsboro Oregon.You,ve probably met Kevin at a race before.
I think I last met Kevin at last years Baja 1000. Would like to race with him or one of his built vehicles again. Wondering who will be the first to bring a ttb truck out and dominate a race. I dont think it has happened since the 90's. I think Primm and Baja Scotts truck had engine and steering failures when we raced against it not to mention the new car bugs. It looked good in the Vorra video looks like it has gotten sorted out nicely.

Ken