JET ECU Chip for '93 w/5.8 (other years might work too)

Squarehead

JET ECU Chip for '93 w/5.8 (other years might work too)

Post by Squarehead »

I have a JET Performance chip that I used for about a year, but had to pull out because I've installed an MSD Ignition system and need to be able to adjust my engine timing. The chip must be removed before any timing adjustments are made, and when I get fiberglass fenders (soon) the ECU won't be easily accessible. So, I'll give the chip away to anyone that wants it.

Does it do anything? Well, I noticed that shift points moved a little higher up in the RPM range, which helped keep the engine in the high-rev/hp powerband area a bit longer.

I also noticed that downshifts were much quicker; I'd stomp on the gas pedal, and the Bronco would immediately downshift in order to get into a lower gear and a higher-rpm powerband.

I think the chip also advanced the timing just a bit, for quick gas pedal response. This is the reason it must be removed before you make any adjustments to your timing.

A lot of people will say that chips do nothing but cause trouble, but I have to say I actually kind of liked it. If someone wants to PM me, I'd be glad to send it to you. But only if you really plan on using it.

-Jeff
campbbg
Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie

Re: JET ECU Chip for '93 w/5.8 (other years might work too)

Post by campbbg »

PM Sent
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Next in line of Campbbq doesnt take it.
LBB
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco. 4" Procomp lift. 33's. i want to go fast.

Post by LBB »

i highly doubt ill get it but can i be third in line?