The Motley Crue: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: The Motley Crue: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Post by nubreed71 »

Haha, yep. It was on my list when they did the bed, but I held off. After a summer of using it as the family beach mobile and washing sand out of the bed onto the top of the bumper, I knew it was time.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Well, being true to form, I'm already on my second set of wheels for this thing. These street lock BTR's popped up on RDC for a price I just couldn't pass up. I loved them on my '94 and love em on the Motley Crew as well. Such a great looking wheel.

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Looks amazing Taylor!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Absolutely, completely off topic... but do you have a Christmas tree up already??

Back on topic: while I can't say these wheels look bad at all I do have a major soft spot in my heart for the alcoas and these do step the truck more into the "modified" look than the "stock/sleeper" look. With that being the case and the coil buckets being sold - when do the coilovers go in ;)
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Good eye! Yeah, my wife decided the Christmas stuff was going up early this year and I opted not to argue.

I'm with you RE the difference between these and the factory alcoas. These definitely give the truck a bit more of a modified look which I am kinda liking. I figure if I get tired of it, I can always go back to the factory alcoas down the road. Good catch on the coil buckets. I finally admitted to myself that ultimately I'd just wish I'd gone coilovers, so figured why not just go there first instead of spending more money on an intermediate setup. Coilovers are on the list, but I need to address some stuff with the rear suspension first. That's next on the list.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Good man. I agree on all accounts - especially the not arguing with the wife lol. We've discussed putting up Christmas stuff early this year just due to what a load of crap this year has been, but I gently reminded my wife she's always been the one that has said "lets get through thanksgiving first at least". When she started wavering this year I brought up an inflatable turkey decoration instead which the kids went nuts for and now I'm that guy who decorates for thanksgiving...

I think we all knew coilovers were coming at some point, so not a bad plan to skip that middle step. Can't wait to see what comes next as I love this thing!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Haha, great defense with the inflatable turkey. To be honest, I don't really mind it, and like you said, with the load of crap this year has been, a little holiday cheer was welcome.

Indeed, we all did. I'm still holding strong on staying stock width/stock fenders/bedsides/front bumper. Shocks under the bed also. That setup will handle as much as I plan to throw at this truck. It's far to clean to go flog the piss out of it on a regular basis. I'd really like to focus a bit more on getting a bit more horsepower via headers/y-pipe/tuning, and focus on making the interior as nice as possible via some new PRP's, and a custom center console.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Bump
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Alright Travis, you motivated me to do a little photo dump. Here goes!

First up, 38 gallon tank swap time:

Also, some pics of the suede headliner installed:

Bed all done with Linex and accessories bolted in:

The most exciting update...finally found some Robbys for this thing. Super psyched how those turned out.

Had Tony set me up with some new 3" projector headlights...the output on these things is great.

Low beams:

High beams:

And then I decided to get real about how much this truck is going to see dirt, so I got rid of the 2.5/3.0's I was going to install, and went for some cute little resi 2.0's out back. Looking for something similar for the front of the truck as well.

S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

thats what i like to see!
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Suede headliner is the business!
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

tcm glx wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:51 pm
Bump
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

tcm glx wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:51 pm
Can't wait til I do the seats/door panels to match. Gonna be so friggin sweet.
24hours
Bronco Info: looking for a white, ex-police 5.8 with brown interior (Found!) 1996, 5.8 XL

Post by 24hours »

Bump
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

No major updates right now...I did finally get the front limit straps installed. Need to snap a pic of the suspension with it all finally done. Hopefully will get around to that soon. Also finally getting around to swapping out the rear door glass to get rid of the mirrored factory tint. That's happening tomorrow.

Mostly just driving/enjoying the truck!
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

that suede headliner really is the jam!