2002 F250 Super Dookie

Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

2002 F250 Super Dookie

Post by Joxracing »

Hey guys,

I use to post here back in high school but haven’t in a very long time. I’m currently sick of the facebook group movement and returned to forums to answer inquiries of mine that I can’t solve on my own.

I have a 2002 CCSB Powerstroke that I absolutely hate. It’s the third 7.3 in my collection, and the only Super Duty. The rest are OBS trucks and if I could sell this thing to buy another OBS 7.3 I would, but no one wants this rusty turd. So i’m taking steps to hate it less since ill be stuck with it for life, and it does tow my race trailer halfway decent.

First issue that came up:
Taillights and blinkers. With no lights on, the blinkers blink fast, and flash both rear taillights. Fronts function normally. If you hit the brakes, no brake lights, blinkers flash very slow on the inside, and flash nothing on the outside. If you turn the taillights on nothing happens in the rear. Headlights still function normally through all of this.

I’ve read that it could be the multi function switch, possibly the headlight switch, or a bad ground. Any opinions?

Second:

I’m looking to run a 35x12.50r17 (I can get DOT take offs from our offroad racing endeavors very cheap) and i’m seeing if anyone is running this tire wheel combo on their truck. I think I’m going to go with Sky’s 3” leveling kit, but i’m looking to see what offset wheel to run to mitigate some of the rubbing without looking like a stance twat.
If I could have it my way I would stretch them onto stock wheels but I’ve heard they don’t cooperate to well.

Thanks guys!
Once the new tires/wheels/level action happens, it’s going to get a nice flatbed or service box (whatever I can find cheaper) and once the auto shits the bed, which i’m guessing will be any day now, it’ll be zf swapped to match my other two powerstroke’s.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Re: 2002 F250 Super Dookie

Post by AussieRod »

As far as your lights issue, I'd start by checking and cleaning ALL the earth grounds on both chassis and body that the rearr harness connects to, then all the plugs and connectors. By your description, the lights are trying to ground through other lights and possibly the switch(s). If you are in a rust belt, that could be the cause of your light ills. Just my $0.02.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I agree with Rod on chansing grounds 1st for the wiring issue.

As for the tires, while I don't have any opinion on rubbing or sizing for the super duty I do know I have run the 35x12.50r15's and then also the 315/75r16 on the stock alcoa wheels (which should be the same width as yours) with zero issues. I thought the 2002 had 16" wheels stock though and not 17's.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

Yes, sadly in the rust belt and this has truck has lived in michigan it’s whole life. I’ll see if I can dig a diagram up to see if that can get me a ballpark location on those grounds.

This truck has 16’s, but there are a few sets of newer generation 17” factory wheels on the local craigslist for pretty cheap.