Bray's '99 F250 Super Duty

DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's '99 F250 Super Duty

Post by DMbronco »

cs_drums wrote:Awesome! I like the wheel change. I think I'm going s similar route when I get back to CA

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Brian!! when are you getting back brother? hopefully in time for desert season <------------

Definitely digging the look with the Bajas. I scored on Ebay, out of state seller so no tax and free freight- hard to see how local tire shops can compete.

Coupled with the 'mustache' (bug deflector) as my Pops puts it- it's Old Man Style for sure haha
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Bray's '99 F250 Super Duty

Post by cs_drums »

We're the wheels new or used?

I'll be back somwtime Feb/mar. My truck is in pieces and I have a few major changes to make but I'm hoping next season it'll be ready.

I'll just have to ride shot gun for a while.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Looking good man...
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

Things I remember from a GF's '99 - they used 2 different air filters that year. One is harder to find. And I think the '99s were the only year to use an external-only trans cooler (no cooler in the radiator) - an odd choice for a modern vehicle.

A friend who used to live in Farmington, NM, and worked at Ziems Ford there for many years told me that the gas/oil field trucks in the area were a 'worst case' testing example for Ford and others since the trucks were rode hard and put away wet. Not maintained well, driven hard on rough roads, idling for hours on end, etc. Ford engineers often came out to look at failures and wear on the trucks. On the '99s, they had a lot of premature transmission failures because the coolers would get packed with mud and since there wasn't any cooling coming from the radiator, the trans would overheat quickly and die. They changed that for '00 or '01.

Todd Z.