The Orca: 2012 Ford Raptor Black Supercrew Build

nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: The Orca: 2012 Ford Raptor Black Supercrew Build

Post by nubreed71 »

I also snagged a set of the new/improved SVC tie-rods, and a set of gusseted OEM spindles. It's a bit tough to see the knuckles in this pick so I'll try to snag a better pic when I have the wheel/tire off next time. I can't say enough good things about the new SVC tie-rods. The fit and finish on these things is fantastic. What a great re-design.

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Last week I snagged a S&B intake kit, and got it installed yesterday. It's a nice kit for sure. I'm not sure whether or not there's much gain in terms of horsepower, but it looks cool and sounds cool when you stab the skinny pedal.

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I slapped a set of Deaver +2's on the truck last weekend (with the help of Christian @ Vital Designs), and they really are a great mod for these trucks. I've owned a number of trucks over the years with Deaver spring packs on them, but these were the biggest noticeable difference of all the trucks I've had them on.

And then this weekend I was trying out some different wheel offsets, and managed to snap some pics of my front setup now that the tie-rods and gusseted knuckles have been installed.

Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Wow nice
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

I've been working on a few different small projects lately, the first was getting some OEM tailgate and door handles and having them painted to match the rest of the truck.

Swap in progress:

And then all handles swapped and washed up:

Also, I had SVC install one of their V3 rear bumpers...I love the way it cleans up the look of the truck. I had the bumper customized a little bit to add a couple flush mount S2 Pros to be used as reverse lights.

Then I had some extended shackles from Blitzkreig Motorsports installed to drop the rear ride height down a little bit:

I also had Christian over at Vital Designs fab up some rear limit strap mounts for me since with the Deavers and extended shackles, I suspect that the rear suspension is now capable or dropping out further than the rear shocks will permit. I also need to ditch the remainder of my Magnaflow tailpipes and do a couple turn downs, since as it's configured now, the exhaust would be blowing right on the limit straps.

I've got some more fun stuff in the works as well, here's a couple preview pics.

Readylift fabricated knuckles with some double shear tie-rod tabs that Christian @ Vital Designs whipped up for me:

And some Camburg lower arms. No tabs for an aux bypass shock which is a bit of a bummer, but the deal was too good to pass up. I can always add the mounts later on down the road for a few hundred bucks if I decide I really need em.

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Meet ya at Starbucks later?
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Now that the truck is properly outfitted for the parking lot speedbumps there, absolutely.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I really dig all this color matching. The details are what sets builds apart, and you’re hitting them all right on!
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Thanks man...it's nice to see other people digging on the details as much as I am. I can't wait to get the lower arms and knuckles installed. It'll be nice to have the entire frontend on uniballs instead of bushings.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Funny how much of a difference a new set of taillights make! Trucks coming along nicely man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

It's been a little while since I've updated this thread, but I've been working on a few different things. True to form, I swapped wheels again. I've been looking for a set of the original Robby Gordons for awhile, and managed to snag a set of 4 (if anyone knows where I can find a 5th, I'll pay top dollar!)

I also got those fabricated knuckles, Camburg upper & lower ams, stainless brake lines, and limit straps installed on the frontend. While everything was apart, I had them weld some doubler plates on the lower a-arm pockets. (Don't worry, I've since fixed the routing of that vacuum line)

I slapped one of the new Ruffstuff rear diff covers on the rearend:

And I finally got my Rugged radio installed in the center console:

And then ran the hand mic wire into the shifter console to a CAT6 receptacle. Just plug in the hand mic and it's ready to rock.

Finally, I got my gen 2 Raptor steering wheel swap done as well. I'm loving the paddle shifters!

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Did you cost those Robby’s in steelit? Lookin good as always!

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

*coat

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Thanks! It's not Steel-It, but that's about the color I was going for. The powder coat is called black chrome, and then I had them do a semi-gloss clear over top.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Bump
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Lol, must've been a helluva night Travis. This old girl is long gone, but will do a photo dump on my crewcab thread. Lots to catch up on there...