1995 F-150 Build

S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Re: 1995 F-150 Build

Post by S00TLYFE »

Basically wrapped up the upper part of the console last night as far as mounting is concerned. Pretty stoked with how it came out just need to break it down and get it all wrapped.Image
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg (100.35 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
Turf Tamer
Bronco Info: 1990 F-150 396 stroker w/camper shell. Its got KING's bra!!!

Post by Turf Tamer »

Looking good.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

New seats and console in the truck, need to get the console wrapped and finish wiring everything up and I’m dialed on comms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:46 pm
New seats and console in the truck, need to get the console wrapped and finish wiring everything up and I’m dialed on comms

Looks badass man
Chasintrail
Bronco Info: 95 Ford Bronco, 93 Ford Explorer

Post by Chasintrail »

Truck is looking good! Console came out solid.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Chasintrail wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:14 pm
thanks man! waiting on king to finish my shocks 4 months later so i can do this bed cage and install that currie axle you sold me. hows the toyota?
Chasintrail

Post by Chasintrail »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 pm
Chasintrail wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:14 pm
thanks man! waiting on king to finish my shocks 4 months later so i can do this bed cage and install that currie axle you sold me. hows the toyota?
Nice! No that was me trying to buy the same rear you picked up that day in Alpine. I had a toyota at the time but is now sold. Ford only at this point.
Chasintrail

Post by Chasintrail »

Just dropped back a few pages to find how much I've missed on your build. Truck is coming together really nicely. Glad you decided to keep it!
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Chasintrail wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 am
Just dropped back a few pages to find how much I've missed on your build. Truck is coming together really nicely. Glad you decided to keep it!
thanks dude! it could very well be back up for sale after desert season is over...all depends on how many dirt miles i log this desert season...so far 70, hoping to do mojave trail as well. If i dont feel like i got enough use ill finish the bed cage/currie 9" install if King ever finishes my 3.0s and see what kind of offers i get. some days i really just would rather have a UTV
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:34 am
some days i really just would rather have a UTV
Travis - can I pick your brain on this comment? I've got a buddy racing a UTV who keeps bugging me to get one. I hold out. My thoughts are the UTV's are fun and capable, but you've got to trailer them and honestly they don't seem like they can be much less expensive than a regular toy. I like to be able to drive to town if needed when we are out wheeling. Not drive back to the camp and get in a street vehicle then go to town. Plus you've got the whole windows up and enclosed thing with a regular truck. What are your reasons for your thought above?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Mostly the simplicity, everything is bolt on, you can break it one weekend, order the parts online on your way back from the desert, fix it, and be back in the dirt by the next weekend, no waiting on a shop to get you in, no taking it to one place for this and another for that, etc. plus they’re super capable out of the box, I’m kind of at the point where i already have a tacoma that goes everywhere, just slow, it’s clean refined comfortable and reliable, plus it can tow a UTV. I don’t want to spend my weekends working on stuff anymore either. I do agree I wish they had enclosed cab models especially with heaters.

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

I've had this same conversation with myself too... there is always a sacrifice either way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

RyanDS650X wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:33 am
I've had this same conversation with myself too... there is always a sacrifice either way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
its a tough choice to make, plus when i got into this hobby (later than most of you) broncos and OBS fords were dime a dozen so if you wadded one up, who cares, you just buy a donor truck and swap everything over, now these trucks are damn near all collectors items.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am
now these trucks are damn near all collectors items.
This part is sad and frustrating. I used to get 70's trucks for under $1k over and over. Those days are long gone and unfortunately even the 90-96 stuff has followed suit. Makes it much harder to do a budget build. Used to be you could grab a 1st gen exploder and have a capable toy for less than half of a stuck UTV. Not so much the case anymore.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am
My thoughts are the UTV's are fun and capable, but you've got to trailer them and honestly they don't seem like they can be much less expensive than a regular toy.
i dont want to be associated with the 99% of the owners who are complete idiots in those things. they are popular because you can finance them and as mentioned the aftermarket is flooded with stuff.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:31 pm
S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am
now these trucks are damn near all collectors items.
This part is sad and frustrating. I used to get 70's trucks for under $1k over and over. Those days are long gone and unfortunately even the 90-96 stuff has followed suit. Makes it much harder to do a budget build. Used to be you could grab a 1st gen exploder and have a capable toy for less than half of a stuck UTV. Not so much the case anymore.
dude youre telling me, when i was into hot rods i used to buy f100s all the time for dirt cheap, even super cabs for $1000 that were good runners, id just use them for daily driver duties, cleaning them up a little bit and then someone would be like is the truck for sale? and id unload it and do it over again.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

mobil1syn wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 pm
ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am
My thoughts are the UTV's are fun and capable, but you've got to trailer them and honestly they don't seem like they can be much less expensive than a regular toy.
i dont want to be associated with the 99% of the owners who are complete idiots in those things. they are popular because you can finance them and as mentioned the aftermarket is flooded with stuff.
yeah, that part i dont like, but they just shit all over even built trucks at so many things
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Ryan and Travis, you guys are both 100 percent accurate regarding the SxS. Indeed a sacrifice either way.

The parts bill for the bronco was always $1000 and up.....so the one thing I have truly enjoyed about the SxS is how much less expensive and how capable they are. A few of us hit Mexico before COVID and preñan the San Felipe race course....averaged 35 mph (faster for sure than I could have averaged in the bronco through that stuff) through out the day with nothing more than a flat. About 250 miles logged over the weekend. Came back, rinsed it off, tossed a new belt on the clutch and she was ready to go do it again.

The downside, not street legal and having to trailer everywhere..... 100 percent accurate. Sucks in the states. (Not in AZ or Utah, but definitely sucks in Cali) and of course in Mexico not so much of a big deal.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

tcm glx wrote:Ryan and Travis, you guys are both 100 percent accurate regarding the SxS. Indeed a sacrifice either way.

The parts bill for the bronco was always $1000 and up.....so the one thing I have truly enjoyed about the SxS is how much less expensive and how capable they are. A few of us hit Mexico before COVID and preñan the San Felipe race course....averaged 35 mph (faster for sure than I could have averaged in the bronco through that stuff) through out the day with nothing more than a flat. About 250 miles logged over the weekend. Came back, rinsed it off, tossed a new belt on the clutch and she was ready to go do it again.

The downside, not street legal and having to trailer everywhere..... 100 percent accurate. Sucks in the states. (Not in AZ or Utah, but definitely sucks in Cali) and of course in Mexico not so much of a big deal.
I took my truck out Friday with the new front end and was stoked on how well it did, wondered how it will do when king finishes my 3.0s and I can do a bed cage, and then immediately got out performed by a bunch of stock RZRs and Can Ams and finally wondered how nice it would be to just make the payment and drive something purpose built to take a beating and not have to stress

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:30 pm
tcm glx wrote:Ryan and Travis, you guys are both 100 percent accurate regarding the SxS. Indeed a sacrifice either way.

I took my truck out Friday with the new front end and was stoked on how well it did, wondered how it will do when king finishes my 3.0s and I can do a bed cage, and then immediately got out performed by a bunch of stock RZRs and Can Ams and finally wondered how nice it would be to just make the payment and drive something purpose built to take a beating and not have to stress

That was me at KOH 3 yrs ago when Vic bought his Rzr.......I saw him running through the big whoops and was Like WHHATTTTT THEEE FUUUUUUUUU.

So cool that your front end came out nice man, looks bitchen.