1995 F-150 Build

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: 1995 F-150 Build

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The internal sleeve portions on yours look way less rusty than the ones I've pulled apart.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Nice man! You drive it yet???
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:23 pm
The internal sleeve portions on yours look way less rusty than the ones I've pulled apart.
Same, the ones I have taken out took much persuasion with a BFH just to get the nuts out of them.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm
Nice man! You drive it yet???
no i still dont have seats lol
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:23 pm
yeah man i was really surpised with how easily these came apart
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I think the ease in which they came apart is due to how clean they were. I've tried the puller setup like you made with no luck. Had buddies who have used it on 70's stuff and had the puller work. Not me. Out of the handfull of 70's stuff I've done and the 3 broncos ('86, '87 & 96) all were rusty and a major PitA that put up a good fight. I've ended up drilling some, sawzalling others, chiselling one, etc.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:31 pm
I think the ease in which they came apart is due to how clean they were. I've tried the puller setup like you made with no luck. Had buddies who have used it on 70's stuff and had the puller work. Not me. Out of the handfull of 70's stuff I've done and the 3 broncos ('86, '87 & 96) all were rusty and a major PitA that put up a good fight. I've ended up drilling some, sawzalling others, chiselling one, etc.
thats what andy had to do with his as well actually haha
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Yep! Sawzall and a 30 pack of silver bullets!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I did the ones on my crew cab a while back. The 4 on the cab came out like yours, but the core support bushings on the battery side were a nightmare. I'm sure it took me longer to do the core support bushings than the body bushings. Great looking truck. I bet you're itching to drive it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:32 am
I did the ones on my crew cab a while back. The 4 on the cab came out like yours, but the core support bushings on the battery side were a nightmare. I'm sure it took me longer to do the core support bushings than the body bushings. Great looking truck. I bet you're itching to drive it.
thanks man! and yeah i am it has been awhile since ive driven it, my new seats should be here today though so hopefully that means i can adapt the mounts and get them installed by the end of the weekend
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

also yeah, i think the core support ones were the worst to me also, i removed the fenderwells, and needed a 1/2" impact/breaker bar and a 48" pry bar to lift them enough to get the new bushings in, so worth it though, my doors close like a brand new truck now and i bet the truck will feel a lot more firm while driving now
hobbyturnedobsession

S00TLYFE wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:45 am
also yeah, i think the core support ones were the worst to me also, i removed the fenderwells, and needed a 1/2" impact/breaker bar and a 48" pry bar to lift them enough to get the new bushings in, so worth it though, my doors close like a brand new truck now and i bet the truck will feel a lot more firm while driving now
I hear you. The driver rear had no form of a body mount left. my cab lines back up with the body lines of the fenders hahah. Did you go with rubber or poly? I did poly and they don't make noise, but the suspension bushings i did do some.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:37 pm
S00TLYFE wrote:
I hear you. The driver rear had no form of a body mount left. my cab lines back up with the body lines of the fenders hahah. Did you go with rubber or poly? I did poly and they don't make noise, but the suspension bushings i did do some.
i ended up going with the poly one, ive used their bushings on every other vehicle ive owned and had great results, personally havent noticed the noise either but i figure especially with this thing is its an offroad truck, its going to make all kinds of noise
hobbyturnedobsession

S00TLYFE wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:11 am
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:37 pm
S00TLYFE wrote:

i ended up going with the poly one, ive used their bushings on every other vehicle ive owned and had great results, personally havent noticed the noise either but i figure especially with this thing is its an offroad truck, its going to make all kinds of noise
I agree with you there. They hold up better than the rubber ones. Some have issues with the sound and the ride / vibration but I didn't notice anything different.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

new seats finally showed up yesterday, really stoked at the color match to the factory ford gray and the cushion is really nice too. If youre in the market for seats give these guys a call, this is Hunter Safety Products which is the Beard family, they just cant use the name anymore because they sold it to whoever bought Beard.
IMG_36171.jpg
IMG_36171.jpg (133.23 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
[/img]
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

I ended up purchasing the solo seat mounting kit to adapt the seats to my stock sliders, one thing that was a concern was head clearance especially once I cage the truck (I'm 6'5), so Andy was nice enough to help me cut down the upper slider and weld on the mounts, which should buy me 2-3" of head clearance. Cleaned up the sliders and hit them with a couple coats of spray paint. They look ok other than the front mount part which seemed to have run because of the angle. Tried cleaning it up and repainted it a few times and it got a little better but ultimately just decided to say screw it and send it.
IMG-3707.jpg
IMG-3707.jpg (311.71 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
IMG-3715.jpg
IMG-3715.jpg (185.21 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
IMG-3717.jpg
IMG-3717.jpg (131.81 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
IMG-3688.jpg
IMG-3688.jpg (220.15 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

These are done now (and look good), for for those other tall guys out there, you should be able to flip the mounts upside down so the bolt holes on the brackets like these from Solo point down vs. up. As long as the bottom of the seat is still up 2" or more from the cross members on the sliders you should be good
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am
These are done now (and look good), for for those other tall guys out there, you should be able to flip the mounts upside down so the bolt holes on the brackets like these from Solo point down vs. up. As long as the bottom of the seat is still up 2" or more from the cross members on the sliders you should be good
thanks for the heads up Steve, i had initially considered that but Andy had done this already and offered to help, plus gave me an excuse to get out of the house and have some guy time haha...but definitely good to know for the future.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:These are done now (and look good), for for those other tall guys out there, you should be able to flip the mounts upside down so the bolt holes on the brackets like these from Solo point down vs. up. As long as the bottom of the seat is still up 2" or more from the cross members on the sliders you should be good
Tried that the first time around. The bottom of the seat would get eaten up on the slider when moved forward and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Got it. I've always made my own and flipped them down often. I haven't used the solo ones before so they must be a bit different dimensionally