'89 2wd B2 daily

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

Didn't quite know where to put this.. lol picked up this factory 2wd '89 baby Bronc for daily duty last week as I plan to put my '14 Focus back to stock and sell it soon. Plan right now is just to clean it up, do some maintenance things that were neglected, and some minor personalization to make it a good reliable daily for my commute from Jamul to El Cajon for work, and to San Marcos for school. When I got it I was in desperate need of brakes, an alignment, and tires so knocked that out before the Labor Day weekend.
Potato.
zachwabbit

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zachwabbit

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

Couldn't shake the Bronco bug lol had to have another. One new fuel line, new pads and rotors, new Falken A/T3W's to replace the sketchy old BFG's, new lugs, and an alignment, and she's road worthy. Oh and Body Glove seat covers so I don't burn my ass on the vinyl seats, the old steering wheel cover I used on my old white fullsize Bronco, and my F150, and the oem floormats from my Focus among some other small things to make it more comfortable and tidy up loose ends ImageImageImageImageImageImage

zachwabbit

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

Oh and lots of spray paint lol. Soon will be looking to replace the wheels soon since these Ranger steelies are pretty bent, anyone got any 15x7 alloys? Also, anyone know what the heck is supposed to go in this little hole on the tire gate latch? Can't remember what was there on my old B2, and there's no threads, only this hole in the fiberglass hatch. The latch is nice and tight, just wanna plug the hole

zachwabbit

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Re: '89 2wd B2 daily

Post by 300 »

Wow, a 2wd. Heard about them, have never seen one. I have had an 86 since 89 but it does not have that extra brace on the spare tire latch.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by cs_drums »

I drove 3 hours to look at one for my wife. It was 2wd, didn't think they existed so didn't think to ask.

We snagged a 89 4x 5speed a few months back. Need to start s thread for hers. I have a complete rancho kit I'm not sure if we are gonna use it. I'll let you know id I end up getting rid of it.

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

300 wrote:Wow, a 2wd. Heard about them, have never seen one. I have had an 86 since 89 but it does not have that extra brace on the spare tire latch.
Yeah I had a '90 4x4 5-speed EB but got rid of it for a Subie a couple years ago and don't have any pics of the latch:/ prol just gonna find a rubber plug for it
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

cs_drums wrote:I drove 3 hours to look at one for my wife. It was 2wd, didn't think they existed so didn't think to ask.

We snagged a 89 4x 5speed a few months back. Need to start s thread for hers. I have a complete rancho kit I'm not sure if we are gonna use it. I'll let you know id I end up getting rid of it.

Oh dang.. haha that sucks. I drove an hour and a half from Jamul to Fallbrook with my girl to get this one because the interiors so clean compared to most I've seen and no hatch/roof leaks either, but I knew it was a 2wd and didn't mind cuz I still have my 4x4 F150. So now the B2 is getting all the attention to be prepped for daily use and the F1 is getting neglected hah. Naw don't worry about it, this one has a coil spacer and add-a-leaf and that's high enough for me.
Potato.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Check something for me if you would. Some years came with the transfer case on the two wheel drive bronco twos. Does this have the t-case?
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

damon1272 wrote:Check something for me if you would. Some years came with the transfer case on the two wheel drive bronco twos. Does this have the t-case?
Yupp it's got a dummy t-case under there. I read somewhere awhile back that all 2wd B2's had em. This is only the 2nd 2wd B2 that I've ever seen in person, and the first one that I put tires on at my work also had a t-case
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

cs_drums wrote:I drove 3 hours to look at one for my wife. It was 2wd, didn't think they existed so didn't think to ask.

You wouldn't happen to know why goes in the hole on the tire gate latch would you? Got any pics of yours?
Potato.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

If that is the case converting to 4x would be pretty easy. Those little broncos are quite capable offload.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

damon1272 wrote:If that is the case converting to 4x would be pretty easy. Those little broncos are quite capable offload.
Yeah it's definitely crossed my mind, but I already have a 4x4, and the allure of unusual semi-rare options makes me want to keep it 2wd
Potato.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: None Anymore!

Post by S00TLYFE »

been tempted to pick up one of these little things myself, congrats on the new rig
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

S00TLYFE wrote:been tempted to pick up one of these little things myself, congrats on the new rig
Thanks man, couldn't justify the fuel cost of another fullsize so got this instead haha and I got tired of dragging my Focus' bumper over every speed bump
Potato.
cs_drums

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by cs_drums »

zachwabbit wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know why goes in the hole on the tire gate latch would you? Got any pics of yours?
Confused on what your asking. Do you have A pic of what your talking about:

zachwabbit

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by zachwabbit »

cs_drums wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:

Confused on what your asking. Do you have A pic of what your talking about:

ImageImage this hole in the hatch, mines not threaded, but looks like maybe something larger was on there before?

cs_drums

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by cs_drums »

I'll take a look at the wife's and let you know if mines any different

cs_drums

'89 2wd B2 daily

Post by cs_drums »

I took a look at the wife's, there is a acorn style nut as uploaded to a bolt head on the two above it bo no additional brackets or anything.