BajaF250

BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Re: BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:Tom....... Will you marry me. Hahahaha.
Hehe... I thought that might catch your eye!!! :D Yep, it's important to get it all "knocked off" to aid in maintenance, prep and repairs. I've still gotta get into the ballasts and/or wiring harness... but first I gotta get things clean (or cleaner) to keep from getting all caked up and grimy when working on it. I still don't know if it's going down to the Mil or if I'm taking the SuperDuty. Minty is supposed to be broken down right now getting work done on the front end!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

cypher wrote:Thanks for the detailed prerun trip. Sounds like you had a great time. Love this old truck!
guard wrote:That's awesome Tom, thanks for the detailed account of the trip! It allows us that can't go the ability to live vicariously through you:) I really want to go to one of these when the stars align!
Hey Scott,
Yep, had an absolutely great time... I'd really like to lead a "Los Amigos" Expedition run down through this area... it is so beautiful and just a ton of fun to drive. It would be a very long trip though. I might petition to run this next year... just a thought! :shock:
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

yikes wrote:Tom - I think I would rather take a ride with you than one in a TT. Glad you had a solid prerun. More important...glad you smoked the buggies. Haha! You know? I was thinking the other day...you need a metal flake minty green open face helmet that says "eat my dust" in the that cool 70's style 3d font. Haha!
Hehehe... B, that's a GREAT idea... I love it... minty green helmets! So cool... I've been looking at a few different options for open face helmets...
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Sounds like an awesome trip! 4wd sure comes in handy.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Yep, for sure... I envisioned myself having to lay down in the silt to get under the rear diff to dig out... lots easier (cleaner too) to click the hubs in and just drive out! Yahoo!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

That would have sucked hard. Looking like a silt colored coal miner rolling in asking for a margarita lol
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Hehe... yup... sort of the picture I'd painted in my own mind... I KNOW my co-driver wasn't going to get down there and dig us out... I'm sure I would have been told "... you got us in there, you get us out!" Or, something to that effect! :o
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:Hehe... yup... sort of the picture I'd painted in my own mind... I KNOW my co-driver wasn't going to get down there and dig us out... I'm sure I would have been told "... you got us in there, you get us out!" Or, something to that effect! :o

That sounds like exactly what he would have said........LOL
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

Any idea how much $ you spent on fuel?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

BajaF250 wrote: Logged about 400 off road miles. > Minty did great... no issues... except blew a tire on the way down south of Puertocitos on the highway. Didn't just get a puncture, but the tire blew all the air out in just seconds and ended up chewing up the sidewalls... bummer, fairly new tire. I chewed up the rest on the trail!
Wasn't one of the ones I sold you, was it?!

I the same thing happen with one of my 35x12.5-15 last trip. I'm not impressed with there durability after the last trip. Have you had better luck with them prior to this trip.

Let me know.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

As always, Tom sets the bar! I'm ashamed of what I call a car wash!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

cs_drums wrote:
BajaF250 wrote: Logged about 400 off road miles. > Minty did great... no issues... except blew a tire on the way down south of Puertocitos on the highway. Didn't just get a puncture, but the tire blew all the air out in just seconds and ended up chewing up the sidewalls... bummer, fairly new tire. I chewed up the rest on the trail!
Wasn't one of the ones I sold you, was it?!

I the same thing happen with one of my 35x12.5-15 last trip. I'm not impressed with there durability after the last trip. Have you had better luck with them prior to this trip.

Let me know.
Hey Brian,

Nope, that tire is still running strong... I had it as the spare for that side and it ended up running all of the off road miles for the prerun... did great!

I've been running BFG MTs for many, many years... with tons of off road miles. This is really the very first blowout I've had... So, I can't complain, my BFGs have given me very loyal and exceptionally reliable service over the years. Every single time I detour and use another brand of tire, I ALWAYS regret it and end up going right back to BFGs. So, one little road hazard isn't going to sway me in my opinion of these tires. I'm very pleased with them. Plus, you've gotta admit, a 6,700 lb truck zipping through the desert isn't exactly easy on tires... !!!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

cypher wrote:Any idea how much $ you spent on fuel?
You know Scott, I didn't keep track... sorry...
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

SteveG wrote:As always, Tom sets the bar! I'm ashamed of what I call a car wash!
The bar I set was getting it dirty!!!! :D Plus, since I'm going to start tearing the front end apart, it's so much easier to work on it when it's clean... so I also had an ulterior motive!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

BajaF250 wrote:Hey Brian,

Nope, that tire is still running strong... I had it as the spare for that side and it ended up running all of the off road miles for the prerun... did great!

I've been running BFG MTs for many, many years... with tons of off road miles. This is really the very first blowout I've had... So, I can't complain, my BFGs have given me very loyal and exceptionally reliable service over the years. Every single time I detour and use another brand of tire, I ALWAYS regret it and end up going right back to BFGs. So, one little road hazard isn't going to sway me in my opinion of these tires. I'm very pleased with them. Plus, you've gotta admit, a 6,700 lb truck zipping through the desert isn't exactly easy on tires... !!!
6700lb she a bigggg girl haha Goof to get an opinon from someone that has put many miles on KMs. I already worked out a deal for some generals but we'll see how they work out.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

cs_drums wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:Hey Brian,

6700lb she a bigggg girl haha Goof to get an opinon from someone that has put many miles on KMs. I already worked out a deal for some generals but we'll see how they work out.
One might say "hefty." But, it seems to gets me around, hehe... :D
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

I've gotta say, the old Minty has sure been working well... in the last two weeks, I've logged over 1,600 miles down the peninsula, more than half off road... it's been nothing short of reliable and rock solid. Every turn of the key, every rock past below the keel, have gone by with constant, solid consistency. So next, I begin the next phase... I'm gonna start the front end update... more to follow.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Awesome Tom, excited to see the next phase !
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Nice!

Still interested in the current front end if you decide to give up your "spares"
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

yikes wrote:Tom - You know? I was thinking the other day...you need a metal flake minty green open face helmet that says "eat my dust" in the that cool 70's style 3d font. Haha!
Yeah with a yellow bubble face shield. Total vintage. I'll have to look around Dad's house for my old easy rider theme open face helmet.