1993 TTB F150 XLT

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Re: 1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

cwrisley wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:Haha doesn't that Olds have a V8?
6.6L in front of a TH400.
Sheesh. We'll eventually I'd catch you, once you run out of gas hahaha with all 98hp that the little six can muster
Potato.
zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImage
A little bit of cleanup and me and my girl will be at off road night in El Cajon this evening if anyone wants to say hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImage
Off Road Night was a blast, snuck my truck into the show, and saw plenty of Ford pickups and Broncos

zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

Image shortly afterwards got my matching spare setup in the bed, and finally got around to mounting an old .50cal ammo can for lockable storage of my tow straps, jumper cables, tools, etcImage
Picked up a shell for camping after Travis spotted it for meImageImageImage
Already picked up new clamps and getting new locks for the shell, just need to clean up and re-secure the cab-to-shell weatherstripping, and find something to cover the hole left from the old broken 3rd brake light on the shell itself. Any ideas? Not planning on wiring anything into it since my truck doesn't have a 3rd brake light and will only be on the truck for short periods..

zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImageImage
Here's the hole on the shell, thinking maybe I'd just rtv a thin piece of aluminum over it and paint over it all when I paint the shell, or rtv in a small solar panel to power lights or a phone charger.. something simple that won't look cheap

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

If you're going to have the shell repainted you can fiberglass in a cover piece. Or RTV or epoxy in a filler piece (aluminum would work) on the inside & then fill over it & sand smooth.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
F1Brendan
Bronco Info: It's a non Bronc! the bronco's larger cousin with a bed, a 95 f1

Post by F1Brendan »

Truck looks cool, jealous of the wheels! I'd just wire up a brake light though man, super easy. My truck just had a green wire sticking out of the looming at the master cylinder that you can tap straight into. Run a quick wire down the frame, mount a cheapo eBay brake light, route the wire up through where the tail light goes and out the little bed access hole. My wires are all quick disconnects in the tail light spot so whenever the shell comes off, I just pop the tail light and release the clips. Easy peasy.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by Tchajagos »

No need to go all the way from the master cylinder. The trailer harness is right there under the bed with 12vpower/brake/backup/running lights. Get a little led panel light from AutoZone and mount it on there and wire it up for a backup light or dust light/camp light.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by Tchajagos »

Score on the shell. So nice to not have to set up a tent when camping. An air mattress fits right back there in the bed. You can run a 12v power port back there to be able to charge your phones too ;)
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:If you're going to have the shell repainted you can fiberglass in a cover piece. Or RTV or epoxy in a filler piece (aluminum would work) on the inside & then fill over it & sand smooth.
Yeah at some point I'll sand it down and rattle can the whole thing, but I need to get around to bedlining the bed before that, this local truck shell shop suggested sticking a thick piece of 3m vinyl over the hole, which is the cheapest and quickest option but I was hesitant as I thought it wouldn't hold up to abuse.. maybe if I used spray foam behind it..idk
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

F1Brendan wrote:Truck looks cool, jealous of the wheels! I'd just wire up a brake light though man, super easy. My truck just had a green wire sticking out of the looming at the master cylinder that you can tap straight into. Run a quick wire down the frame, mount a cheapo eBay brake light, route the wire up through where the tail light goes and out the little bed access hole. My wires are all quick disconnects in the tail light spot so whenever the shell comes off, I just pop the tail light and release the clips. Easy peasy.
Thanks haha perks of working at a tire shop
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Tchajagos wrote:Score on the shell. So nice to not have to set up a tent when camping. An air mattress fits right back there in the bed. You can run a 12v power port back there to be able to charge your phones too ;)
Yeah thanks again man, now I just need to throw something together with some old 2x4s to lift it or set it on for storage lol
Potato.
zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

So in preparation for me putting my '14 Focus back to stock and selling it I picked up this factory 2wd '89 B2 in Fallbrook today, super stokedImageImageImage

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hey go on ebay and buy one of those 3M pinstripping erasers-- put on a simple hand drill and It will rub those adhesive strips right off. Add a little polishing compound and a swirl remover and they will forever be gondi!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

VintageIronFab wrote:Hey go on ebay and buy one of those 3M pinstripping erasers-- put on a simple hand drill and It will rub those adhesive strips right off. Add a little polishing compound and a swirl remover and they will forever be gondi!
Yeah I picked one up awhile back after talking to Talyor, started removing some of it but mines so old and crusty it's taking forever even to just get 6" of it off and the dried adhesive is taking the paint with it. I'll finish it off eventually but it's not high on my priority list at the moment.
Potato.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

I have the same crap on mine. I was just gonna wait till I put the fiberglass on and have the whole Bronco sanded/painted.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

You might try some adhesive remover with the eraser or a touch of heat with a heat gun
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

Been busy with school starting again and work and the B2 I just picked up so the trucks been sitting unused mostly but did a few things here and there ImageImageImage
Threw on Desolate Motorsports' front and rear braided steel brake line kit. I made the mistake of ordering the kit for a front ABS setup, only to realize my truck has rear ABS, not front(DOH!) but Greg at Desolate was kind enough to set me straight and even sent me the correct drivers front line at no extra cost after I sent him back the one I mistakenly ordered! Some of you may have already seen me mention this on Instagram, but I am still impressed by the high level of customer service provided by the guys at Desolate, and will continue to order parts from them(as limited funds allow of course lol)

zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

Oh and put on a suede Grant wheel and billet hub adapter(PC: my girl)

zachwabbit

1993 TTB F150 XLT

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImageImage
Got a second job this past week so been even busier than usual, but got off my butt and finally installed the Desolate dash brace, takes some minor drilling and trimming but overall easy install and now my dash is solid. Been tossing around the idea of selling the truck for another F150 or F250, but still not convinced I want to start all over again with another rig..