"TrophyFJ" Build. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: "TrophyFJ" Build. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Ok now im jealous. Looks killer.
trophyFJ
Bronco Info: I'm building a FJC with TTB front suspension, 4-link and a Ls3.....came here to do research. Thanks

Post by trophyFJ »

Stopped by Culhane today so he can can measure the TC and start working on my new "race spec" transmission... placed my order, he's busy with a lot of racers but I hope I can come back soon and pick up my new tranny... so we can start making things up

Steve Culhane has been building transmission's for race teams and pre-runners for over 20 years. His name is synonymous with race proven and race winning work.

I trust I should have a high performance reliable trans for years to come.

He has some work to do on it, but in a week or so, I'll be back to pick it up... 4L80e, manual valve body, 300M output shaft, 3000rpm lockup TCI converter and 4140 billet forward hub. I don't expect to have any driveline issues as this should be enough to handle more than 700hp. Which is good in case I go forced induction in the future.....

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Steve's a good guy & does good work. You may have been waiting a bit as he finished up the rush for the 1k, but things should back off a bit now & he should get on it. Love this project by the way!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
trophyFJ
Bronco Info: I'm building a FJC with TTB front suspension, 4-link and a Ls3.....came here to do research. Thanks

Post by trophyFJ »

Yeah, I called him today and he said he cranked it out and I should be able to pick it up by friday!

in other news......

..... kinda terrifying and exciting at the same time. Things definitely moving forward. Pretty much the only thing left from the original FJC will be some of the frame rail and the body. New engine and trans should be finished this week...then the real magic begins....

Not that long ago I was picking up groceries in this thing with the AC and radio on.....now....

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Damn it. Man. Going for it!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Mullenix Racing engine stage3 Cam kit going in today. Billet camshaft, double valve springs, Titanium retainers and pushrods. Give the crate LS3 some real bite to go along with its bark. I always dreamed of owning a nasty lumpy V8.

Picked up my fresh 4L80e from culhane, manual valve body, 300m output shaft, 3000rpm lockup TCI billet converter and 4140 billet forward hub. I don't expect to have any driveline issues as this should be enough to handle more than 700hp. Which is good in case I go forced induction in the future.....

300m output shaft,

3000rpm lockup TCI billet converter

All done....loaded headed to vegas to drop it off....

All my life I have been a small bore "momentum" racer. From my teenage years racing 125cc GP bikes in the AMA to more recently racing my 2L 4cyl. BMW track car.... staying off the brakes, high corner speed kinda style become my thing. As much fun as it is getting around much more powerful big bore cars and bikes.... I always secretly lusted after the amazing rumbling American V8 's. I've always wanted a big American V8. Off-road wise, the big fat torque curve of big bore V8 power just makes sense.... what better time than now to realize my lifelong dream. Thanks to my hard work taking my company cinemilled.com and building it to a point where it can help me realize my goals, and thanks to @mullenix_racing_engines for making sure it delivers and exceeds all my expectations. I honestly can hear it idling and revving in my head already.

You gotta hand it to Holly, talk about plug and play! HollyEFI HP programmable engine management computer is a very nice package. Small and sturdy and I look forward to playing with the software interface. The Holly Digital Dash is a amazing alternative to spending thousands on traditional gauges. If you can't afford a Motec EMS and Dash like the big boys use the holly digital dash holds up really well. Superbright low glare custom configurable display, Engine data logging, weatherproof, expandable storage on screen playback of datalog files etc, etc..... for the money there really isn't anyone that comes close.... can't wait to play with it all....

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

On the road to vegas to drop off parts and pick up all the stock parts.... If you need anything....INterior plastic peices....complete engine, transmission, tc, front diff, cv's let me know.

everything going up for sale in the classifieds section soon.

Humm......

DELETE.

Out with the "old" ....

All together.....Engine - transmission (auto) - transfer case

Complete 2010 FJC drivetrain For Sale! 55k miles well maintained and new oil every 6kmiles never had a single problem. 4.0 V6 1GR-FE w/dual VVTI, auto trans 2speed manual transfercase. Complete from airbox to outputshaft. Complete intact wiring harness including ECU&fuse box. Literally drop into your project, plug&play. Or easy swap into your FJC, 4Runner, Tacoma. Contact me if interested. Parts now located in LA (valley). Parts loaded in my trailer so local(ish) delivery even possible. Pickup preferred. DM me or email m3pedro@hotmail.com SPREAD the word Tell a FRIEND!! Great setup someone or race spare for Toyota Tacoma racers...
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

6.2L of fury about to make its new home in the FJ.....now the real work begins. Time to get creative...

Gone is the stock framerail forward of the firewall. Designed new framerails in solidworks (3wall) as this is so much easier than working around teh stock framerail....cutting off all the brakets, cleaning it etc....

Then since the frame rail is in solidworks easy to keep modeling the crossmember abd laying everything out etc, etc, To say Jordan @dertco is doing an amazing job is an understatement.

The crossmember might change a bit once I make the Engine plate and he finds a final position for the motor.

For now 550 (ish) horsepower sits quietly waiting it's turn.

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

37's + uptravel means it was time to break out the sawzall and the plasmacutter. Gone os most of the rear end sheet metal and some of the quarter. Still keeping the framerail but putting a nice notch in there...... so pretty much #backhalfed . Trailer Products fiberglass (Race version/no gas cap) flares will be going over what's left of the side sheet. Not going be your ordinary FJ, not by a mile.....

DELETE !!

Gone is the front body mount (that most have to "chop" to fit large tires) The A-pillar cage downtube now comes down and got boxed into the frame. Providing a super solid foundation for the cage....not to mention nice solid connection to the body.

My wheelbase will be extended from stock, we stretching it as far as it will go in either direction and even with 37's they shouldn't come very close to this area anymore.

Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

this thing is really sick
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Merry Christmas..... to me. The Kings are in....

14" stroke (front) King 2.5 coilovers with Finned reservoirs and 2.5" bumps !! More pieces to the puzzle

Rears are 16" King 2.5 coilovers with Finned reservoirs

and

18" King 3.5 7 tube bypasses. These freaking things are HUGE. The picture dont do it justice.

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Nice!

So are you just going coil-over in the front?
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

No front gets 5 tube bypasses.....forgot to mention.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Bad ass!!!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

This thing is insane!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Thanks for all the messages guys...keeps me going.

I'm going make this happen, and this truck going make me so many more memories for years to come.

I dont think there is a price I would sell it for, honestly.....means that much to me....

I think it's time for an update right?

So....

Jordan designed the "mid plate" so we can finally mount the drivetrain and get this build going.... He designed it in solidworks and since I own my own machining business (cinemilled.com) I can contribute and machine it myself on one of our Haas CNC machines.

Here is a quick video of the mount in our computer as we started to convert the file and write the "machine" file so we could actually cut it in the CNC machine....

@TrophyFJ Ls3 swap engine Mid plate - YouTube

Then.... not too long after....

From solidworks computer file to reality.... I love to see parts to life in my CNC machine.....spent my birthday last week turning the design into this beautiful part. We have a laser engraving machine now at the company and so I had some fun and put the finishing touches on this part that no one will probably ever see again....but I know it's there.

I think it's dead sexy ;)

Finished LS3 "mid plate" for @trophyfj - YouTube

Since I own the CNC machines/shop....this whole exercise only cost me like $10 in aluminium...you can bet we will be making a few more CNC parts for my build.... stay tuned...
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Jordan doing his thing on my rear 10.5 Tundra housing. Previous truss work from the other shop was not going to cut it, so it's gone. We cut it all off.

New one coming together nicely, done properly now...4130 all the way now...

Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Looking good! It's cool you can add your own touch with your own machine shop!
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

The TTB ford beams starting to get the @dertco treatment. ...

I wish I could weld like this....

Yup, TTB beams on an FJ, it's happening.

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

My slightly modified FJ... wonder what is hiding under there? Wanna take a look? ....

It's almost a shame we have to cover it up... Culhane built 4L80e and the Atlas transfer case ....

Super cool to see the mid plate now mounted up and doing its job, yes this means the motor and tranny are finally in....