"TrophyFJ" Build. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

trophyFJ
Bronco Info: I'm building a FJC with TTB front suspension, 4-link and a Ls3.....came here to do research. Thanks

Re: "TrophyFJ" Build. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

Post by trophyFJ »

The engine and beams are in! If it looks like a lot of uptravel, it's because there is. More uptravel than most FJ's have in total!

The benefits of @dertco not compromising and putting things were he wants. The frame rails, crossmember and mounting points have been put in the best place possible to give us a good balance between ride height, uptravel and suspension geometry. First #tuckedtuesday of many ..... now onto radius arms, engine cage and shock mounts etc.....super stoked to finally see it really start to come together. RCV axles giving me the strength and angles needed to make this 4wd travel actually usable......

Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

"TrophyFJ" Build. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

Post by mounty71 »

Man this thing is going to be cool! Puts mine to shame for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

This rig is off the hook. Too freakin' cool! I can't wait to see it in action.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
trophyFJ
Bronco Info: I'm building a FJC with TTB front suspension, 4-link and a Ls3.....came here to do research. Thanks

Post by trophyFJ »

Thanks guys! Been a long slow road but things are starting to roll downhill.

Also...I own a CNC machining business.... so time is being spent in solidworks and we drawing up some goodies for it.

Some that I might start selling to anyone else interested.... once things are farther along I'll post more about that.
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Still looking good!
Bftank
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco 6 inch dick cepek front, deavers in the rear

Post by Bftank »

i love weird stuff like this! and the machine and fabwork is on point! wish i could weld like that too, someday. thanks for the nice comment on my thread!
@outdoorexplorationgear on Instagram, focused on Krustythebronco, building a towrig, creating a prerunner/rockcrawler business.
Stan the Man
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco, trail ready/sand loving.

Post by Stan the Man »

I can't even comprehend what is happening with this thing, but holy smokes is it cool!
Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Re: "TrophyFJ" Buildww. Ls3 powered TTB FJ

Post by Pickuptrucker »

We need to see more progress on this thing
wesjtx
Bronco Info: 1996 EB, Black and Tan

Post by wesjtx »

He updated on IG on August 7th saying he has been designing the rear section of the car and getting stuff from laser cutter. He did build some badass billet trailing arms for it though, pics on IG look cool.

This will be a badass build once its done and in the desert.

Wes
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Thanks guys.... haven't updated this thread in awhile.... but lots have happened in the last 2 years....

To start I had a baby....my first. Also my business slowed down a bit and I have been putting my head down and taking care of business and was able to recover some and get to a point where i can start back on the truck.

Oh yeah got my custom PRP seats just in time for my daughter to take a nap in them

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Acquired more vital parts....

not cutting any corners...Big thanks to Donnie @jamarbrakes for coming thru with these beautiful And amazing 6 piston trophy truck calipers. Hubs and snouts soon be sent out to @currieenterprises who already started fabricating my rear end. No corners being cut here ... goal is to make this truck as capable and bulletproof as I have the resources to do so. Buy once, cry once.....I hope !

Innovate wheels,
As a owner of a CNC machine shop that prides myself in creating new and innovative products for the cinema industry all made right here in California, (we even start with US sourced aluminium @cinemilled) I was super stoked to work with a exciting company that starts with a US sourced wheel forging and then precision machines the wheels also right here in California. Design is on point, the finish on the wheels is impeccable and I’m happy to be supporting another local company that shares the same mentality of high quality, innovative design and making as far as I can tell the best wheel to be out there taking hits and hitting the dirt. #billeteverything thanks for believing in my dream truck and making it stand out even more.

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

This is what happens when you have time on your hands..... you start working on useless but fun things... Driftstick....progress ?! New “pistol grip” added .... thinking I might call it “ #machete “ ....pull to kill tires or roll the truck if your not careful!! Let’s see if I’m brave enough to pull it once this thing is all done ......

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

...and now there is even less of the original FJ left!! @dertco working his magic to make room for the axle to get stuffed. Making history as the first back half’d FJ. Now we’re in deep!! Pretty much engineering a complete new vehicle, in the end a lot of the measurements are pretty close to a built Bronco pre-runner so I expect it to handle pretty close to that ..... it should party pretty strong !

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

More billet!! Stopped by @kibbetech today to pickup some CNC’d caliper mounts and to ogle and drool over @will.heaton “Jeep” is so badass..... there is about as much Jeep left in it as there is Toyota left in my FJ which is to say it is amazing and you can spend an hour looking at it and checking out all the details...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i1RvBL]Image
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Taking the model that @dertco designed and we just adding a few small touches adjusting some chamfers etc... Project #billet4link officially in progress.... it wasn’t until I saw @masonmotorsports new trophy truck and it’s beautiful billet links that I had even thought this was even viable! @andymcmillin31 won Parker this year with the new armada truck so I guess billet links can hold up to his abuse and so I figured why not build the first billet pre-runner links?! This is going be a challenge but in the end it will be worth it....#billeteverything right?....

I added my small @cinemilled logo in there because my hard work and my company is the only reason any of this is even possible. Project #billet4link now moves into next phase.... I wish it was as simple and clicking on “print” maybe someday!! Now it we move out of solid works and into gibbscam where we have to program the tools and the toolpaths and everything to actually machine the part. CNC Machine needs to know what tools to grab and what to do with them. We need to figure out the order of each process and how we going to hold the part in vise as we machine it.... with all the angles going on on this link (like a stealth fighter!) I will need to make some custom soft jaws to hold it....not going be easy..... did I mention this is massive chunk of aluminum? hopefully the final result will be worth it.....#billeteverything right?...what did I get myself into

design officially finished and technical drawing made to aid us during the machining phase. Time to put down the mouse and get our hands dirty. This is by far the largest thing I have ver machined and will be a challenge. In the end it will be a work of art! My kind of art anyway. So I might do a run of these in the future after we beat on them and test them. Anyone interested ?? Let me know I’ll put you on a email list so you can get details as they firm up. #billeteverything
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

That was not cheap.

But there is something so cool about those 4 billets turning into links.

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

Chips are flyin’ drilling the main holes ....

Image[/url]

All 4 billets faced and ends milled down and prep’d so we ready for the next step which is machining all the main thru holes (shock mount and uniballs).

First step is to surface each side of the billet perfectly flat on each of the 4 pieces.... feels kinda like trying to eat an elephant ....where do you even start?

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

One step at a time.... poking the holes for the shock mounts and uniballs ....

trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

First of the deep pockets cut .... a lot of material to remove. Fun to finally get into it...

Image[/url]

Deep pockets .... so to speak... slinging chips!!! All day

Image[/url]

Another late night battling this beast...

Image[/url]
trophyFJ

Post by trophyFJ »

time to make some billet link mounts

Done