The Sexpedition

SC150
Bronco Info: 1989 5spd Cantilevered Bronco

The Sexpedition

Post by SC150 »

So I got engaged and had to sell the Bronco to help fund the damn wedding that's coming up in October. Ended up getting a 2003 4x4 Expedition (Eddie Bauer...no big deal) after I sold the Bronco. Found this thing down in San Diego for a really good price. 140k miles, leather, 3rd row seating. Really clean. Unfortunately, I got the wool pulled over my eyes by a shady seller, but after a bit of work she seems to be pretty reliable. Had some issues getting the registration sorted and then day two of owning it, it started shutting off sporadically. Ended up being a bad fuse panel, which apparently is a super common problem for 2003 and 2004's. Fixed that, threw some 285's on it and a leveling kit and called it a day.

I do very little driving when at home, but she's already made several Mex trips and has been getting the job done just fine. It's really nice to have all the seating or lay em down and have a TON of room. Plans are to keep it as tame as possible, start a new project after the wedding (something TTB, caged, and linked. Fingers crossed.) and use this for trips that don't involve beating the shit out of it in the dirt. I'll probably end up throwing some lights on it, a race radio and possibly a GPS with the internal antenna. Maybe lose the running boards. I was looking into the King OEM replacement coilovers for the front, but I don't think there's anything available for the rear, so I'll probably just leave it alone.

All in all, I'm into it under 6k and it's getting the job done. Hopefully won't be tooo many updates, but figured I'd post it up on here.
Attachments
sexpedition3.jpg
sexpedition3.jpg (63.11 KiB) Viewed 412 times
sexpedition1.jpg
sexpedition1.jpg (52.9 KiB) Viewed 412 times
sexpedition2.jpg
sexpedition2.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 412 times
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Re: The Sexpedition

Post by keenanduran1 »

Link this, TTB, and cage it. Done.