"Gumby" The 67 F100 Prerunner

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: "Gumby" The 67 F100 Prerunner

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

He's a motivated, stand up guy. I'm sure he'll be fine. I seriously can't believe how productive that kid is!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Randyg12
Bronco Info: I have a ford ranger, looking to upgrade to a bronco

Post by Randyg12 »

Really digging this truck
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Started building an exhaust today... I was lucky as all of the bolts came out of the exhaust manifolds without issue. The headers that came with the truck are for a 351M (Clevelands were never offered in trucks) and were supposed to fit, the do not. The driver side fits ok but the passenger hits the starter and frame. Going to fit a later model gear reduction starter tomorrow and attempt to clearance the transmission, headers, and frame. I'll post photos tomorrow.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

My old 67, and that's the same name it was given. It had a 428 Cobra Jet Motor and it hauled azz.
Attachments
web pic.jpg
web pic.jpg (129.34 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

First, got the headers on, it was quite a chore. The manifolds came right off without a issue but it appears the engine is about 2" forward of stock. This required the crossmember on the right side to be trimmed quite a bit. Moving the engine back would require transmission crossmember modification and drive line shortening, so that idea wasn't feasible at the moment.

Second, I also installed a late model PMGR starter to create clearance and improve reliability. When the truck get rewired I will remove the firewall mounted solenoid.

Last, I replaced the springs in the door hinges as one was worn out and the other non existent.

Tomorrow I will start running tubing back and create an X pipe or H pipe to connect the dual exhaust. Driveline, crossmember, and other items make the X pipe unlikely.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Been working my butt off trying to get this thing ready for the Fast Aid Poker Run this weekend in Parker.

Just received a ton of stuff from my friends at SDHQ Offroad just in time to get installed on this thing. Got a Lowerance Point 1 Baja antenna for my Globalmap 7300CHD, two fire extinguishers, two extinguisher mounts, Mastercraft 5 point belts, and a Pro Eagle Jack and mount.

Exhaust is almost done, been mounting a Motorola Maratrac radio, Lowrance GPS, fire extinguishers, and making sure cables and hoses are all secured away from hot and spiny things.

Right now I am waiting on some brackets my friend Ray at Rayzor Sharp CNC Plasmacuts is making for me.

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

What's the hole in the dash for Philo
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

That is where the GPS is going....
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Installed a new pair of Deka Intimidator batteries, Motorola Maratrac radio, Vertex 4200, and GPS wiring.

The Maratrac was having a squelch issue so I installed the Vertex as a backup. I will eventually mount it in the dash in the DIN slot. The spot behind the console is just temporary for this weekend. The battery hold downs are also temp until the machines pieces show up.

Next up is to order some sound deadening material for the interior. Leaning toward FatMat right now.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Looks good can't wait to check it out in person this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Put about 250 dirt miles on the truck this weekend at the Fast Aid poker run. No issues other than the hood pins came loose! Whoever installed them didn't use lock nuts or weld the bottom nut to the tab on the radiator support. Due to this the hood popped up while I was doing about 60MPH on a power line road... a pucker moment to say the least. Surprisingly the hood was not damaged, just the hood hinges.

I had a great time and now I have a solid list of what needs to be addressed before I use it to prerun the 500.

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Looking good, Philo. Except for the center console... the same one my Bronco had. I hated those "cup holders". They were more light cup ripper overers... just tall enough to turn your drink upside down under any kind of braking turning... pretty much any kind of driving.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Love the truck. It looks like a chunk of the rear passenger side fiberglass got taken out? Was it from the tires? I love the 39's...

David...
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:Looking good, Philo. Except for the center console... the same one my Bronco had. I hated those "cup holders". They were more light cup ripper overers... just tall enough to turn your drink upside down under any kind of braking turning... pretty much any kind of driving.
Yes. They suck. Going to take a hole saw to them and use 92-96 or after market inserts.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
philofab
Basura Blanca

Re:

Post by philofab »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Love the truck. It looks like a chunk of the rear passenger side fiberglass got taken out? Was it from the tires? I love the 39's...

David...

The tire and glass had contact from everything flexing around. The heim on the wishbone came loose that that may be part of it too. The glass will be getting replaced with wider stuff when I convert the rear housing to a full floater.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Truck is looking great Philo, cant wait to see it!
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

It's pretty rad and has tons of potential. Sounds good too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Little update on Gumby...

I bent the drive line due to an interference issue with a carrier bearing mount that was never removed. I dropped the drive line off at Adam's Driveshaft in Las Vegas to get it repaired and a spare made. Unfortunately it has 1310 joints so the spare will have to wait until I get the yoke changed out as I'd like to upgrade to 1350 joints with a companion flange on the rear end. I declined on upgrading at this point since I plan to use the truck in Mexico next week. Upgrades normally take longer than expected and if anything deviated from plan I'd miss my target date. Adam's is going to retube the driveline and install solid u-joints (no zerk) for me.

I also plan to replace the front beams with 1" Kingpin units and upgrade the rear to a full floater. After thinking about it, I plan to install 3/4 ton front hubs and a Corporate 14 bolt rear end from a van. The rear end will pretty much be plug and play minus putting a spool in it and 70" WMS to WMS. After the spool, disk brakes, and shaving the bottom I don't think I'll be far off a built 9" weight wise. This will also allow me to share spare wheels and tires with my Dodge.

Some sound deadening showed up today so I am going to work on quieting the inside of the cab down a bit.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Sounds Cool. Just a quick question, what was the reasoning on Solid U-joint versus ones with zerk fittings?
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Sounds Cool. Just a quick question, what was the reasoning on Solid U-joint versus ones with zerk fittings?
They are stronger. Also, the zerks have no benefit as I never get under the truck and lube anything.