F150/exploder

sirhk100
Bronco Info: f150, 2wd, bumper to bumper caged

F150/exploder

Post by sirhk100 »

Picked up a project a little over a year ago that needed finished up. It's had a few different lives. Some of you older people in the scene may remember some of this from a decade ago...

Fast forward a couple owners later, a couple motor/drivetrain swaps later, a complete ground up rebuild and a few headaches and it's looking more like some variation of this now...

Yes, I have a hood and fenders for it. I'm holding off on mounting them till I get another donor F150 to pull the grill and lights off along with a small list of other things that makes it worth my while to just buy another complete truck with like a blown engine for dirt cheap to strip down.

Stats wise, 2.5" coilovers and 3.5" bypass all around. 21" front, 29" rear, 6.0L Chevy Lq9. Culhane built 4l80. 6.0s in the rear. Sits on 35's. Pretty simple build. Short term, need to fix the rear link geometry, fix a couple seeping shocks, Building an enclosed storage area under the rear spares and fixing a big list of small items that I've still got from my new truck blues learning experience.

A lot on here know it and know me from other forums but figured I'd post up pics (some that I probably haven't posted before elsewhere even...) here finally since it is more of a fullsize Ford forum. For those that don't know me, I also have a mini bronco too...

Okay, not really a mini bronco but you get the idea...

Khris
sirhk100

Re: F150/exploder

Post by sirhk100 »

Oh, and the F150 was rolled in it's previous life too, hence the cab colors changing from it's early pictures to my current ones.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Loving both trucks!! The rear glass on the exploder is really clean!!
sirhk100

Post by sirhk100 »

The expo has widened beams, 12" coilovers and bumps up front, beams and radius arms are on rod end/uniball pivots. Rear is nationals, some shackles, 12" three tube bypasses. 4.56 gears, lockers front and rear, sits on 35's. Manual trans, manual t-case. That's the basics on it...
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

F150/exploder

Post by cs_drums »

Love the f150! I am planning on starting a build very similar to yours. Not gonna move fast but I love the reg cab F150!

I have a complete header grill and headlight bezels if you interest. Let me know. Trade or cash
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

F150/exploder

Post by Andy Jones »

Damn !!! I haven't seen this truck, since ROR days !! Lol
Welcome to GFB...
sirhk100

Post by sirhk100 »

There's not much left of it from those days.

Trade... What by chance do you need? Rear bedsides? misc autometer gauges, old belts, 6 lug wheels, random toyota parts, baja designs linear actuator,
sirhk100

Post by sirhk100 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGSmq2Chzk

Yes, the battery is secured now and the tire rack is on the list to fix.