Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Re: 98 Forest Green Expedition

Post by otter »

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:I see the ultimate expedition (the activity, not the car) vehicle in your future... roof top tent, fridge, canopy. The works!

ARB fridge, pop up tent.....water, fuel etc etc! Yup, I'm a fan of the overlanders
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I see you found the only other one done up pat. The glass looks awful though, here's a front view:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.17 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

Haha. Yes the glass does not look good. But I went over and over this thing trying to decide between building my wife's or buying a bronco. I love the way they look and the size. I just hated the one we had. Maybe one day I we do one up.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I don't think that glass is much worse than the stuff you posted Robert. Both look like crap from the front to me. The one above at least looks good from an angle. The white one you posted just doesn't do much for me.

Then again a simple pair of glassworks fenders looks good on these.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

otter wrote:Haha. Yes the glass does not look good. But I went over and over this thing trying to decide between building my wife's or buying a bronco. I love the way they look and the size. I just hated the one we had. Maybe one day I we do one up.
Buy a Sequoia. They're like Expeditions except better in every way! Hehehe! The Expedition isn't a bad car as long as it's been cared for.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Steve I just think it looks like it sat in the sun too long and started to melt lol I like flat top fenders and square chiseled look, I can't stand tt bed sides on most trucks. I guess the ranger kids killed it for me. If that glass was more straight across vs the frown look I'd like it more.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The problem is these trucks are no where near square Robert. They don't really lend themselves to the flat tops like '96 & earlier did.

I too hate the "TT" besides with a passion. So useless on 99.99% of the stuff. I also hate all the crazy louvers & BS added now-a-days. BUT, out of the 2 styles posted I definitely like the latter a bit better. I think the overall build & TT style bumper help it, but also the grille seems better to me, and I pretty much always hate the cheesy fiberglass grilles.

Plus it doesn't seem like Tony is doing a ton to this truck (for now!) so it doesn't really matter anyway. '01-'03 front end would be a minor update giving it some cool looks.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Yeah... Tony also said 3" lift and 31's was good enough for his XJ.... its ended up caged, bumped, long armed, 33's, etc. hahaha
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Exactly. That's why the "for now" was included. We all know how things tend to snowball around here.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Snowball effect is all on the Bronco. Went in for a simple y pipe swap, now it is getting a new locker, new gears, full rear end servicing, water pump, timing chain, and transfer case rebuild..........
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Yoko 33" ATS and Lightning style headlights with retrofits.

Madmaxwell87
Bronco Info: White 1993 5.8l XLT

Post by Madmaxwell87 »

Looks good. I can't remember if you said or not but gonna keep the stock wheels?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Madmaxwell87 wrote:Looks good. I can't remember if you said or not but gonna keep the stock wheels?

Yes I sure am. I love that wheel (I know most folks don't) I actually have a spare set too, the original owner had two sets of wheels, one for snow. I need to sell those.
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

What do you use the pink princess mirror for? How did the new ride do on your Mexico trip?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:What do you use the pink princess mirror for? How did the new ride do on your Mexico trip?

It's a frisbee not a mirror, and soon enough you will know what to use it for. Haha.
For the record my princess mirror is purple.

Truck did awesome to Mexico. 500 miles round trip and didn't miss a beat. AC both ways with the jams bumping. Nothing squeaks or rattles in this thing. Amazing to me how quiet it is. Yokohama also performed great. Very quiet on the highway. All in all win!
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

You get a chance to try the 4 wheel drive?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:
SteveG wrote:I see the ultimate expedition (the activity, not the car) vehicle in your future... roof top tent, fridge, canopy. The works!

ARB fridge, pop up tent.....water, fuel etc etc! Yup, I'm a fan of the overlanders
Maybe we need to start planning a go-slow, family overland trip? Imagine all the stuff you can fit in the Expedition... tailgating and camping at it's finest!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:
tcm glx wrote:

Maybe we need to start planning a go-slow, family overland trip? Imagine all the stuff you can fit in the Expedition... tailgating and camping at it's finest!

I think you may be on to something......
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

We LOVED Death Valley and would be totally up for going again. You know I love me some go-fast, but exploring ghost towns, mines and such with the family is just as good!

Let's plan a GFB ghost town trip.