65 Ford Falcon Squire Wagon

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: 65 Ford Falcon Squire Wagon

Post by SteveG »

ntsqd wrote:What ever happened with this car?
Still have it and drive it. A few months ago, I drove it 14 hours to Oregon, towing a trailer with 2 Honda ATC 70 and one Yamaha YT60 (three-wheelers for you youngin’s!) race bikes. To race them 100 miles... but that’s another story!

Before the drive, I replaced the front sway bar with a larger diameter bar from Hellwig. I can’t even describe what a difference this made. This car has always driven great, and I’ve put A TON of miles on it, but it is absolutely a different car now... night and day difference. I also have a rear and intended to install it before the drive, but the way I lowered the back (blocks), prohibited it... will have to update the rear before adding installing it.

Second was KC Hilites LED conversion headlights. Again, night and day! I never had a problem with stock Halogen replacements, but this was another off the charts update.

Again, this car was already great and fun to drive and I had no problems keeping up with traffic, but on that particular trip, I was easily passing traffic, towing a trailer, in the rain, in a 53 year old car with a straight-6 and 4 wheel drums... fun? Yup!

I don’t know how many of you are on instagram but that’s typical where I share my shenanigans lately. @gfb_steve

Internet at the house sucks, so posting photos would take forever. I’ll circle back and post some directly when I have better service.

For now, here’s a few links you can check out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxhp6ovgnIh ... q2832x8t4y

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxiUVArg2K3 ... qkw1jpr15w

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxp6JQngzdC ... lytmrr2chu
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

Looks like somewhere near Bend, OR.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ntsqd wrote:Looks like somewhere near Bend, OR.
Prineville!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

I cheated. I spent my whole summers from '70 to '81 in Powell Butte. To get to Prineville from the 97 you probably drove thru Powell Butte and in doing so you drove right past the house my grandparents built. Did my first driving anywhere on their ~1/4 mile long driveway.....
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.