65 Ford Falcon Squire Wagon

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

65 Ford Falcon Squire Wagon

Post by SteveG »

It's home!

I've always been a fan of wagons and recently have gotten the bug to drive something old again. Technology is great and all, but there's something therapeutic about driving the old stuff. I looked at a few Falcon wagons in person and a lot on the web and figured out that most of them are rusted to hell. I'm super happy with the condition of the car. Aside from the hideous HAND BRUSHED primer, the body is in pretty darn good shape for what it is.

The drivetrain is a stock 200 straight six and a C-4.

The plan is a simple daily driver... clean up the interior, make it mechanically sound then throw some solid (stroke-free) primer on it for now. The last thing I want is a super-nice car that I'm afraid to drive and park.

I also have to give Ollie credit for that little push that I needed to do this. If it wasn't for our multiple conversations about getting some old rides and had he not bought his truck, I would have kept on just talking about it every once in a while and driving the crap that I already had. Thanks, Ollie, I'm stoked!

All I have is a cell phone picture for now.
Attachments
65 Squire (10)-2.jpg
65 Squire (10)-2.jpg (118.56 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: 1965 Ford Falcon Squire Wagon

Post by SteveG »

Here's some inspiration. I REALLY dig the way the Torque-Thrust wheels look on it.
Attachments
FlatBlackFalcon.jpg
FlatBlackFalcon.jpg (58.52 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

The AG Cruiser! Pretty cool.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Obviously, this one is insanely cool, but it's WAAAAAAAYYYYYY nicer than anything I can afford to or even want to build at this point. Still, great for inspiration.
Attachments
63 Falcon Squire (1)-2.jpg
63 Falcon Squire (1)-2.jpg (102.88 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:The AG Cruiser! Pretty cool.
Thanks! And a big thanks to you and Brian for the help! It was good to see you guys.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Here are some more pics of the green one. http://www.streetrodderweb.com/features ... to_06.html
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Cruisin the boulevard with yo homies at the Huckfest....priceless. Haha! Saweeet new ride Steve. Love how she smells. Brings back memories of my childhood.
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: 1965 Ford Falcon Squire Wagonrecovered

Post by johncharlesb »

Nice car. Rust free is definitely the way to go. Are you going wood grain Country Squire with that beauty?

Or maybe...
Attachments
The_GREAT_SPY_Racing_team.jpg
The_GREAT_SPY_Racing_team.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

johncharlesb wrote:Nice car. Rust free is definitely the way to go. Are you going wood grain Country Squire with that beauty?

Or maybe...
We tried talking him into linking the rear and putting a bent beam kit on the front, but he's not going for it.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

The racer looks cool! But, I'm trying to get away from the desert-induced headaches with this ride.

I'm not sure on the wood grain yet. As far as I know the wood grain is no longer available. The wood grain on the green one above was airbrushed... something I can't do or afford to pay for.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

Yeah, I was just kidding around. Yesterday I went through the rdc old school files for the classic desert cars and that was in there.

They were doing wood grain on HGTV with a paintbrush. You're fortunate the previous owner did not see that episode.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Throw some cheap paint on it, some new tires and steel wheels, and have a good time. Let me know if you need any glass for it. My cousin has a glass shop in the bay area and specializes in old cars.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Cool score Steve! If you don't end up doing the wood grain do a 2 tone paint with that center area a contrasting color.

Personally I like a medium dark metallic blue car with a silver middle section.

Damn this brings me back to my old search of looking for a 65 nova wagon. 2 door of course ;)
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
poolman
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.

Post by poolman »

You have to go Wood grain and surf board rack on it! My day had a Ranchero when we were kids
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I really, REALLY like the look of the roof racks on these. It just completes the package. The seller has one that he says he might not use. If it ends up for sale I'll need to figure out if I'm man enough to drill holes in the non-rusted roof. I don't think I am.

I took it to lunch just now. I think the first upgrade definitely needs to be a cup holder.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:I really, REALLY like the look of the roof racks on these. It just completes the package. The seller has one that he says he might not use. If it ends up for sale I'll need to figure out if I'm man enough to drill holes in the non-rusted roof. I don't think I am.

I took it to lunch just now. I think the first upgrade definitely needs to be a cup holder.
So it runs and drives ok? Any engine shots of that glorious six?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Throw some cheap paint on it, some new tires and steel wheels, and have a good time.
That's basically the plan. Originally I wanted some nice larger diameter aluminum wheels. Something old-school looking but in a larger diameter. I dig the wheel/tire combo on the black one above. But, the hub caps are kind of growing on me. If nothing else, they buy me time before I need to drop coin on wheels.

I'm not sure what I want to do about paint. Have you ever "scuffed" new paint to give it a weathered look?
philofab wrote:Let me know if you need any glass for it. My cousin has a glass shop in the bay area and specializes in old cars.
Thanks. All the glass is in pretty good shape. The windshield is scratched but I'm not worried about it.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:So it runs and drives ok? Any engine shots of that glorious six?
It drives great. Straight and no (scary) noises. The engine runs a lot better than I expected and makes decent power. The carb needs some work, but it's getting better the more I drive it. Even the brakes which the seller said were pretty bad are not that bad. It takes two pumps to get it to grab well, but it doesn't change lanes or even pull. It probably just needs an adjustment. So far I'm very happy with the car.

I'll try to take some better pictures of it soon.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Well I got the brakes adjusted and the car stops great. Front discs was going to be one of the first things I wanted to save money for, but it feels good enough that it's been pushed to the back burner. I took it on the freeway too and had no problems. The engine runs good and didn't sound like it was going to grenade... bonus!
Attachments
IMG_1457-2.jpg
IMG_1457-2.jpg (97.23 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
IMG_1468-2.jpg
IMG_1468-2.jpg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

A few interior shots. I gave it a quick vacuuming and wipe down and it's looking pretty good. One of these days I'll take the carpet out and give it a good washing. I can't believe how intact the carpet is.
Attachments
IMG_1464-2.jpg
IMG_1464-2.jpg (183.44 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
IMG_1463-2.jpg
IMG_1463-2.jpg (167.55 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
IMG_1461-2.jpg
IMG_1461-2.jpg (131.74 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG