My VERY mild DD

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

My VERY mild DD

Post by cs_drums »

It pretty night and day compared to stock. Mine is pretty firm 2-3 but very firm 1-2.
F1Brendan
Bronco Info: It's a non Bronc! the bronco's larger cousin with a bed, a 95 f1

Re: My VERY mild DD

Post by F1Brendan »

What version are you running? Considering I'm running his most mild, and it'll still hit pretty hard from time to time and almost leap forward
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

If you had Trans problems before the punisher then I'm sure it would make the problems more apparent. Sounds like you should have addressed the Trans before adding performance parts to it.
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

I wouldn't neccessarily call them "problems" as much as me being really picky and hypersensitive. The truck never exhibited more than the occasional slightly firm 1-2 and a firm reverse engagement. From what I'd heard, pretty normal occurrences on the e4od. After pulling codes, replacing every sensor, changing fluid and filter, the issues became quite minimal and I assumed a new valve body could alleviate some of the small quirky shift characteristics caused by a slightly sticky valve or something maybe (Paul's have done so for multiple people). I don't know, I assumed that at most I'd add some more life to the transmission. It's still shifting when it should, and engagements aren't insanely hard by any stretch of the imagination.
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

What does everyone run for atf? Sorry for all the mainenance questions, but on forums I've found a lot of people who don't like synthetic blends, like the valvoline max life I'm using (dextron/mercon; mercon LV compatible) thanks!
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

Anyone wanna help me out? There's a plug on the drivers side of the master cylinder with 4 wires, all of my wires are connected, except for a light green one that goes to no where. It's not the darker green one with a stripe, but a plain lighter green one. Can anyone help me out as to where it's supposed to go? Thanks!
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

IIRC, isn't that the cruise control cutoff switch harness?
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

I have no idea to be honest, this is what I'm dealing with

Had some updates too actually. Brand new rebuilt 8.8 with 4.56s and a new posi since the guts of the rear end I bought were absolute trash. Couple pics too because she's pretty

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

That is the brake fluid level warning harness.

Truck looks awesome!
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

Thanks dude! Your bronco looks killer too! I'm jealous of that hood for sure..

Have any idea if that bright green wire should be hooked up to something though?
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

Thanks man. It was a very lucky score at LeDuc!

IIRC that harness should only have 3 wires. I'll check my bronco manana for you. But, it looks like the previous owner may have routed that wire through the loom.
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

i checked it out and followed the loom and the wire taps straight into the bottom of the fuse box just like the other three, so I'm alittle stumped
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

Could bad spindle bearings be giving me some noise from the front end even in 2wd?
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

My VERY mild DD

Post by Tchajagos »

Spindle bearings as in the wheel bearings that are turning in 2wd and in 4wd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tchajagos

My VERY mild DD

Post by Tchajagos »

Jack Up that side of the truck and spin the tire. See if it's making noise aside from the rotor moving through the caliper. What kind of noise? Squealing? Squeak? Grinding?

F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

Tchajagos wrote:Jack Up that side of the truck and spin the tire. See if it's making noise aside from the rotor moving through the caliper. What kind of noise? Squealing? Squeak? Grinding?

Truck has brand new timken wheel bearings, ball joints, calipers, pads, radius arm bushings, ttb mount bushings, etc. literally everything integral to tightening up that front end, but it sounds almost as if I have a bad front wheel bearing, and the noise changes when I hit bumps, and it's accompanied by a little clunk at times. It's not rear wheel bearings or anything either, whole rear end is 100% new.

So the wheel bearings(constantly turning ones) aren't the issue. I mean the spindle bearings, the ones the the axle slides through and spins on. I've noticed recently that the manual hub mechanism is difficult to line up with the hub body and the axle, basically drivers side splined portion of the outer axle is misaligned. Curious if the spindle bearing could be bad, causing some play in the axle shaft and not letting it align? And maybe that's putting pressure on things/ clunking on bumps? I'm not sure honestly.
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

And one more thing, I can feel it. Like just the slightest in the floorboards, I can feel the noise, if I could describe it a certain way, the best I can do is say it's kinda grainy feeling and intermittent, but slightly that I can just barely notice it's there
Tchajagos

My VERY mild DD

Post by Tchajagos »

In 2wd the axle shouldn't be spinning and nothing that is spinning will be contacting the axle unless you have auto hubs. I don't even think these trucks have a spindle bearing. Not from the ones I've pulled apart.

F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

That's what I thought, these trucks do have spindle bearings though. They're needle bearings that press into the backside of the spindle itself. Not the knuckle, but the spindle. I can imagine that if its worn, it could cause some play. I remember reading on a thread too how someone's camber bushings had so much adjustment, that the angle they put the knuckle at out weird stress on the hub and causing some damage.
F1Brendan

Post by F1Brendan »

In an attempt to make this thing alittle nicer to camp in, started fixing up the shell alittle. New third brake light and all new molding to get it air and water tight again, and then devised a way to throw in some clean, simple little curtains. All stuff I picked up cheap from target and the fabric I got from a fabric shop that's going out of business for $8! Have extra so I can rig up the back hatch with a curtain too. Used the existing bolts in the shell Windows to mount the brackets, some trick little clips for the curtains, bent up some little brackets and bungee cords as ties. Super stoked on it and worked great in bodega, Pic dump for anyone who camps in their shell and might dig the idea! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage