Bronco Info: 96 bronco in the strarting

Re: Coueshunter Lightning build

Post by Coueshunter »

Next up, suspension.......
Coueshunter

Post by Coueshunter »

Cleaned her up today and she actually looks quite nice...... My daughter loves to help too... she would live in the garage with me if she could...

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Way cool seeing your daughter armor all the tires!!!
Coueshunter

Post by Coueshunter »

This truck had some lettering at one time advertising the guys pinstripe business. He also had checkered flag graphics on the back. two remove them sand paper was taken to the bed. It was hideous. The sand paper I can fix, the graphics however where the checkered flag was the pinstriper want to be bladed down to bare metal when taping them off so as you can see in one pic you will always see it till I sand the bed down (this will happen sooner then later I just have to learn how to do that)

SO heres the before, the rough cut and polish.... I have to wax it still to but I am going to do the entire truck over the next couple days.

before

Rough cut

polished

before

rough cut

polished

cut in checkered flag on rear bed sides

My next task will be to sand this paint down. Get rid of the flames, lightly scuff it up fill in the scratches and make it factory looking. Any tips? pointers? tools needed? I plan to practice on the bedsides then do the hood and doors. The front and rear fenders will be fiberglass and possibly the hood so I only really need to get rid of the flames on the cab area before paint.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

One of my Broncos I bought had painted on pinstripes. At first I tried scraping them with a razorblade but that is really hard to control and not gouge. I had a blank HSS lathe tool bit so I tried that using one of the long edges. It worked great because you can set one side of the steel flat against the body and draw it along the stripe. It scrapes 95% of the stripe off in one clean pass. The smaller bits came off with a little polish. The scraper works best on convex or flat body panels sections of course. Radius the ends of the tool bit a little to keep the ends from digging.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Any updates?