Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Post by Nick »

You guys had some pretty good runs.
jkrell
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside

Post by jkrell »

16 races, 15 wins, and one epic crash by yours truly....it was a good run indeed. Lots of fun and great memories.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

SteveG wrote:FYI, the 4.7 can be problematic.
How so Steve... Mom is coming up on 90k miles on the 4.7 H.O. ... no major issues yet
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Jon, your jeep is BA and hope you get it back someday. Saw Billy B in the black jeep at the recent MORE Lucerne Valley race and was hoping he had entered, but just playin' around I guess. The killer Kia must have skeered him off....haha
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I had one as well. I'll try to find a pic.

Check out this one here (if you haven't already seen it).

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =19&t=3994
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Gotta Jeep its an 06 Rubi LJ. Its OK but it was not trail ready when I bought it even tho is was built up. Stock stuff breaks very easy. Especially when one is used to a Bronco.
Better choice would be the 4dr JK which is better than any Cherokee of any variety. Newer is better.
Of course the choice depends on the intended use. If one is new to Jeeps look for the ones with at least D44s
Attachments
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG (109.01 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

PaulW wrote:Gotta Jeep its an 06 Rubi LJ. Its OK but it was not trail ready when I bought it even tho is was built up. Stock stuff breaks very easy. Especially when one is used to a Bronco.
Better choice would be the 4dr JK which is better than any Cherokee of any variety. Newer is better.
Of course the choice depends on the intended use. If one is new to Jeeps look for the ones with at least D44s
Wouldn't 100% agree with that. I sat and watched a 4 door JK Rubi on 35's stack rocks in Johnson Valley going up a ledge I walked up in my open/open XJ on 33's. haha
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:
PaulW wrote:Gotta Jeep its an 06 Rubi LJ. Its OK but it was not trail ready when I bought it even tho is was built up. Stock stuff breaks very easy. Especially when one is used to a Bronco.
Wouldn't 100% agree with that. I sat and watched a 4 door JK Rubi on 35's stack rocks in Johnson Valley going up a ledge I walked up in my open/open XJ on 33's. haha

I seem to remember you doing a lot of stuff in that XJ open/open.....even on 31s. Jeje
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Silverslk wrote:
==========
I have seen the same thing where new is not the answer. Like I said depends on the intended use. 35s and 37s are often just cosmetic. It is true that the vintage stuff is pretty good and a stock new one can be do the rocks pretty good based on my experience. 35s are not the answer for any vehicle. Sometimes it has to do with the driver. Check the specs on the JK and compare with vintage stuff. Compare WB and Hp to start with.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

BTW, I wheel with some really great XJs and they do better than my LJ. Driver or specs?? Both use the same motor. WB is close.
I would rather have a 4 door and newer would be better for me.

I will tell you for sure low power and 2 doors suck. H.ave to find a JK to fix that
RiversideRedneck
Bronco Info: 1980 bronco that my uncle bought new in '79, he passed in 01 and my aunt gave it to me in 2012!

Post by RiversideRedneck »

PaulW wrote:BTW, I wheel with some really great XJs and they do better than my LJ. Driver or specs?? Both use the same motor. WB is close.
I would rather have a 4 door and newer would be better for me.

I will tell you for sure low power and 2 doors suck. H.ave to find a JK to fix that
Low power is the best, pair it up with low gears. And youll go all over the place.
I grew up in the back seat of a samurai wheelin with v8 Jeeps. Most of the time my dads lil Sammy went more places,
It does have a few things done to it but nothing radical, SPOA, body lift, 33's, lockers, 4:56's, 6.5:1 t case gears, and a sidekick 1600 FI.

With the right setup, and most importantly the right driver you can go places you wouldn't believe.
BTW, i have a soft spot for LJ's, something about a long wheelbase 2 door wrangler...