93 F1 Flareside

jkrell
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside

Re: 93 F1 Flareside

Post by jkrell »

Got the rear suspension patched up and back on the ground, everything seems okay just needs some limit straps and should ready to run. I also got the hood mounted and some lights bolted on the front bumper. Need to find some paint quick as white fiberglass drives me nuts!

The tank patch was a little tricky but not too bad, haven't installed it yet as the sealer direction calls for 96 hour dry time so I'll have to get to that next time.

Also got some fancy new lights from Tony which i'm looking forward to getting installed as well.

Anybody need a stock black hood? Free if somebody wants to come by and pick it up.
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

dtbback wrote:
Can I have more info on the custom 2.5" leafs?
Designed by Kris, owner of shockseals.com for his bronco. Made by Betts. Any additional information you'll have to get from him as I don't have more details. Not sure if he would get any more made, but maybe, you will have to check with him.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

jkrell wrote:Got the rear suspension patched up and back on the ground, everything seems okay just needs some limit straps and should ready to run. I also got the hood mounted and some lights bolted on the front bumper. Need to find some paint quick as white fiberglass drives me nuts!

The tank patch was a little tricky but not too bad, haven't installed it yet as the sealer direction calls for 96 hour dry time so I'll have to get to that next time.

Also got some fancy new lights from Tony which i'm looking forward to getting installed as well.

Anybody need a stock black hood? Free if somebody wants to come by and pick it up.

Looking good!!! Stances looks just right. Now some 35s!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Got the tank installed tonight and few gallons in it. Seems like it will work out okay.

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Looks awesome!
Eric the Red Robin
Bronco Info: 1996 Red 351 E4od Plan to be Geoff'd and plenty of engine work for the go fast part

Post by Eric the Red Robin »

Those wheels you have are oem castings from Ford. I have seen old class 8 trucks from when Ivan Stewart drove a step side Ford running those. They are strong, and and have the effect of a beadlock because they are narrow, and tuck the sidewall of the tire. Only problem you will notice when running 35s on them is that they will rub the radius arm and your turning radius on an extended cab will be more like a crewcab longbed. I've been running them for years, and love Em. Can't get the photos of my Bronco to load.
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Thanks for the feedback Eric! Curios on your turning radius and radius arm rubbing info. Do you know if the offset on these wheels is different than the Alcoa bronco wheels?

I've actually been sorta impressed with the turning radius of my truck, it's only on 33" right now and it runs the Camburg radius arms a little at full lock but it's better than I thought it would be.

I'm thinking I may widen the front end an inch or so per side eventually which will help the radius arm rubbing concern with 35" tires.
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

I got the truck painted up, longer shackle installed, and limit straps in there the last couple weeks. 7" eye to eye shackle was the max that would fit with hanger in stock location, I had to trim a bed support rib to wedge that in there. Seems like it leveled things out pretty good. Hoping to take it out this weekend to shake it down and see what I've got.

jkrell

Post by jkrell »

O yea, and I got a new heater core installed too and seems like everything with cooling system is a-ok. Still seems crazy that is what caused the weird cooling issues.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Looks awesome!!! I'm loving the factory side steps. I really want to find a pair of them for my bronco.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

She's looking great, Jon!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Good run around Johnson valley yesterday. About 50 miles in the dirt and everything felt solid. F1 is going to need some additional setup work, front end a bit harsh and the back seems springy. But we'll work on it. Overall really happy with it.
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Not sure if this link will work but here is some poor man helicopter footage. Rear definitely needs some work.

http://youtu.be/PYcBGugdyRw
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

Looking good!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Home Depot runner got a tire upgrade. I went with the km2's as I've always had good luck and have been happy with bfg's. They are a lot quieter than I was expecting on the street. Now I just need some gears!

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Truck looks outstanding!
F1Brendan
Bronco Info: It's a non Bronc! the bronco's larger cousin with a bed, a 95 f1

Post by F1Brendan »

Seriously man, truck looks great! I've never been a fan of flaresides but this truck all came together great. There's a black extended cab flareside for sale near me, gives me ideas..
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

Looks killer with the new shoes!!! More pics!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

As requested....hard to snap a decent picture of a black truck it seems. Tonight's sunset seemed to help. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

jkrell

93 F1 Flareside

Post by jkrell »

Ambulance steering with chromoly sleeve. Hopefully will hold up for a while.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/ ... 7FB586.jpg