93 F1 Flareside

jkrell
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside

93 F1 Flareside

Post by jkrell »

I bought Nick's Bronco a while back and its been great to have and work on, but I decided I need a pickup so i've been on the look out for a while and found this guy today. 114k miles, 5.8, auto, REALLY clean.

Plan is for stock width front, i've got solo engine cage and dirt logic coilover/bypass/bump off of shockseals kris' bronco. Rear bypass under bed and bump stop with custom leaf pack. Planning keep the front tank and put in the 38 gallon rear tank for good fuel capacity. Hopefully will be a good multi purpose prerunner and home depot runner.

Also, i'm planning to sell bronco, if anybody is interested hit me up. I'll try to put up some pics and details of recent work on the truck in the next week or so.

And if anybody has any good F1 tips/ideas i'm all ears!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: 93 F1 Flareside

Post by tcm glx »

Diggin the flare side, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Any more pics of those wheels? What are they?
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Not sure on wheels.. Looks like a factory Ford stamp on inside... Anybody know anything about these? Tough enough for off-road and 35" tires or do I need to switch to Alcoa. I'll get a better pic up later today.
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

Looks like a super clean truck. I love the step sides. Wish I could have found one. Looking forward to see the progress.
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

That looks like a nice truck. Good find. As far as tips, I'll just leave these here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605093.638919.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605093.638919.jpg (288.4 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605078.355465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605078.355465.jpg (146.21 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SO I almost asked why the seats weren't offered up with the bronco & now I know. DIG this truck. Looking forward to seeing the build!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Cool truck Squirl, BUT i'm definitely not going that route. The primary goal is to keep an open bed so I can actual haul stuff when I need too. Was actually wondering today, if I keep the stock fuel tank situation would I have room to mount the 35" spare under the tank where the stock spare tire is so I could keep the bed completely free.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

jkrell wrote:Was actually wondering today, if I keep the stock fuel tank situation would I have room to mount the 35" spare under the tank where the stock spare tire is so I could keep the bed completely free.
Pretty positive it's a no. If I remember right it's 34" between the inside C portion of the frame rails
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

squirelmurphy wrote:That looks like a nice truck. Good find. As far as tips, I'll just leave these here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605078.355465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404605093.638919.jpg
Great, now I need to find a new bed. This thing is beautiful!
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Love this!!
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Here's the pile of shocks i'm hoping to put on one of these days. The Front should be pretty straight forward I think with the solo shock mounts (has anybody used their shock mounts on f150, i'm assuming same as bronco?). The rear will take a bit more figuring.

With a baby and a 7 month pregnant wife this build isn't going to happen quick but hopefully I can get this stuff done over the next year.
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

jkrell wrote:Cool truck Squirl, BUT i'm definitely not going that route. The primary goal is to keep an open bed so I can actual haul stuff when I need too. Was actually wondering today, if I keep the stock fuel tank situation would I have room to mount the 35" spare under the tank where the stock spare tire is so I could keep the bed completely free.
jkrell wrote:Cool truck Squirl, BUT i'm definitely not going that route. The primary goal is to keep an open bed so I can actual haul stuff when I need too. Was actually wondering today, if I keep the stock fuel tank situation would I have room to mount the 35" spare under the tank where the stock spare tire is so I could keep the bed completely free.
jkrell wrote:Here's the pile of shocks i'm hoping to put on one of these days. The Front should be pretty straight forward I think with the solo shock mounts (has anybody used their shock mounts on f150, i'm assuming same as bronco?). The rear will take a bit more figuring.

With a baby and a 7 month pregnant wife this build isn't going to happen quick but hopefully I can get this stuff done over the next year.

Thats a nice pile of shocks! So, minus the tires in the bed, you're pretty much going that route?
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

squirelmurphy wrote:
jkrell wrote:Here's the pile of shocks i'm hoping to put on one of these days. The Front should be pretty straight forward I think with the solo shock mounts (has anybody used their shock mounts on f150, i'm assuming same as bronco?). The rear will take a bit more figuring.

Thats a nice pile of shocks! So, minus the tires in the bed, you're pretty much going that route?
No the build won't be any where that full on. Sticking with 35" tires and stock width beams, steel fenders. Just looking for something that is comfortable offroad that will be a functional truck still.
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

I got a few hour kitchen pass yesterday so plated up a set of beams I had. The beams came off of Shockseals kris' bronco, originally built by Charlie Forman. Had a few cracks so needed a little love, hopefully should be better than new.

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I can't wait to see where this build goes!
Dezertbronco
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB

Post by Dezertbronco »

I like the way this is going, Beams look good.
big-d
Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over

Post by big-d »

I did the Saginaw power steering pump conversion on both my trucks. I was happy with the results.
BajaDale

Post by BajaDale »

Looks awesome! I love the Flare Sides! 8-)
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

Finally got a few minutes to work on the beast. Got it all stripped down to a hovercraft, and most of the suspension finalized and painted up. Hopefully I'll get some parts back on tomorrow.... Seems like everything takes a least double the amount of time I think it will... Anybody else have that problem?
jkrell

Post by jkrell »

HA! Wow, guess it looks like I dont know how to properly post a pic from tap a talk on my phone. Any way I can get a mod to delete that?