Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: 62 F100

Post by johncharlesb »

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks for the pics - looks like lots of good stuff to drool over.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

62 F100

Post by economig »

Ditto! Cool pics, thank you
T H R E A T Motorsports
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

It has been a while since an update. I drove it up to the cabin, 350 mile round trip. It was loud with those mud tires and no cab insulation. Here it is dropping the boat in the water.
Put the chains on the gate. I still need to box in the ends and get some d-rings.
The fenderwells were rusted through. I patched them up; it was like welding razor blades. It will need new fenderwells eventually and a core support too but, this will work for now.
I am currently working on the shock mounts for some 14" white rockets. It will need that steering link flipped in the background too. It has about 7" of travel now. It will be around ten with a new arch on the springs and around twelve with a tension shackle. That is about the max for this rig. I have the tabs and plates cut, but still have to do the hoops.
My cargo driving North: 640 kit, XRs only 12:1 head, cam, pipe, suspension, and one kick.
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

New slots.
Arts fartsy.
My camping rig. This is my only ride with beams but, bone stock.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Nice!!! How did it do towing?
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

Mas

My newest victim. V8 4x with arms, pretty clean compared to my usual stuff. Going with a mild build on this one with shocks and 32s.

johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Nice!!! How did it do towing?
Thanks! It tows really well, but the oem manual drum brakes require a lot of planning. I did upgrade to a dual cylinder master that helps a little tiny bit.
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

See you guys later.
hobbyturnedobsession

Hahah yeah i bet! The bronco brakes suck and they have disc up front. Cool stuff! That van would be awesome. Is it 4x4?
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Hahah yeah i bet! The bronco brakes suck and they have disc up front. Cool stuff! That van would be awesome. Is it 4x4?
No 4x on the van, only 2wd. I have considered it and then my sanity returns. Actually, it is up for sale. We bought a cabin on a small lake and we don't use the van much anymore. I might fix up a tin can camper trailer when the van is gone. The Mountaineer should pull it well.

'Picked up some real nice dd 32s for the Mountaineer tonight for $140.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I dig the camping rig!

And the truck is lookin purdy.
hobbyturnedobsession

How did the supertrapp work for the muffler?
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

Thanks Nick!
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:How did the supertrapp work for the muffler?
It is okay. It is a bit loud, but you can pull discs to make it quiter. It is forestry department approved, which goes a long ways in some parts of the state. I doubt it will come apart at this point as the disc bolts are likely fused and will destroy the housing if removed. I hear they will clog over time, but I have not had a problem with it on the truck or the XR. It sounds bad ass on the XR. It is real throaty down low and not loud at speed.

I need shocks. Dixon bolt in Radflo shocks are $600 for the front and I am poor.

'Some more Potato Cam pics:

Getting ready for Silver Lake. I will need to lower my bumps 1 1/2' or clearance the fenders some. It has shackles, so I have a bit of give with the bumps.

32s are on. I got rid of the P-metric junk and put on a proper LT truck tire.

The tire machine. It runs on PBR and Macanudos. It will run on Sierra Nevada too, but is slower.

Someone school me on Dynabeads before I go float my tires in the pond with a level.
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

I had a ton of weights on my wheels and it would vibrate around 55-65. I put dynabeads in my tires and took off all the weights. It did make it better but I still did get some vibration. I'm betting the vibration was coming from the suspension/steering. We'll see when I get it back on the road...
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

'Thanks for the info on the Dyna beads. I am not sure if I am going to balance them myself or take them in. The dyna beads seem almost as expensive as having them balanced. The tires ride well now, but get a bit of vibration at 75mph.

A picture a buddy sent me of my old Bronco. He has the Sami with the flag. I painted the Bronco and sold it for pretty good money. This is the top of Test Hill at Silver Lake Sand Dunes probably in 2001. It had 35/15.5 Boggers; those are some heavy tires for a 302 in the dunes. With paddles that thing would go anywhere.

The Mountaineer went up north to the cabin. The V8 managed 18mpg driving 73-74mph - 20mpg driving 70mph on the way home. This truck is going to work out quite well. I put a radio in it, matching spare tire, windshield, and fixed a bunch of little stuff like door locks and latches. I still need to get cruise and abs light figured out. They are likely related. I checked the pressure switch, but no go. I have to chase the circuit. The bumper is getting a hidden reciever hitch and some reinforcement. A shock upgrade and it will be 90% done.

'No work on the F100, shock mounts soon though.

There was no snow when I showed up. The next day:

I wanted to put the boat in and do some crappie fishing. Yeah right. The lake was 80% froze over. I was canoe fishing mid-March last year. Hopefully the ice is out next week and I am back up for some slabbing. Northern Pike season opens the 27th and they are going to be easy pickin' off the spawning beds with the late ice.
johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

It has been a long while since an update. The 62 was sold, and I am looking for another pre-80 F1. The Mountaineer was hit taking out both the driver and driver's side passenger door, pillar and rocker. I banged it out and bondo-ed it up. I really should of bought doors as they are cheap, but it is a trail truck and now I don't have to worry about it. It is painted well enough until spring when I will paint the whole truck.

Bilstein 7100s are ordered for the front. I am hoping to get 10" strapped after working the tripod joint. It has new moog high angle joints except for the one upper that was not wore out yet. I opened up all the fenders and welded them up to cover the 33s without going to glass on a stock width vehicle. They are probably two wider and two higher than stock. The tires are 33 duratracs, which are pretty awesome for a street truck. They are quiet, light, and hook really well in the dirt, pavement, and snow. I had mud tires on it for a weekend that came with the 15x8 wheels. They were horrible.

Back suspension has a shackle and some cheapo towing dual tube shocks. They take air, which is nice for towing, but they will be eventually replace with some 12" shortbodies and a home built pack, maybe some inverted shackles if I can get everything to fit and still have enough shock travel to warrant it.

I built a rear bumper with a receiver good for the max tow rating of 6600 lbs. It is hidden inside the factory bumper shell. I need a front skid as the condensor and trans cooler are exposed. I have the remanants of the front bumper left, sans the lower section and fogs. I would like to keep it and add on the protection without the prerunner look. Maybe I will try to build something inside and get a receiver in it too for a winch.

Anyway, poser pics of V8 AWD goodness:

johncharlesb

Post by johncharlesb »

Raptor takeoff shocks awaiting a seal kit.

In for a crankshaft position sensor and the weak strut rod assist plywood prop is also fixed:

Typical Ford problem with a bad bushing in the crankshaft position sensor in v6 and v8 engines. I would have power washed, but the power washer gets put away to protect from freezing. I oiled it up with ATF a week earlier to help free up the base. The distributor shaft can get stuck in the block.

Curses:

Better:

Sometimes cheapo parts, but sometimes Motorcraft only.