Julie's Jeep

PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Julie's Jeep

Post by PaulW »

06 Rubi Unlimited modified. Bought used with the expensive aftermarket stuff. Such a bargain.
Yup, its another yellow rig., but not my choosing. Get what is out there for a good price.
The 72 Bronco was a long term build so I got her a nice built Jeep. She loves it but is petrified to drive in on the rocks. So I get the fun.

I have broken it several times and have done the necessary upgrades. Very capable with ARBs alloy axles 35s and 5.13s ++. Strapped with about a 5" lift
Here is a pic from Backward Bill on Wipeout hill on the hard left side. Easter Jeep Safari April 2014
Attachments
IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_1644.JPG (179.57 KiB) Viewed 570 times
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: Julie's Jeep

Post by robertcrav »

Nice! I love the TJ Unlimiteds...
retroblazer

Post by retroblazer »

All they need is a stroker with a Jesco alum. head with a turbo or a LS3 V8.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Banks has the smog legal turbo kit for 2004-2006 4.0Ls.... done
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

robertcrav wrote:Banks has the smog legal turbo kit for 2004-2006 4.0Ls.... done
======
True and they have provided good support so far. The 4.6/4.7 motors work even better with the Banks stuff. So far only a couple noticed on the forums. The Ripp setup (Vortec) is no longer offered, but It worked and there are a bunch of happy guys with that setup.
505 Performance has some users that are happy and some angry with both turbo and SC setups out there. Not sure about smog approvals. Banks is clearly the all states setup. Now they are working on approvals for older 4.0s.
The biggest issue for the 4.0 is no place for an intercooler and most have resorted to Meth injection. The packaging on these early Wranglers is really tight. Took me a week just to install a tranny cooler in front and I sure could have used more room. Eventually I will have to rethink and come up with a do over on that project.