The Vieja

Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Re: The Vieja

Post by Bootleg1 »

you hit it on the money.
It will be a good test to see if it keeps it cool.
I added an engine oil cooler as well to help keep the temp down on the bottom end.
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

This truck neeeeeds these wheels:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/4421273023.html

Not mine, just saw them on CL.
Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Post by Bootleg1 »

But I have 6 of these? Not 100% sold on the methods, but they look so clean.
If someone makes a reasonable offer on the slot mags, I won't have to worry about whether or not to keep the Methods.
15x7, 5 on 5.5, drilled for 5/8 studs and centers open for big hubs.
Any offers? No damage at all. Just old and oxidized.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (225.28 KiB) Viewed 883 times
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

Those would look good too. Definitely worth keeping old school IMO.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Could use two of them for spares for my old school 79, but ought to just grab them all if coming for two anyway.
Before talking money, where are you out of BL? Coming to LA in a couple weeks and I'll take em if we can meet up?
What would you want for just two?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I dig the old school look too, you could always take them to omf or champion and have bead locks added to them if you wanted a vintage wheel look with beadlocks.( I think, not sure if cast vs forged makes a differance maybe someone else knows)
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I would rather sell all 6 together, but 2 of them are slightly different than the other 4, so I would part with those if I let 2 go. Just to keep the 4 as a matching set.
I'm in Chino right off the 60 fwy.
Shoot me an offer for 2 or 4. I was only able to find 1 other set in this size anywhere, but that guy was nuts with his price. Wanted $1200 for 5. Make me a fair offer and I am sure we can work something out.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

My offer wouldn't even be in the ballpark, so I'd better pass. Didn't realize those wheels were so sought after. Good luck with the sale.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Like I said, his ballpark was way out of whack. I was figuring about half for all 6. Maybe I am out of whack too.
Not sure how sought after they are, maybe the reason you cant find them is, nobody wants them.
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

I don't think that's out there to the right person, but I'd only be in for $25 each.
Keep me in mind if you want them gone down the road. Detoured your thread a bit here and thanks.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

No sweat on the detour. The price doesn't work for me at this time, but you never know down the road.

Decided to reinforce the inner fender supports (what left of them) today. With most of them cut away, they had started to tear with the steal fenders. Figuring with the glass fenders, I might want them a little more sturdy. Got all the plates welded in and primered. If they dry today, I will shoot them tomorrow.
Hopefully have the fenders mounted in a week or so.
If I was a better welder, I wouldn't need to be a good grinder!
Planning on aluminum inner fenders once everything is done.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.91 KiB) Viewed 798 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (68.77 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Cut some braces to stiffen it up
Cut some braces to stiffen it up
image.jpg (79.79 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Cracked from vibration
Cracked from vibration
image.jpg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Just looked at the pictures again.
Yes, those are my welding shoes.
But I do wear safety glasses when I grind.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

You what's better about your welding shoes than mine? I tend to wear tennis shoes with socks and sparks go in the shoes sometimes. The shoes can be hard to get off quickly with my hands full. You don't have that issue. :-)
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Need edit: You know...
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the first pic, I hope those flip floppies are OSHA approved.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Just finished painting. Primer dried quicker than I thought. Shot it all with urethane so it should be ready to install Monday.
Pictures coming soon.
Seems like I am going to paint this whole truck one piece at a time.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Wrightracing.net wrote:You what's better about your welding shoes than mine? I tend to wear tennis shoes with socks and sparks go in the shoes sometimes. The shoes can be hard to get off quickly with my hands full. You don't have that issue. :-)
I had a molten berry once that caused me to put the shoe on and take it off 3 times. Sneaky little slag finally cooled in the sole of my skate shoe after going through the tougue, between my big and second toe, 2nd time I had the shoe on it got the second and third toes, and the 3rd time it got me below the second to last and little toe. So me being the brainiac I am stuck my hand inside the shoe and burned 2 fingers. At this point I beat the shit out of the shoe while saying every swear word I knew while hopping on one foot and putting my scaulded fingers in my mouth for some strange reason as if would help somehow. Then the infection of blistered toes in a pool of sweat inside workboots ensued.... Moral of the story protect your tootsies. Grinding wheels scatter so be careful bro, just sayin.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Bootleg1 wrote:Just finished painting. Primer dried quicker than I thought. Shot it all with urethane so it should be ready to install Monday.
Pictures coming soon.
Seems like I am going to paint this whole truck one piece at a time.
Heck ya! Can't wait to see.
Wrightracing.net

oh man, I know how that feels...
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I guess it's boots on the weekend now.
Who would of thought a build thread would have come with wisdom.
As long my work doesn't end up linked to some "Bro Fab" page, I am game for any advise, opinions or suggestions.
Happy Easter guys, enjoy the family.