The Vieja

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: The Vieja

Post by Rmc »

Just wear tennis shoes. Didn't mean to de-rail the thread, sorry man. Now lets see that glass hung.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

TIG weld = shoe problem solved!

Well, at least that's my answer. I weld in sandals all the time. Even the 1-2 times a year I actually use a MIG...
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:TIG weld = shoe problem solved!

Well, at least that's my answer. I weld in sandals all the time. Even the 1-2 times a year I actually use a MIG...
X2 on the sandal fab. Good decisions come from experience, experience comes from bad decision making...
Sandal Fab.jpg
Sandal Fab.jpg (163.51 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Erik, that should be in the words of wisdom thread.

You guys and your suntanned toes haha
Back to the topic at hand.... Any progress?
Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Post by Bootleg1 »

That photo is like looking in a mirror!
Well, one of those fun house mirrors. I might have a few extra pounds.

TIG Welder is on the equipment want list.
Got a few things ahead of it, but definately a must have for cleanliness.
I do have a new welding table now, so maybe it will be coming soon.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ya, got a Miller 180 tight but I need to get a lot more practice to get better welds. I can make it strong or clean but the two have yet to meet consistently.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Tig not tight dumb spell check and no edit.....
Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Post by Bootleg1 »

Trucks bee n sitting a little due to some other project neglect. The kid wanted a new bumper for his blazer so he stole a weekend from the Vieja. I did get the fender braces in and I'm waiting for John from Autofab to send me the inner fender pieces before I mount them. Was going with the Zeus tabs, but now that I decided to run inner fenders, no need for them to come off. Hated the 3 washers making the support look all distorted, so I went with some plates to keep it clean.
I also got some lights in the new work area. :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.48 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (60.02 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.21 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Hard to believe there's any shadow in that garage with all those lights. That's what I need to invest in... Better lighting. The drop light and 3 single flourecent tubes isn't cutting it. Progress is looking great!
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I have been working on the Nova trying to go to the TCI / Steve's Nova site event, but the bumpers didn't come back from chrome.
Sooo, I decided to spend the day on the old girl. Put all the pieces for the console together.
The wife got me the Art Carr shifter for my birthday, so I had to figure out how I wanted to install it. Of course, when giving up the center seat, I had to decide what else to add. This is where I'm at.
Shifter on upper Left, GPS on upper right, 5 or 6 toggle switches & horn button underneath the GPS.
1 or 2 race radios on the lower section ( our channel & weatherman) cup holders, battery shut off and possibly small storage compartment in the very back.
What am I missing? What do you guys wish was right next to you when chasing?
Besides hooter girl and alcohol! Race related needs.
I will be cutting out the shifter and GPS panel tomorrow at work, but the bottom panel is wide open. Area is about 14"x14".
Here are the photos
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.16 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.73 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Back at it again! Finally made the decision to put the electrical in the cab. Put together an electrical console which will be mounted on the tunnel. Once everything is in and wired, I will make a console to contain it all. With removeable panels of course for access. Also found a place for the battery. Was really having an issue with putting it in the bed, and just ran out of room up front.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.29 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Sweet battery box!
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Finally squeezed out a little more time for my project. Got the return line plumbed to the stock tank, as well as getting all the filters and pump mounted and plumbed. Zip ties are only temporary. Was having some difficulty deciding how to get a cable around the intake over to the throttle body. Decided to make a plate for the top of the manifold and just go over the top.
Looks like she's back on the "to do" list again. Exhaust is next. Got some ideas, but it's gonna be packed in tight.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.3 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (80.72 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (81.89 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Man, why do I not follow this thread more closely? There are some cool things going on here!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Glad to see some action here. I thought about finding & bumping this the other day to check progress & promptly forgot to do it.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I wasn't liking the steel one, so I cut a new one out of aluminum and had it anodized black. I like it much better.
If someone has an LQ9 or truck LS that needs the steel parts, they're all yours. Just need heims & shaft.
Hoping to start the exhaust this weekend. Gonna cram some 3" tubing where it doesn't want to go.
Hope I measured correctly!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (496.9 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I wasn't liking the steel one, so I cut a new one out of aluminum and had it anodized black. I like it much better.
If someone has an LQ9 or truck LS that needs the steel parts, they're all yours. Just need heims & shaft.
Hoping to start the exhaust this weekend. Gonna cram some 3" tubing where it doesn't want to go.
Hope I measured correctly!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (496.9 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
sokoloka
Bronco Info: 1970 F250 Reg Cab Short Bed

Post by sokoloka »

What size general's and methods are you running in the first pic with the fiberglass fenders?
Very similar to what I'm looking to do with my truck.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

15x8 wheels with 35" generals.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Exhaust ended up getting bumped for a bit. Decided to go ahead and get everything wired and fire it. Waiting for an air cleaner to get here so I can make the heat shield and mounts. Fired it up today and drove it around the yard. Everything seems to be fine. Guess I have to start the exhaust now. Pretty much the last thing left before it's a driver.
image.jpg
image.jpg (87.21 KiB) Viewed 747 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (111 KiB) Viewed 747 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.05 KiB) Viewed 747 times