The Vieja

Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Re: The Vieja

Post by Bootleg1 »

67 Nova II.
Was my wife's little brothers car. He has since passed away so me and my son are building it for her dad. v8 swap, 200R trans, disc brakes, and so on. Drivetrain and under carriage are done, paint is done, just need to finish the interior and put the windows back in.
5 years and counting.
Hopefully by the end of this year it will be a driver.

Got the radiator lines done on the truck tonight.
Gonna get the fan shroud drawn up tomorrow.
Hoping to mount it and the fenders by next week.
Attachments
Radiator hoses
Radiator hoses
image.jpg (101.16 KiB) Viewed 955 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sounds like a fun car for sure. I dig the Nova II body style. I'd love a 2 door coupe, but the wagons are a bit more practical since it would never really be a racer, just a driver.
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:oooh - what year nova? I want a '65 2 door wagon!

oh steve......... :roll:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

wanted one for a long while. Doesn't mean it's happening any time soon or at all. Heck, I've had a few as screen savers since I was actually looking 5-6 years ago. That go pushed back & will stay pushed back. Too much other "stuff" in the way for a while though. Doesn't mean a boy can't dream though
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

Steve, wouldn't give you a hard time if we wernt buds...

** bootleg -can we see more pics of the front suspension, how the shocks are mounted?
Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Post by Bootleg1 »

Just got back from Ridgecrest, so I'll shoot some today.
All suspension is exactly as it was built back in the 80's. I cleaned it up, powder coated it and put it back on with a couple new shocks.
One of the toughest parts of this build is leaving things alone. Every step of the way I want to change things.
Tube core support, single coil overs with bumps, widen the beams, front steer, all the normal stuff that rolls arond in our heads as we take things apart.
This old girl has logged thousands of miles in her current configuration, so I figure all that other stuff would be better for a complete build.
Just bring her back to life.
Even thinking I'll do the full patina paint job with graphics that would be era correct. Shiny paint is such a burden. " wash me, wax me, don't run me through those bushes, I'll get scratched"
The bed would throw it off a little, but I really like the step side.
Enough with the rambling. Need to get outside and figure out how to make the stock column shift work with the 4L80e trans.
Can't decide on a shifter yet, as I would like it to be 3 passenger capable.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Do a winters/art carr sifter mounted vertically on the dash to the right of the gauges. It's a little harder to get to to shift, but more relaibel than the stock shift arm/lever, and still allows someone to squeeze in the middle.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

That's my top choice for a shifter. I was thinking about remounting the seats and packing it right up against the driver seat. Still should leave a little leg room. Was just going to hook up the column shift until I get to the interior.
Shot some photos of the front end. Used my phone so they aren't the best.
Spindles will get done when I do the rear end. Not sure if I am going to upgrade all the brakes or just add discs to the rear.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (81.69 KiB) Viewed 792 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.63 KiB) Viewed 792 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 792 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (87.64 KiB) Viewed 792 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.48 KiB) Viewed 792 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.37 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

So I took a look at this thread from a desk top and I see that I am not capable of inserting a photo properly. When I insert them and view on my I pad, they look fine. Not sure if I have an option to rotate them?
7D6F250

Post by 7D6F250 »

Yep, I had to stand on my head to see them lol. I dig the old school, tried and true. Thanks for the updates, can't wait to see this thing in the dirt!
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Made the fan shroud today. Need to fuse the corners, install the flaps and fans, and on it goes.
Should have photos tomorrow.
Gonna go ahead and order the Winters shifter.
Thanks for the suggestion. Just the little nudge I needed on that one.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I love how cleanly everything is done on this thing.
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

Nice truck......... Clean work, I like it!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Bootleg1 wrote:So I took a look at this thread from a desk top and I see that I am not capable of inserting a photo properly. When I insert them and view on my I pad, they look fine. Not sure if I have an option to rotate them?
My guess is it's the isuck product - not you.

Are you by chance left handed???? I take pics with my isuck-phone & I have to get on my desktop & rotate them 180* before posting online. They look fine on the phone, but the phone rotates them when emailed or whatever. All I've figured out that it could be is the way I hold/rotate the phone when taking a pic in the horizontal setting. Since I'm left handed I'm sure I rotate the thing the opposite way from all the "normal" people these silly things were set up for.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Funny you should say that. I just took these photos holding the camera the opposite way. I'll see if its fixed when I get to work.
Got the shroud mostly together, so I propped it in to take a look.
Need more rivnuts to continue.
Next will be beefing up the fender supports this weekend, and maybe get the fenders installed..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.86 KiB) Viewed 697 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (105.55 KiB) Viewed 697 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.01 KiB) Viewed 697 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

it worked. Welcome to the isuck products & thinking they know they way you want everything done...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Oh and nice work on the shroud!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Why the black covers on the fanshroud? Is the purpose the extra holes covered until highway speeds the wind pressure pushes em open? Looks really good btw, just a curiosity question.
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

During the time when the fans are not running, it will allow the air to pass through to minimize hot spots in the radiator. Once the fans kick on, they suck the rubber flaps shut to draw air from the entire shroud, rather than just pull from the fan area. Provided the fans have enough power.
I was only able to squeeze a 12" & 10" fan on there. If it doesn't pull enough air, I will switch to a single 17" fan with a larger motor that can overcome more static pressure.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That's kind of what I figured.