The Vieja

Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

The Vieja

Post by Bootleg1 »

I am a bit of a slacker with way more projects than I should have. Progress will be slow and my photos will probably be less than adequate. I know it's not a bronco, but I've got 1 in the driveway, so I'm gonna start a build thread on this for now. 68 F100 that I got from a buddy's ex wife.
She took it in the divorce and I found out years later where she was storing it and I talked her out of it. Drove it around for a few years and traded it off to a friend who said he was just gonna hold it for me until I wanted it back.
Well, it's back.
The 390 and C6 has been yanked out and an LQ9 and 4L80 has been slipped in. Finishing up the core support now, so we should be plumbing and wiring in the next couple weeks. Here's a few photos to get things started.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.74 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.82 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (222.01 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (250.03 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.82 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: The Vieja

Post by Rmc »

Bad ass! I'm jelous! Very cool ride my friend. What's your plan for it long term?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

Ya love this truck.....
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Saweet!

? Is it the angle of the interior pic or does the seat look like its mounted really high compared to the bottom of the steering wheel? Looks like it would cut into your legs
Bootleg1
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Looking for one when I fell into a Blazer. Also have 68 F100 prerunner.

Post by Bootleg1 »

Long term plan is just a very reliable driver / chase truck. I went the full pre runner route last time with my blazer (Tony knows the white blazer) and it never seemed to get used because I always needed more room for pit stuff. Still trying to decide whether to put on the stock fleet side or keep the late model step side. What do you guys think?
The seat is mounted pretty high and it gave a great view over the hood. It didn't hit my legs, but it was close. Gonna remount those and drop them down. Want to keep the cab pretty stock looking with AC, race radio and GPS.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Step side!!!!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

This was what I was originally gonna build until I found out I was having a kid. Love it!
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Step side! Step side! Step side!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Good lookin truck with a great motor choice! Can't wait to hear how it progresses.

I will go ahead & agree on the stepside. Not usually my choice, but it looks cool on this truck
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Stepside all day! Nice truck, have fun!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Step side here too
blueoval8493
Bronco Info: 1994 F-150 super cab with 347.

Post by blueoval8493 »

I like the step side but that 80-86 style with anything else has always kinda bugged me. I mean how the 80-86 were indented and the 70's and 90's weren't. I had a truck with 85 front fenders and 88 bedsides and one with 93 front fenders and early 80's stepside bedsides. They were both painted to match and looked ok but the style of the wheel wells didn't match on either. People wouldn't pick it out until I showed them. Guess it was the o.c.d. kicking in.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Bootleg1 wrote:Long term plan is just a very reliable driver / chase truck. I went the full pre runner route last time with my blazer (Tony knows the white blazer) and it never seemed to get used because I always needed more room for pit stuff. Still trying to decide whether to put on the stock fleet side or keep the late model step side. What do you guys think?
The seat is mounted pretty high and it gave a great view over the hood. It didn't hit my legs, but it was close. Gonna remount those and drop them down. Want to keep the cab pretty stock looking with AC, race radio and GPS.

Your blazer was awesome, but this rig has some serious potential!!! Excited to see what is coming. I agree, keep it step side.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

blueoval8493 wrote:I like the step side but that 80-86 style with anything else has always kinda bugged me. I mean how the 80-86 were indented and the 70's and 90's weren't. I had a truck with 85 front fenders and 88 bedsides and one with 93 front fenders and early 80's stepside bedsides. They were both painted to match and looked ok but the style of the wheel wells didn't match on either. People wouldn't pick it out until I showed them. Guess it was the o.c.d. kicking in.
those who know can see it right away. Those who don't can't (and often don't care).

Bugs me a bit too, but the stepside beds are "odd" bodyline wise anyway so they don't look THAT off.

Those 80's beds are way easier to find in "stepside" (get ready for some bashing if you call it that any an old ford loyalist website) than 60's & 70's stuff so guys use them all the time
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

I just got everything back from the powder coater this week so I told all my buddies to stay away today. Otherwise I end up working on there stuff.
Got engine and trans cooler mounted along with the radiator. Gonna put the power steering cooler in the frame rail tomorrow.
Got the grill all back together but decided to order all new plastic pieces for the headlight adjusters so I'll get those in next week. Should get most of the plumbing done this week and then it's into the electrical after Ridgecrest.
Sorry for the dark photos, new garage and haven't finished the electrical yet.
Here's a few photos of the progress.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.79 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (93.56 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (88.57 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.8 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Super sexy, love all the freshly painted goods!
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

looking great!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Very cool truck-- I really like the nascar looking air cleaner and the hood shocks among other things. When did you LS this truck??
Bootleg1

Post by Bootleg1 »

Started the project last year. A buddy was looking for a 390 and C6 for a straight axle falcon he was building and there was an LS and trans sitting up on the shelf. Seemed like the right thing to do.
Funny thing was, I wouldn't let him have the NASCAR air filter. It's sitting in my garage and I don't have anything to put it on right now. Gonna have to find something to put it on. Maybe my Nova. It's next in line after the truck.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

oooh - what year nova? I want a '65 2 door wagon!