95 f150 4x4

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: 95 f150 4x4

Post by Rmc »

Me personally, I set the camber by a calibrated eyeball and put all my focus on toe. Measure frame rail to frame rail and devide by 2, draw a center line. Measure each tire independently. Then together, just to verify all isn't on a single side. I'm too cheap to pay someone.
steve-oh
Bronco Info: 93 xlt,5.0 caged, extended beams work in progress

Post by steve-oh »

Im lucky, ive got a alignment machine so makes changes a lot easier......
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

What kind of travel numbers can i see out of just running coilovers and extended radius arms?
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

On stock beams, no c&t or extended
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

If you could do away with mechanical bind ( radius arm bushings and droop limitation created by the max angle of ball joints) I'm gonna guess between 8 and 14 inches?? I dunno because the c&t is solely for camber correction. Lowering the pivot plane such as drop brackets does nothing to increase or decrease mechanical limitations of stock components. Lets say you did just the radius arm brackets and got rid of the bushings that alone will increase the droop point a lot. At that point lets say the max useable angle ( I'm guessing) of the balljoint was 30 degrees, where ever that max angle occurs is the new full droop position. I would still suggest limit straps to limit droop due to you not wanting the entire weight of the front suspension system hanging on a ball joint repeatedly with every Time the tires fall away.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

These other guys have way more experience than I do with the limitations of stock components. Hopefully someone else could chime in their take.
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

Is there any other benfit to c&t beams other than camber correction? Can you gain travel with c&t beams? From my understanding its for camber correction when lifting the truck a little with no drop brackets. I like the stance of the truck now as far as the width( be nice if it was a little wider),i know once i lift it a few inches the width will decrease a little, id like to do extended radius arms with heims next and then coilovers up front a little futher down the road. Im trying to keep down time to a minimum and also not going back and redoing things either.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

We built a short course bronco on stock beams, with extended radius arms, and coilovers, and it is pulling all of the class allowed 12" of wheel travel. Up travel becomes your limiting factor, with frame to beam clearance being the biggest issue. In short course, it is not as big of deal because all of the jumps are graded nice and smooth. Limited up travel gets the truck to "pancake" sooner on the face of the jump, then the rest of your travel is in droop. In the desert, most of the guys are cutting and turning their beams to bring camber back in line after lifting the front for up travel. If you don't want to cut and turn, it is possible (although I don't really like it) to run drop brackets, extended radius arms, and longer shocks. This will achieve the same wheel travel as a C/T truck, if you don't want to cut and turn. One plus to drop brackets however, is it keeps better driveline angles since the entire beam is being lowered.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I don't see any other advantage to c&t, the c&t alone creates nothing travel wise. Agian back to that bind issue. Like mentioned extended hiemed radius arms and figure othe the steering situation and its far better than stock.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Pros - No drop brackets thus increased strength, gained bump travel. Cons - Lot's of fabwork and knowledge required, downtime, driveline clearancing, clocking the diff. I cut and turned mine, and if I was going to do it again, I would buy a set from someone who does it alot. I think mine turned out awesome, but it was alot of work for what I've seen others sell for 400 or 500 bucks.

This might be up your alley if you haven't seen them yet.

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =15&t=3075
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Drop brackets can cause the cross member to crack if the brackets arent plated or tubed to the frame. Also drop pitman arms arent well liked by the sector shaft. The last thing, i was coilovered and because of the leverage angle i didnt care for the way it handled.
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

Definitely want to stay away from drop brackets, so with stock beams, extended arms with heims and some 14" coilovers im looking at around 12" of travel.....anybody have some pics from the front of c&t beams not extended?
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

steve-oh wrote:so with stock beams, extended arms with heims and some 12" coilovers im looking at around 16" of travel.....

Fixed.........
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

BDKW1 wrote:
steve-oh wrote:so with stock beams, extended arms with heims and some 12" coilovers im looking at around 16" of travel.....

Fixed.........
With no c&t 16" inches of travel, correct ......
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Look at my build thread. Ive got c/t beams extended rad arms and c/o's
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Get Yikes to input here. He ran drop brackets for a while. I bet he has a good idea.
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

Not using drop brackets on this.....
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

steve-oh wrote:Not using drop brackets on this.....
That settles it!
steve-oh

Post by steve-oh »

Im thinking about just extending the beams when i do the radius arms and coilovers, I've seen the beams extended before and after the arm mounts, whats the pros and cons to running the arms in the different locations......im thinking about 2-2.5 inches on ea side.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

The only pro I'm aware of is clearing the frame a bit at tuck but its all the same deal to me. Someone may know an advantage besides added clearance.