White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Re: White 1994 F-150 Sleeper Build

Post by zachwabbit »

So jealous!! Makin me wanna build mine more! Lol
Potato.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Is the housing powder coated or spray painted? Could redo the the shock mounts if its only painted.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I'd just do remote redo and flip it.

nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

Housing is powdercoated, so no go on re-working the shock mounts. Pretty sure I can fix it with going remote and flipping em.
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

Post by Bajaluv »

nubreed71 wrote:I ran out to Ocotillo Sunday afternoon for a little shakedown run with Bray (DMBronco) since I knew this would probably be the only weekend I'd have a chance to get out before the holidays. Stoked with how the truck ran. The rear shocks could use a little tuning, and a couple new bypass adjusters (more on that later), but the spring under felt great, and I was really happy with the new gear ratio in the rear axle. So glad I went to 5.14's.

Airing down before we hit the dirt:

Snagged a quick shot as we were trying to figure out why Bray's rig decided to shut down. Not sure what it was, but we fiddled with the inertia switch and then she fired right back up, so off we went again.

Then we ran out towards the railroad tracks and blasted along that road for awhile. I love that section...so fast and nice and buttery.

Then we hooked left over towards Superstition. Stopped for a hydration break:

Then we headed up the base of Superstition, but ended up stopping after an unforeseen drop off caught us by surprise. After a quick safety meeting, I parked my rig and hopped in with Bray to head to the top and eat some lunch.

Pics of said unforeseen drop-off:

That's my truck down there somewhere. Kind of a funny little where's Waldo shot.

After grabbing a bite, we headed back down, grabbed my truck and headed back towards the railroad bridge/wash. Grabbed a couple glamour shots there.

I'm kinda laughing since I noticed the graffiti once I loaded the pics onto my computer. Oh well...I guess i won't frame this one after all.

All in all a great little half day shakedown run, got in about 50-60 dirt miles. The truck ran almost flawlessly...the only carnage on my rig was a couple bypass adjusters that ended up being a little too long. When Richer cycled the rearend it was with 3.0 smooth bodies on there, and we swapped these on after the fact. We suspected that they might hit, and sadly they did. Not sure how I'm gonna address this since I really want to keep these shocks on the truck. I may look into converting them to remote resi instead of piggyback, and then flipping them around so that the bypass tubes are hanging off the front of the shocks instead. No idea if that's possible, but worth a shot.

And here's a little readout of our run...kinda cool to see it all on the map.

Stoked you got out on Sunday !!! I'm in on the next trip.

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Love the Truck, great job on it. You should do a 4wd conversion, then you never have to leave it behind. Still a great build. I use to drive my old 81 F100 2wd out their and loved it. I think driving a 2wd in sand makes you a better driver in the long run, because it makes you choose better lines and know what not to do to get stuck.

I have a question on your amber LED lights up front. Do you use them as dust lights? And do they work as well as a HID Hella 4000 with amber covers?

Seeing you out at one of my favorite areas, makes me really want to finish my Bronco so bad.

David...
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Thanks David! Yeah, the thought has definitely crossed my mind, and it's still not off the table at some point down the road. Having 4wd would be a whole lotta fun.

Do you mean the little amber lights in my grille? Yeah, I like to throw em on in the dirt so that way I've got amber lights front and rear in case anyone needs to be able to see me in the dust. Those little guys are pretty darn bright, especially for the size. Not sure they have the same spread as a Hella 4000 though.

Get cranking on that thing and get it back in the dirt!!!
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Hell yeah Aaron! We definitely need to get out for a trip soon. Once I get my bypass tube clearance issue figured out, I'm definitely game.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Ya, I have been thinking of getting a couple amber LED bars to put under my 4 Hella 4000's just for dust lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

At some point I'd really like to make a removable light bar that bolts to the front bumper and holds 5-6 Squadron XL's. That way it'd have kind of an old school look of multiple lights instead of a bar.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Don't worry, the BTR's aren't going anywhere....just some temporary shoes while the BTR's get machined so I can run proper lug nuts. Those projects look friggin yuuuuuge.

D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

Projects look great on your truck
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
Bajaluv

Post by Bajaluv »

2nd that on the Projects

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Been working on some small detail projects lately. First up was having some metal straps made to sandwich the fiberglass bedsides between the OEM steel bedrail and said metal straps. As always, the boys at Richer killed it on these things.

Added a few tie down loops while we were at it.

And finally some fuel tank straps from our very own VintageIronFab. I saw the ones he made for his rig and I liked em so much I asked him to make me a set.

Bajaluv

Post by Bajaluv »

All about the details !! I want a set of those tanks straps too . Looking good Taylor

Wrightracing.net

I like the tank straps also. I have a dimple die set, so all I would do different, would be radius the bends to match the tank. You still looks great.

David...
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Looks great now for a cage.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

That's the next big modification for sure. Originally the cage was supposed to happen before the rear axle, but a deal presented itself on the axle that I just couldn't pass up.

I've got a few small things in the works right now. Gonna get a filler neck made so I don't have to gas up through the wheel well, and then gonna get the bedsides and fenders painted and sprayed with LineX on the backside. Also in the process of swapping out the lightbar on the front for a removable bar with 6 Squadron XL's. Should be pretty sweet.
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Not a super exciting update, but I've been working on some little ticky tacky projects while I wait for some bigger stuff to get wrapped up.

I noticed my spare was getting a little more sun than I'd like, so I grabbed this cover from Smittybilt and then had it modified to work with my tire spinner.